Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Interesting little cell just fired up North of the Channel Islands.

Whether it will come to anything or not we will see, but it's heading NNW towards me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Was quite surprised by last night, I got up at 2/3am and saw the storms turn away from London.  I actually thought I'd awake to the biggest MCS in a decade.  :closedeyes:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Many

From my own experience here in Feb this year, things can develop very quickly - we went from not much on a cloudy-ish day (that wasn't too hot either) to a supercell forming at 3-4pm offshore and cleaning the city's clock two hours later before producing a damaging tornado north of here!  For reference we ended up with this (scroll through the photos): http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/your-weather/9754431/Storm-brings-hail-tornadoes-to-Canty

Plenty of time guys, and it looks from what I can see on sat24 and the lightning detector that things are picking up in the south.

Edited by Chris W
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Crazy developments taking place.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

A short thundery episode between 830 and 9 this morning,torrential rain the bigger feature.

We had some nice thunder and lighning again between 8pm and 10pm yesterday eveening when we caught the edge of the big mcs that hit the south coast and worked NE,then booming thunder at 4am that awoke me,but that would apear to have been a remnant of the South coast storms.

So all in all a wonderful surprise in stormy thursday night here in London,not much here in the last 24hrs in terms of proper nearby thunderstorms.

Looks like today will be a bust for most given stuben cloud cover bar the odd local thundery outbreak,given the ingrediants that are available to tap into had the sun shone,you can't help but feel dissapointed.

Posted

Some decent looking storms/showers in North West France, I think heading this way. (West Country)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

The Nottingham 00z sounding.

Posted Image

Showing the vile layer of clag very nicely! 

East Anglia is clearing and already we're seeing developments. Just shows how much potential there is out there if this crap would do one!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Disappointing overall, also a slight Downgrade on CAPE Levels further West

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Seems to be a lot coming towards Bristol and surrounding areas. Queuing up to drop what will hopefully be storm 4 for Saturday.

Edited by Karl83
  • Like 2

Posted

we also have localized flooding here ..the lads at the fire service are over overloaded..and it looks like we are going to get hit by a new set of cells/showers :

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

We had a few flashes and rumbles in the early hours of this morning. Just continuous moderate rain right now, but very humid. I went out this morning to watch and the rain was so warm. I have a very wet dressing gown! It was almost bright so not as spectacular as a dark night time storm and it wasn't directly overhead, but nice to see nonetheless.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It's overcast here but it's constantly developing.. Thundering again here. Sod all since 2005, now 4 storms in 12 hours or so. :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe thunderstorms, Heavy snow

Not feeling positive about today here in Ipswich. Great storm last night with frequent lightning, but it's too cloudy, surely nothing will develop? Any thoughts?

Posted

i am guessing west is best for storm potential today OMG, i think i just heard thunder, i did i did

Edited by sparky1972

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

i am guessing west is best for storm potential today

Depends how you define west.. 

Midlands yes, potentially, further west than that though, and it's more unlikely than in the southeast. I think the southeast does have the greatest amount of energy available, thus the best chance of storms.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Oh my god what an unbelievable storm we have right now, this by far the best day time storm i have ever witnessed, we have constant thunder and lightning every 1 too 2 seconds, the rain is so so torential and th ehouse is shaking, this is amazing

• Like 4

Posted

Depends how you define west.. 

Midlands yes, potentially, further west than that though, and it's more unlikely than in the southeast. I think the southeast does have the greatest amount of energy available, thus the best chance of storms.

as i type there is thunder approaching, 2 loud rumbles, not going to ammount much, just a glancing blow.

Edited by sparky1972

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

some chinks in the mid-level convective cloud allowing some very warm sunshine with temps and humidity rising accordingly. Considering thunderstorms are developing 20-30 miles to my south and south west, this bodes well for the potential of a very active afternoon  :good:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

THings kicking off - going to quite an afternoon on here I feel!