Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

If the winds steer just one more cell over Kent and Essex I'm gonna go mad...

That new one in France is MINE. Hands off.

Edited by Flash bang flash bang etc
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

It began here with 'war of the worlds' type lightning. A few cg's to begin with some withput thunder. Certainly feels like my younger days when this would happen at least a couple of times every year. Its been a while.

In  my book 3 rumbles of thunder aren't exactly apocalyptic. Standard Norfolk fare I'm afraid....and it's off the coast anyway so only counts as audible thunder  :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

In  my book 3 rumbles of thunder aren't exactly apocalyptic. Standard Norfolk fare I'm afraid....and it's off the coast anyway so only counts as audible thunder  :nonono:

But wouldn't you just love to have been under that thing the past hour????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Torrential rain here now and woken up fifteen minutes ago by an almighty crash of thunder. A lot less thunder and lightning than the stuff from midnight-2am though.

Posted

But wouldn't you just love to have been under that thing the past hour????

If I was perched on a wind turbine off Great Yarmouth, yes. Sadly the French have stuffed it up as usual. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

Some lovely anvil crawlers from the second round we have had, booming rolling thunder which has lasted for ages as it echoes back to here while moving out to the coast. Got a few captures from video as too tired and jumping between too many windows to relocate camera and tripod - video grab is noisy but a record, anyway. No heavy rain yet, wonder if more will happen?

post-7276-0-76013400-1405745705_thumb.jp

post-7276-0-45941800-1405745725_thumb.jp

post-7276-0-64779200-1405745744_thumb.jp

• Like 6

Posted

Second round? Haven't even had a first round yet. Honestly, I really do despair of ever hearing thunder more than once every 20 minutes. Beyond pathetic.  :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

just had 10 mins of action ,another line now approaching from the south ,looks very hit and miss though ,best of luck to all .i would think once the sun gets to work things could pop up very quickly ,cheers .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

Aye up! Nice bright purple flash and bang shotgun thunder. I liiike it! 2nd one of the session.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

After a dry last hour or so, the rain has started again although no thunder or lightening at this stage.

Posted

Aye up! Nice bright purple flash and bang shotgun thunder. I liiike it! 2nd one of the session.

Second lightning flash? Wow, one more than me then :p  I'm definitely renting a wind turbine in the N Sea, seems the only place which is guaranteed a decent storm at this latitude.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

On radar looks like the one heading northwards over central France has rotation... Anyone can confirm this? Also looks like it's steering westerly which will be good if it hurries up - I have a 6 hour window in this spot!

Round 3 for the SE? :rolleyes:

Posted Imageimage.jpg

Slate grey skies atm, it'll be ideal if the sun got to work.

This ones ours pal - mitts off!
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Wonderfull time lapse Weather :good:

• Like 1

Posted

Thunder and lightning only occasional now with the odd flash and rumble still torrential rain 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

I can't believe it. It looks like a thunderstorm developed overhead back at home and I got zilch but it did rain pretty heavy at one point. My next chance is driving in to one today.

Actually, mum said there was one flash of lightning and a distant rumble of thunder but I didn't see or hear it.

Edited by William Grimsley
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Haven't got time to catch up on the overnight posts but just got back from an all-nighter. I was unable to log onto netweather whilst out and about to update, trying too crashed my tablet but was able to use the Extra radar thankfully.

Started off with a storm near to Kettering that tracked up from the Milton Keynes area during yesterday late evening. Some very nice bright elevated flashes, bolts and overhead IC's with almost constant thunder, although not very loud considering the lightning was right over me. I then headed back west to catch some storms moving to the east of Birmingham, although these lacked the same oomph as the Kettering cell so I left them to intercept and chase a cell near Cannock. I ended up chasing this all the way up into Cheshire and was treated to some fantastic lightning up the M6 before coming to rest and filming the storm depart. I was unable to catch up with it as moving too fast. Finally I drove home through constant rain, but no lightning back into Derby. 

I did contemplate heading south to get the storms in the SW Midlands rather than heading back home but to be honest I was struggling to keep awake and only had about 20 mins left of recording time so decided to call it a night, and a decent night too. Having said that, they weren't the "severe" storms that I had been expecting. From what I could see the only severe storms were in the SE.

Another chance today but this rain needs to clear first. I am going to head off to bed before awakening hopefully to sunshine and hot temperatures ready to spawn more storms today.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

That thunder was very intense, the lightning was right outside my window, made me jump! 

Posted

That thunder was very intense, the lightning was right outside my window, made me jump! 

it's flipping loud

• Like 1

Posted

There is going to be so much cape and li to play with later it can only get better from here onwards surely.