Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summers, Snowy Winters

Amazing here in Lowestoft tonight. Spectacular lightning pretty much constant since 22:30!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Well, I've been up for the best part of 48 hours and I'm totally cream crackered so am off for some much needed sleep.

It's been an exciting 24-48 hours for many of us, so a big thank you to all who have contributed on the thread, some great posts, storm stories, banter, photo's and video footage....until the next time, goodnight!  :good:

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and tornadoes

Well i'm shattered after such an amazing day of storm chasing, in the past 24 hours i have managed to see 5 storms, now thinking of an attempt at sleeping, the bedroom has other ideas... 27.8f and 67% humidity :-/ oh hum... Anyway good night all and so happy so many people had a great storm satisfying day.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Thursday Night was probably the best storm event of the week (Central Midlands), however, just as I thought today was a complete disaster; a storm from the South takes a sudden westerly turn tracking directly towards Warwick. Witnessed some  amazing Flash Floods, 

Thunderstorms:

2:45AM (Friday Early Morning) - Spectacular, although the South East got better (as usual).

11:30PM (Friday Night) - Nothing Special, just the odd strike and rumble.

4:30AM (Saturday Morning) - I had not witnessed this one, however it seemed great, not spectacular.

3:50PM (Saturday Afternoon) - Not as much Lightning as Friday Morning, but stone sized hail and rain were sure intense.

EDIT: Supercell occurrence Saturday Afternoon.

post-17472-0-55286300-1405815076_thumb.g

post-17472-0-48735500-1405815119_thumb.g

post-17472-0-06856600-1405815011_thumb.g

Edited by Cumulonimbus123
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

Pretty little storm, not over active but nice seeing lightning at night, even if it was 30 miles away! One or two closer strikes but everything stayed east of Norwich :)

Im glad we headed East and stopped before Brundall with a good view. Well worth the hour and a half we were there. Great night, thoroughly enjoyed. Still got the dregs of it hanging around.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

That rain mass with embedded storms is now passing just to our east. It caused a brief power outage in Louth and is still rumbling on, with frequent lightning over the Eastern horizon. Edit. It's now right over us and the power has gone again. Seems from the radar that it's developing along its western edge as there's now a distinct band of storms stretching across central Lincs. Absolutely chucking it down now too.

Edited by Just Before Dawn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Is there a realistic chance of anymore storms?

Definitely a chance for thunderstorms tomorrow, especially but not limited to the far East. CAPE & LI levels are not quite as favourable for storms compared to yesterday. The storms won't be transported from the continent, but instead home grown, so this should mean the storms are less severe. The East is more prone to storms tomorrow, this doesn't mean Central areas won't see showers, very unlikely for anything in the far West.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Rain is still torrential here though the lightning output has slackened off now.

Posted

A few lightning flashes visible from the Lincs storms as i'm looking to the East, not bad considering the distance is nearly 3 hours by car

• Like 1

Posted

Deep thunder away to the S&SE of York, quite a way off but more frequent and plenty of lightning. Seems like they're all merging, could get a bit naughty in a minute

Posted

Just had an absolute torrent of rain here, with some lovely deep rumbles of thunder. If I hadn't had a skinful yesterday, I'd be sat in a field somewhere watching this one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Lightning visible here. It's getting foggy, so the lightning kind of illuminates the eastern sky - it appears closer than it actually is.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

There is some nice thunderstorm activity developing to the east of St-Malo. It might give a light show to somewhere in Southern England, though that is dependent on whether it makes it across the channel!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Deep thunder away to the S&SE of York, quite a way off but more frequent and plenty of lightning. Seems like they're all merging, could get a bit naughty in a minute

Just been to Warthill and parked up and got some good shots of the lightning, became quite scary as the Cgs were very close, called it a night for our chase now and we are watching the lightning over the Wolds from our front door. 

• Like 1

Looks like I could have seen a decent amount of lightning out to the east last night had I been awake. Would be more gutted about that had I missed out earlier in the day :D Was so tired!

Posted

Nice to see some get some decent (and numerous) storms over the last 48 hours. I Was lucky to get 1 sat AM at 3am, which I was woken by. Saturday daytime was a rainy and disappointing mess really. Looking forward to a drier, sunnier and less humid day today!