Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Very humid and oppressive here in South Norfolk - there's a thin veil of high cloud, so the sun isn't that strong, but it feels thundery.

Posted

Sun has come out here and it's stifling and uncomfortable.Where is the CF at the moment?

Can mods please delete complete post, dunno what went wrong, cheers

Edited by Generalelectrix

Posted

Midlands cell starting to etch more northwards as it hits the convergence, might just get something out of this here in the peaks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy in Winter, Cold and Wet in Summer

newbie, amateur question; the stuff over le havre now looks as though it's grown pretty quickly and smaller bits and pieces seem to be bubbling over the channel...is the large one over la havre likely to die as it crosses the channel or strengthen, and could it affect london later?

thanks

Posted

Thanks for the heads up Karl I hope we do get more.

Sister is in Egypt and is gutted about the storms.

She needs to go away more often lol.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Have to say while it's been stifling here today, the skies look stable - it could just be a strong cap which the front/trough could erode, but certainly no signs of it here yet

Posted

That beast is heading for us! 

Is sure looking that way...according to my detailed scientific investigations, we are right in the firing line

(ok so I held a stick against the screen on the live lightning strike webpage - so shoot me!) :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I'd be pretty excited I was in the Nottingham/Loughborough area! Sods law, I work in Loughborough!

• Like 1

Posted

As long as it doesn't die. From past experiences I've learned not to trust the radar until storms actually hit here.  :crazy:

Posted

Storm moving through Coventry now.  Leading edge of the storm saw low level cloud fairly zipping along. Once it started to rain we have had a proper deluge with fairly frequent lightning. There is a fair amount of static in the air making your hair stand up on end.  Not much in the way of hail but a few dots of hail mixed in with the rain. Key risks were very heavy rainfall, blotting out almost all cloud structure and the constant reverberation from the thunder. No evidence of rotation and post storm low cloud is not zipping along like pre storm clouds were. Few towers behind the storm which might suggest back building. Definitely not one of those rather weak storms with a few flashes of lightning.

Edited by BrickFielder
  • Like 2

Posted

Over for SE England now stormwise in my opinion,we have lost the cloud but a change to a breezy SW flow has replaced it.Its feeling fresher even ahead of the cold front.We have also lost the glorious thundery/tropical convective skys here and replaced with standard 'cotton wool cumulas".I would imagine North of London the place to be now?

Over for SE England now stormwise in my opinion,we have lost the cloud but a change to a breezy SW flow has replaced it.Its feeling fresher even ahead of the cold front.We have also lost the glorious thundery/tropical convective skys here and replaced with standard 'cotton wool cumulas".I would imagine North of London the place to be now?

Hard to determine exact position of front right now: Cold sector getting a move on eatwards in the south, warm sector bulging back westwards in the midlands and to add some spice to it all a convergence line northwards. Quite tricky, ey? :crazy:

Ralph

Posted

I wonder what the chances of this storm near coventry to start taking a more north west ward track once it reaches a bit further north?

Posted Image

Maybe wishful thinking as I want a storm, but ya never know.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Thunder way up here along the coast of the North east..

• Like 1

Posted

As long as it doesn't die. From past experiences I've learned not to trust the radar until storms actually hit here.  :crazy:

I know i know ;) I need to calm down! but its hard with that monster heading this way!  :p

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Probably try and ruin my night out which raises the odds of it actually arriving and getting past Chesterfield.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe thunderstorms, strong wind, heavy snow

Well so much for the mega storms forecast for here...I'm happy for all you that got them and still are though. The ones moving up from the south now will pass East of here and I can't see much else developing in this area. Been grey and cloudy with showers all day. The sun is out now but I don't think that will help.

Posted

Looks like NW England could be in for more moderate convective rain this afternoon as the main storm heads North over the Pennines region. I'm in Central Manchester ATM, and the sun is out and it's hot, but this rain doesn't seem to be utilising all the potential.

Well so much for the mega storms forecast for here...I'm happy for all you that got them and still are though. The ones moving up from the south now will pass East of here and I can't see much else developing in this area. Been grey and cloudy with showers all day. The sun is out now but I don't think that will help.

I think you could get a storm later, the trajectory of those storms is N ATM.
  • Like 1

Posted

Looks like another cell is now forming infront of the main one, strikes being picked up further north, near Derby already