Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spicy weather

Well, even though there wasn't a flicker or slightest rumble here it was a great night reading about other folks experiences and looking at the pics and videos. Fantastic and thanks for posting them for other folks to enjoy. Off to newcastle again today as working and carlisle all next week, so maybe i'll get lucky somewhere along the line :-)

• Like 2

Posted

Feels warm here this morning sun not out yet too cloudy.

When I woke at 5 ish this morning its was misty.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Definitely a chance for thunderstorms tomorrow, especially but not limited to the far East. CAPE & LI levels are not quite as favourable for storms compared to yesterday. The storms won't be transported from the continent, but instead home grown, so this should mean the storms are less severe. The East is more prone to storms tomorrow, this doesn't mean Central areas won't see showers, very unlikely for anything in the far West.

I would disagree with the inference that imported storms are more likely than homegrowns to be severe. I would suspect that most severe storms/supercells the UK sees are home grown, purely because imported storms tend to become elevated on their trip over the channel (Friday nights MCS being a clear exception to this general rule).

Humidity it stupid again this morning. I wouldn't be surprised to see more storms around the midlands today

Ditto here - still humid, sun breaking through so temperatures on the up.

Posted

Just under 80% humidity here this morning. Very, very weird feeling to it all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

what's the chances of the SW seeing more storms?Sleep caught up with me around 6pm and have just woke up so if there's a chance I'll be readyWould be sweet to get more storms tonight.

Weather pro app suggests storms for our area between 4pm and 10pm. Can we really get 3 consecutive days of storms?! We'll see!! Edited by Karl83

Posted

Just under 80% humidity here this morning. Very, very weird feeling to it all.

Similar weirdness here,a North-westerly breeze yet still very humid with dewpoints around 17c.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

Not one rumble of thunder .. not one flash of lightening .. not even one drop of rain .. my last 72 hours !

• Like 1

Posted

Wow simply amazing.  Last two days I was thinking oh well nothing complete blank despite the energy up there.  Was not too disapointed others was getting a show , we had fair share.  Closed was storm in afternoon which crossed peterborough burned the edge of the town.    Last night that storm burning lowerstoft and yarmough looked amazing, then something started to happen it slowly turned.    I thought and checked met forecast it hit north east so naturally expected to turn.   However this looked sharper did calculating sure enough if keeps this up might have our name in its sights.   Sure enough bang it hit amazing light show but sadly too tired.   Woke up 4.00 am this thing going nuts and rain was intense.  I have calibrated the rain gauge too much now to website who said we got 31mm rainfall from this system    

• Like 1

Posted

The crud returns, this is a joke :p same as yesterday let's hope it disperses fast.

Feeling humid temp 21.8c will it go bang? :bomb: Stay tuned to find out more...

Posted

Similar weirdness here,a North-westerly breeze yet still very humid with dewpoints around 17c.

Dewpoint now at 16c, with a really soft breeze blowing. Humidity still above 70%

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I wonder where is the first lightning strike of the day will be in the UK on the live lightning map?

Edited by pip22

Posted

The crud returns, this is a joke :p same as yesterday let's hope it disperses fast.Feeling humid temp 21.8c will it go bang? :bomb: Stay tuned to find out more...

indeed going feel like anti climax after last two days with big decrease in cape levels but we should not forget last 2 was exceptional.   Noticed maybe convergence around peterborough/wash area 6pm today on lightening wizard.

Posted

I wonder where is the first lightning strike of the day will be in the UK on the live lightning map?

Salisbury. I'll have £1 if I can get 250/1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Ill go with..

There wont be any.

• Like 1

Posted

BF has posted a detailed look at today's prospects over in the forecast thread - well worth a look ☺http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/80904-spanish-plumeconvective-technical-analysis-discussion-1772014-onwards/?p=3011115

Thanks Paul for linking and BrickFielder for the insightful information

Posted

BF has posted a detailed look at today's prospects over in the forecast thread - well worth a look ☺http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/80904-spanish-plumeconvective-technical-analysis-discussion-1772014-onwards/?p=3011115

thanks for that - very useful.

looking at your post number, is it tempting to make one more post :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Morning all

well what a day it was yesterday and last night,got some good footage to post on here soon,just need to do a lot of editing,

heres a snapshot of lightning as it went by

post-16960-0-75174700-1405853649_thumb.p

post-16960-0-51609600-1405853663_thumb.p

post-16960-0-99848400-1405853670_thumb.p

post-16960-0-58778100-1405853676_thumb.p

more footage to follow soon :good:

• Like 3