Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

Posted

yer it comes - I can see distant lightning and loud rumbles of thunder to the south of me and it's heading this way into Wales!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Storm in Dorset really motoring now...as are those over N France...don't be surprised to see many more cells firing in the near future :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

thats a big old mess to the south of me :O

my son and his mates have travelled to a festival in your area .. I know they have sorted camping at a local campsite for next few nights. Looks they may be getting a bit soggy and catching the odd flash or 2 

Posted

yer it comes - I can see distant lightning and loud rumbles of thunder to the south of me and it's heading this way into Wales!

Grrr, Why can't I see it :'( 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Err have you seen the lightning strikes over the south east?

Yep, as I said Sussex and Kent still got a good show from it before it dissipated, no complaints there.

My original point was that the storm stopped growing as soon as it hit the Channel, there was still plenty of energy in it so the SE got a good storm before it petered out but considering all the heat/CAPE available I was expecting storms to be able to sustain themselves here, so far we've just had a few small pulse cells and a lot of drizzle, nothing explosive so it looks like we're relying on imports. The main import we've had so far couldn't sustain itself so I'm not particularly hopeful for later..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Lets go people. Let the games begin...

Posted

Looking south over towards to the mendips, so in this case the radar returns over Wells, lots of high level CC (I think) classic sheet lighting, in the distance, very deep rumbles, very frequent. Gutted I don't have a suitable video recording device in order to add (maybe something I could work on with the treasurer (other half)) to some cracking (pun intended) videos and photos posted by other members. Wishing everyone who is staying up to either to chase or just to watch out their windows, gets what they are after. :-)

( Maybe I should change my profile name to Mr Bracket)

Edited by smiles
  • Like 1

Posted

Yep, as I said Sussex and Kent still got a good show from it before it dissipated, no complaints there.

My original point was that the storm stopped growing as soon as it hit the Channel, there was still plenty of energy in it so the SE got a good storm before it petered out but considering all the heat/CAPE available I was expecting storms to be able to sustain themselves here, so far we've just had a few small pulse cells and a lot of drizzle, nothing explosive so it looks like we're relying on imports. The main import we've had so far couldn't sustain itself so I'm not particularly hopeful for later..

Ah so you're complaining that you didn't get a storm not that it fizzled out as soon as it hit the channel. Right.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Bournemouth WebCam showing quite a bit of lightning now

.Yes again Bournemouth is the place to watch,but I don't think the lightning is so severe tonight as last night not so many C-Gs.my own opinion.

Posted

Well going to bed windows open in case we get hit over night have fun all you staying up all night and fingers crossed we get some action tomorrow. I'm hopeful :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

holy smokes! ...out of nowhere, overhead fork and blast of shotgun thunder!....here we go!!  :D

• Like 8

Posted

Yep, as I said Sussex and Kent still got a good show from it before it dissipated, no complaints there. My original point was that the storm stopped growing as soon as it hit the Channel, there was still plenty of energy in it so the SE got a good storm before it petered out but considering all the heat/CAPE available I was expecting storms to be able to sustain themselves here, so far we've just had a few small pulse cells and a lot of drizzle, nothing explosive so it looks like we're relying on imports. The main import we've had so far couldn't sustain itself so I'm not particularly hopeful for later..

I'd like to add that not all of the SE got a good storm. 10 mins of quiet thunder and a few flashes in the distance. Still, looking foward to later though, perhaps we will get a surprise like last night?
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Lightning seen to my west!! X

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

This could be our night.Come on storm come to papa.

Hopefully mate! Still knackered from last night, staying up til 2am didn't help work today. But when there's storms involved... well, what choice do we have!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

First flashes over Brum,,,distant rumbles to the South

Posted

Is the lightning detector not picking up many of these strikes? Seeing reports from places where nothing is showing up.

Posted

Tired and depressed, now watch London get the storm of the decade while I'm drifting asleep oblivious to the outside world :wallbash: saturday is looking good which is today) - tonight was a let down. Saturday is set to be the climax I hope it does the hype/expectation justice.

Edited by Daniel*

Posted

.Yes again Bournemouth is the place to watch,but I don't think the lightning is so severe tonight as last night not so many C-Gs.my own opinion.

True. Last night was madness for an hour or so with the various lightning strikes

At present, back in Chesterfield, there are distant flashes looking southwards at the moment

Posted

Thunder and lightning here and heavy rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Well going to bed windows open in case we get hit over night have fun all you staying up all night and fingers crossed we get some action tomorrow. I'm hopeful :-)

Ditto, although I think all I'll get woken up by is some blood sucking mozzie :D

• Like 1