Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Yet again nothing here, spanish plumes never really deliver for this area :( Seen more storms from north westerlies in winter ...  :nonono:

Give it a chance - I can see the stuff south of you over Notts pepping up and becoming thundery before too long...

• Like 2

Posted

Bloody hell, I'm actually still buzzed after this morning's storm! The weather can actually do what it wants for the rest of the day. If I don't get another storm, oh well, I'm completely satisfied! :D

A horrible day now though in these parts, had a brief break from the rain in the city centre a couple of hours ago but it's really closed in again now. At least it's unusually warm feeling for a rainy day.

Posted

All eyes on the dry slot now coming into the SE off the Channel.

Suns just making a break through here.

Edited by Chris101

Posted

I would really appreciate it if all you guys could just blow in my direction and push those storms over to skeggy because I have an awful feeling they just ain't gonna get this far

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

The humidity is bearable in Norwich but try going to Shipdham its extremely humid amazing. Feeling like a dry line contrast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Great to see and hear of reports from other members more south and west.  Up here it has been grey and claggy and it feels like the humidity is getting worse.  Really not comfortable conditions for me.

On another note it appears convection is initiating south - north on the eastern side of England to - around Hull area?  I am thinking convective in nature due to the rapid growth on the radar.  Hope it makes it way steadily further north as I feel a tad storm starved  :good:

Posted

Give it a chance - I can see the stuff south of you over Notts pepping up and becoming thundery before too long...

Hope your right pal, the sun is slowly trying to come out here now, the foggy/mist has lifted and I can now see definition in the clouds rather than just a laden grey sky like an hour ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Constant thunder coming from the north I think. Looks like a Bristol Skimmer on the cards so may see something again soon!

From looking at the radar and live lightning the storm over linconshire seems to be widening and becoming more active!

Bodes well for the dry slot conditions coming into the south this afternoon. So much energy to tap into :D

Posted

From looking at the radar and live lightning the storm over linconshire seems to be widening and becoming more active!

Yes I think that's the ones I am looking at - well from Lincs to the Humber that particular area appears to have come alive in the past half hour or so..  Here's hoping matey!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.

This is so annoying. The thunder and lightning keeps passing just to the East of me. 

Was the same story last night. 

Edited by matty007

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and thunderstorms, snow in winter

I'm considering driving down towards Bournemouth to catch a storm as there seems to be little headed this way. Any thoughts or would I be wasting my time?

Posted

Just had another nice storm overhead and I have seen no sun at all today so I don't think the lack of sun is going to be that much of an issue.

The only annoying thing is that due to the low level murk and the 3 storms this morning being very high based and even though there passing overhead very little lightning was seen and I wouldn't exactly call the thunder loud at all but there storms never the less so shouldn't moan to much lol :-) 

Edit: sun has just come out so hopefully will aid any storms coming over the channel. 

Edited by Dorset_Weather

Posted

Boring outbreak, every radar trace and sequence shows the storms going around us both to the west and east.

Incredible seeing all the reports and yet we had everything go round us.

Posted

Looking at France, seems some of the crud is shrinking across northern parts and clearer skies pushing across the Channelhttp://www.sat24.com/en/fr

Yep sky has gone from grey clag to milky (ish) now - it is still warm and humid though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Temperature dropping fast, along with humidity now, looks like the cooler, fresher air has made its way into these parts. Time to resume normal life !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Constant thunder coming from the north I think. Looks like a Bristol Skimmer on the cards so may see something again soon!

Yep - still some T&L up here just to my North. Brilliant stuff. Like you said, looks like there is some activity still coming up from the SE of Bristol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe thunderstorms, Heavy snow

All eyes on the dry slot now coming into the SE off the Channel.

Suns just making a break through here.

Good to see someone else from Ipswich! Nice storm last night wasn't it?

What do you think of our chances today? Seems too cloudy for me, think we could miss out for today. Still the day ahead of us I guess.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

No storms in France right now. :(