Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Wow. I have just spent the last 5+ hours of my Friday night staring at this forum and the lightning detector. What am I doing with my life? Hahaha :laugh:

lol....I've been signed in permanently since August 2005......life? what life?  :crazy:

• Like 5

Posted

Just seen a few distant flashes looking south east of here.

Time to move up stairs for a window watch

Could really do with a power nap before the supposed main event arrives in the early hours

Posted

things really starting to get their act together now . some nice developments over the whole of northern france . if they drift north as expected the whole of the south coast is in for some fun in the night :)

Posted

Not too much has happened in the last twenty minutes, except for a strike near Portsmouth and a few more strikes in the Northampton storms.

I'm just up the road from you in New Moston. Waiting and hoping that the trigger will bang here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers
Not sure where you are mate, but wonder if we will be able to see any distant lighting up of the skies by looking towards J29/Mansfield way from here in the next hour?[/quotel].I would say another hour or two before any action

around here.The nearest lightning is around south Leicestershire at the moment according to the latest radar.I 'm based 5 miles north of Derby facing Sw but no activity as yet.

Posted

Looks like something brewing south of me towards south shropshire. Fingers and toes crossed. Saw some lightning last night at seaton Devon but now home in shrewsbury so want a big one please. Enjoy but stay safe x

Posted

things really starting to get their act together now . some nice developments over the whole of northern france . if they drift north as expected the whole of the south coast is in for some fun in the night :)

Do you know what kind of times :)

I guess it's worth it when we are having one of the most severe plumes for quite some time. I've decided... I'm pulling an all-nighter tonight. :)

Same here, or atleast I'll try to. I'll give you some company. :p

I don't think I'm in a bad spot, the NMM has been showing inches upon inches of rain for here, up until the last run atleast. Models aren't really that important now though, all to play for, for almost everyone in the south tonight, and the north tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Not a bad evening, some luverly Cgs over Kentishire this evening and a Shelf To Die For although picturing it was a bugger in the fading light.

Posted Image052.JPG

Posted Image046.JPG

Paul, awesome!

What ISO setting do you use?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I guess it's worth it when we are having one of the most severe plumes for quite some time. I've decided... I'm pulling an all-nighter tonight. :)

it's just so damn addictive on here.....I just can't help it, even when I know I should be doing other things like eating, drinking, sleeping, getting washed, getting a change of clothes, interacting with the kids, talking to the wife........hang on, talking to the wife?...behave AJ  :laugh:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Showers forming in the South of England which are pushing Northwards, but only one strike has been recorded within these showers.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!

Been at Farnborough today, wow was it hot sat near the runway all day!

The storms we had last night were awesome, probably the best I've ever seen and they were not really forecast. I'm hoping something kicks off again tonight, need to clear this air!

Might have to stay up for a while and see what develops, Rambo First Blood is on so a beer could be in order too ........ :-)

• Like 1

Posted

I would say another hour or two before any actionaround here.The nearest lightning is around south Leicestershire at the moment according to the latest radar.I 'm based 5 miles north of Derby facing Sw but no activity as yet.

You can see it from high up here in Belper ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Just seen a few distant flashes looking south east of here.

where you looking mate,I'm in Denby and have seen nothing as yet!!

Posted

where you looking mate,I'm in Denby and have seen nothing as yet!!

Top of Crich Lane mate - pretty high up here! Looking towards the south east.

Edited by jimi86

Posted

Do you know what kind of times :)

I am not an expert but have been a member of this site for 11 years ( Don't post much these days ) . I would say between 3am - 5am the main storm activity will hit the south coast ( france imported not the home grown stuff we are seeing now ) That's my estimate looking at speed storm is travelling in mileage :)

Posted

There are bright flashes of lightning in the distance, which are quite regular, but so far seem to be just sheet lightning and there is no thunder at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

These storms over France have Brighton in their sights looking at the upper wind direction, so will be very interesting indeed over the next few hours for you guys...

Posted Image

Posted

I'd hope she doesn't see that! :rofl:

Same goes for me though. I signed up in January and I have always had Netweather in a tab, along with YouTube and Twitter so I can jump between them.

So do I mate, so do I...lol......I've been told off enough for one day already!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

New lightning strikes off of the Dorset coast

Posted

Showers forming in the South of England which are pushing Northwards, but only one strike has been recorded within these showers.

Look to be getting more intense PPN wise the more they move inland, another hour and things should pop

Posted

strike detected near Weymouth....here we go!

• Like 2