Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

whoever is getting that storm to the sw of here it looks beautiful. I can see the odd really bright flash from it..Believe it or not I am really happy to see that

Glad you are finally seeing something thundery!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

Looking on Blitz it looks as though some new activity is starting up SW and Midlands.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe thunderstorms, strong wind, heavy snow

Kicking off here now! Lovely lightning forks and loud thunder. That was much faster than I though it would hit here.

• Like 3

Posted

Looking on Blitz it looks as though some new activity is starting up SW and Midlands.

Great to see - shows the amount of instability in the atmosphere, even at one of the coolest parts of the day! The lightning seems to have subdued more and coming from the NE now.

Kicking off here now! Lovely lightning forks and loud thunder. That was much faster than I though it would hit here.

It's because it's actually forming just west of you. The same happened to me around 40 minutes ago. It just started lightning pretty close from not much prior.
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Glad you are finally seeing something thundery!

Cheers. Is a long way off but still amazing to watch. How's it going down there????

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

Great to see - shows the amount of instability in the atmosphere, even at one of the coolest parts of the day! The lightning seems to have subdued more and coming from the NE now.It's because it's actually forming just west of you. The same happened to me around 40 minutes ago. It just started lightning pretty close from not much prior.

Yup hope that bodes well for later. :clapping:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe thunderstorms, strong wind, heavy snow

And this is just night time. With all the potential later hopefully we will have much more wide spread storms. I hope these last all night and day. F* sleeping for as long as this lasts. :yahoo:

Edited by Hodr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Just had a decent storm roll through here in Guernsey, had 1 huge cradk of thunder aswell which was a house shaker!

Its still flashing away but to my North now :).

Also had a small storm around 6pm yesteray evening too but nothing much.

Really wish i was back on the IOW for there storms last night :(, anyways i still witnessed a fantastic lightning display :D

Still not a bad couple of days :D

• Like 2

Posted

Best alarm ever woke me at 3:30 since then frequent flashes of lightning and thunder. Rain was torrential for a time too

• Like 1

Posted

Unexpected, freak strikes in Kettering (N Northants), which are temporarily dipping lights and fans. Powerful stuff out there. No mention of any activity on the lightning detector, though--perhaps pings will appear after the next refresh. 

Posted

Amazing how much rain/thunder is moving across the channel. I know one thing for sure at least I should get some rain. I was just watching a few distant flashes to the north west of me.

Posted

OK ------ This next lot has got Wales written all over it - the earlier midnight stuff slid to the east of us in Wales - got a great light show - some booming distantish thunder - but this next lot should be a direct hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Being spoilt here tonight, second cell came up from the East side of Buxton and whamed over the village. Got one CG strike that must have hit a power surge protector as seconds after the strike the entire village went into darkness for 30 seconds. CGs pretty much consistently around 20s or so, big booms aswell.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Cheers. Is a long way off but still amazing to watch. How's it going down there????

Had some heavy drizzle earlier! :laugh:

Posted

What time is sun up?  :D

Edited by Mucka

Posted

That storm, and I say this on behalf of Greater Manchester, was certainly worth the wait!

I shoud have a video up later today.

Glad you got your storm, you waited long enough :)

Posted

Holy mother that felt like it was a direct hit!! Just when you think it has passed through....Bang! Crazy stuff

Posted

Was just thinking of going to bed, but we've just started getting flashes of lightning and rumbles of thunder, along with rain!

• Like 1

Posted

OK ------ This next lot has got Wales written all over it - the earlier midnight stuff slid to the east of us in Wales - got a great light show - some booming distantish thunder - but this next lot should be a direct hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lets just hope it survives.. and intensifies as it is currently doing! ~ Feeling really tired though :S 

Posted

Watching the storm that was over Manchester and the Pennines from my east facing window. Some distant rumbles every now and again

I was spoilt there, the cell that popped up over me has diminished into nothing as it headed north of St Helens.

Back to sleep for me now!

Edited by Darren Bown