Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

I'm probably about as high up as you can get round here! Might be wrong but looks like a lot of planes circling overhead - trouble landing at east mids??

was thinking the highest place around here would be Alport Heights,which gives 30 mile views to the SW.But with all the tall masts might not be the best place in a thunderstorm!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Kicking off near the north of Gloucester and to the west of Weymouth (my area of interest!), with more cells developing along the coast:

post-17320-0-30377200-1405724264_thumb.p

Edited by Panayiotis
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

post-15513-0-84685400-1405724320_thumb.j

Did Okay from the top of Fobbing Hill tonight :D

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

I'm not hopeful for East Anglia tonight, and really hoping that the capping Nick F has mentioned in his forecast for Saturday will be broken. Still, another day of summer is not to be sneezed at (unless you have galloping hay fever :D )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I popsted this in the regional thread but thought others may be interested. If not then mods please remove ...Never thought I would see this in the UK. Very happy.(Yes I know it wasn't a wall cloud.... just got a little excited !!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3uYKGPKkEg
Mate, so pleased you got this epic beast on video!!! Will live with me until the end of my days tonight (and last night :D) Edited by Harry
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Eh?!

It went from a fully fledged MCS to moderate thundery rain in the space of an hour, Sussex and Kent still got a good TS out of it but as soon as it hit the Channel it started to lose its intensity and by the time its reached Essex its nothing more than light rain

Posted

Bournemouth WebCam showing quite a bit of lightning now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Many

David Cameron has criticised several strikes occurring over Southern England tonight, and widespread unprecedented strikes expected nationwide on Saturday, as being disruptive.  He blamed these strikes on a sudden uncontrolled surge of immigration from France.  He was, however, full of praise for North West England saying that they hadn't had a good strike since the 80s.

Jean-Claude Juncker was not available for comment, and was last seen headed speedily for Rouen with his SLR.

Edited by Chris W
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

Mate, so pleased you got this epic beast on video!!! Will live with me until the end of my days tonight (and last night :D)

When the gust front started moving in it was like a scene from an apocalypse movie. Parents grabbing kids and running up the beach !  Awesome !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

Some of the captures I have managed to get this evening - didn't see much structure at all unfortunately as it was dark really by the time anything reached here. First pic is heavily processed to show mammatus which I saw in the last bits of light as I was driving. Camera and photo program enhanced it. Undulatus type instability before the lightning came, couldn't reproduce adequately in camera because of the light but could see it with the naked eye. Then the lightning started to build, although sporadic, not much thunder and it wasn't close by either. Some great CG and anvil crawlers in the yellow orange sky (orange really from the neighbouring towns). Here are some captures (sorry for any dead pixels, haven't edited all out yet). Quite pleased with what I achieved before the storm fizzled as per usual here... sorry if pics a little dark, don't get much opportunity to practice anymore! :)

post-7276-0-34120500-1405724550_thumb.jp

post-7276-0-49299400-1405724557_thumb.jp

post-7276-0-06218200-1405724564_thumb.jp

post-7276-0-68019000-1405724584_thumb.jp

post-7276-0-72737200-1405724598_thumb.jp

• Like 7

Posted

It went from a fully fledged MCS to moderate thundery rain in the space of an hour, Sussex and Kent still got a good TS out of it but as soon as it hit the Channel it started to lose its intensity and by the time its reached Essex its nothing more than light rain

Err have you seen the lightning strikes over the south east?

• Like 1

Posted

Lol it was pretty lively in my part of Essex for a good 2 hours!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Nice little cell developing to the South of Brum.......Come on :clapping:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Radar has started to get very messy with a lot of drizzle and small April shower type storms building, nothing too interesting at the moment and with CAPE disappearing fast I'd imagine we're relying on imports now for anything special. Still impressive storms over France but the first MCS decayed quickly once it hit the water so I'm not too hopeful. Gladly be proven wrong of course!

Surface CAPE disappearing yes...not MLCAPE/MUCAPE which on last reckoning was off the scale! Last nights SE activity was home grown and was AWESOME! It's not all about imports

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Just got in from work, and trying to catch up. It looks as if the activity is moving NE, am I safe to go to bed, for now. Very sticky 20c here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Yeah, wouldn't have said that MCS died until at least an hour ago, it was pretty vivid here!

Also, looking at what's developing now to the south/south west, it's pretty similar in direction to how last night's bonus storms happened..... just being a little hopeful & not putting the camera away just yet.....