Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Been at Farnborough today, wow was it hot sat near the runway all day!

The storms we had last night were awesome, probably the best I've ever seen and they were not really forecast. I'm hoping something kicks off again tonight, need to clear this air!

Might have to stay up for a while and see what develops, Rambo First Blood is on so a beer could be in order too ........ :-)

Usually the way, the unforecasted weather is always better haha. Now, I'd just like to see one teensy little flash of lightning at night, haven't seen any for about 10yrs :(

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

do you get wife flack as well !!...

Wife flack, net weather flack, in-laws flack, flack at work (and I'm only a sole trader...lol) even the voices inside my head give me flack!  :crazy:

anyway, that's enough verbal diarrhea from me...back to the storms!  :)

Edited by ajpoolshark
  • Like 2

Posted

Cool, literally live near the Morrisons at the end of Broadway. Hoping for something tonight or tomorrow, Manchester's really missed out so far this year.

We really have. Hopefully a big shift North tonight and tomorrow. Some of the lightning pictures are brilliant.

Posted
Not sure where you are mate, but wonder if we will be able to see any distant lighting up of the skies by looking towards J29/Mansfield way from here in the next hour?[/quotel].I would say another hour or two before any action

around here.The nearest lightning is around south Leicestershire at the moment according to the latest radar.I 'm based 5 miles north of Derby facing Sw but no activity as yet.

We are in a dip, but can easily view towards Junction 29 of the M1

This present activity will, IF still active that is, at a guess, pass up to the east of Nottingham and then well east of Mansfield

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Posted

We'll I'm sitting in my kitchen, been reading this forum all afternoon and evening and looking at the lightning detector constantly! My weather station predicts rain, temp has dropped from 23c a hour or so ago and it's now 19.4c, but humidity rising steadily and currently 62%. Please can someone tell me, what are the chances of a thunderstorm in Wrexham!? I can't cope with the anticipation lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Weymouth cell is getting going now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

where you looking mate,I'm in Denby and have seen nothing as yet!!

i'm stuck down in the valley between Kilburn and Holbrook.Where in Belper are you.I'm not jealous at all,honest!!.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Strike reported north-east of Gloucester.

• Like 1

Posted

i'm stuck down in the valley between Kilburn and Holbrook.Where in Belper are you.I'm not jealous at all,honest!!.I

I'm probably about as high up as you can get round here!

Might be wrong but looks like a lot of planes circling overhead - trouble landing at east mids??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Radar has started to get very messy with a lot of drizzle and small April shower type storms building, nothing too interesting at the moment and with CAPE disappearing fast I'd imagine we're relying on imports now for anything special. Still impressive storms over France but the first MCS decayed quickly once it hit the water so I'm not too hopeful. Gladly be proven wrong of course!

Posted

Quite a bit of lightning on the Live Dawlish Cam. Assuming facing towards the West Bay and Weymouth activity

http://www.dawlishbeach.com/live/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=18&zenid=732991f9859202b9336d89dce5066127

Edited by OddSpot

Posted

Radar has started to get very messy with a lot of drizzle and small April shower type storms building, nothing too interesting at the moment and with CAPE disappearing fast I'd imagine we're relying on imports now for anything special. Still impressive storms over France but the first MCS decayed quickly once it hit the water so I'm not too hopeful. Gladly be proven wrong of course!

Eh?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey days
TN26, on 18 Jul 2014 - 23:43, said:

I popsted this in the regional thread but thought  others may be interested. If not then mods please remove ...

Never thought I would see this in the UK. Very happy.(Yes I know it wasn't a wall cloud.... just got a little excited !!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3uYKGPKkEg

Fantastic footage!

• Like 1

Posted

A strike has spotted of the coast of Isle Of Wight.