Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

Posted

Nice place Rouen. Last time I was there was foggy and -5c. Suspect a bit different today..

Yes. :D 33°C today and now this huge beast.

Rouen will may be not concerned by the most violent storm, the two cells are splitting in different directions.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Contrary to what normally happens, lightningmaps would suggest stuff is actually building over the channel :shok:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Storms around Bordeaux too, they could be heading our way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

And another one - http://www.viewsurf.com/univers/trafic/vue/3242-france-haute-normandie-beuzeville-a13-peage-de-beuzeville-pres-de-la-bifurcation-vers-le-havre-vue-orientee-vers-le-havre

Eastbourne looks like it may be the place to be for some cracking views.

Edited by dvdfjojo

Posted

could be some storms ready to hit Plymouth very shortly. They are growing out of France.. and surviving! Question is, will they feed off our Southern coast ? :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Contrary to what normally happens, lightningmaps would suggest stuff is actually building over the channel :shok:

Yes it is, im very surprised, I wonder if it will reach the UK...?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and stormy.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Big downgrade on the latest  nmm for tomorrow. Cape much lower than today's except east coastal regions of East Anglia and the South east. Of course this doesn't mean anything will happen cape today is a much much better and nothing happening. I fancy the South east to get the action tomorrow southern England later tonight dying away as it moves north. Thundery rain.

Posted

I know it's a bit early to ask, but is anyone pulling an all-nighter, tonight?

A bit early to say, but very probably. It depends what the activity is like by midnight.

• Like 1

Posted

I was looking at raintoday at 4pm and I havent a clue and even I could tell the storms were going to go up the channel towards Kent....unless Iv missed something?

Edited to add...ok maybe I have missed the point as there are more storms building so I answered my own question :-)

Edited by sherrie

Posted

Big downgrade on the latest  nmm for tomorrow. Cape much lower than today's except east coastal regions of East Anglia and the South east. Of course this doesn't mean anything will happen cape today is a much much better and nothing happening. I fancy the South east to get the action tomorrow southern England later tonight dying away as it moves north. Thundery rain.

Wouldn't worry about that, ~ Looks like next week is going to be very hot, muggy and stormy to! 

Posted

Yes. :D 33°C today and now this huge beast. Rouen will may be not concerned by the most violent storm, the two cells are splitting in different directions.

Maybe but I thought the same last night here and somewhere between 2 pints of Stella and a bottle of cobra it went crazy.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

Ahhhhh damn. Just got back from a boiling drive into town and reloaded net-weather radar and strikestarEU.com 

Those French monsters look like supercells and this has all the hallmarks of a Kent Clipper!!!You lucky s*ds in Margate!!!!

Edited by UKSupercell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and stormy.

I know it's a bit early to ask, but is anyone pulling an all-nighter, tonight?

If its worth it, ill be out all night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and ice. The usual.

Camping on IOW for a while, almost constant thunder distant heard from the channel stuff but not expecting much based on direction of movement.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Just checked my weather station - at 1.57am the rainfall was recorded at 202.2mm/hr. That's a quite a lot!

I currently live in Ashford, Kent.

Very closely watching the developments in France. Will be re-positioning myself to the hills above the channel tunnel in Folkestone soon with my D90, 3 fully charged battieries, 2 memory cards and tripod. Fingers crossed it continues heading this way :)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Really?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Doesn't look that bad to me.

This model is still showing widespread highs of 29C over East Anglia tomorrow so maybe a 30 or 31C is possible in any decent spells of sunshine. 
If the French storm makes it here, I might have to drive to the cliffs at Leigh on sea, should get a great view to the south from there.
Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

The storms moving across the channel at the moment have weakened a little, lightning strikes are certainly less frequent. However as they begin to make landfall somewhere across South-Eastern England they should begin to gain intensity thanks to Diurnal Heating through today and a small area of strong-ish PVA

post-7073-0-96257900-1405706066_thumb.gi

PVA exploded across the channel on the 9PM chart which should help storms keep their intensity as they cross the channel in a few hours time.

post-7073-0-50125000-1405706067_thumb.gi

10/11PM onwards is when the real fun should start for us as the trough currently creating the storms across France moves further Northwards. The stuff crossing the channel now is just a bit of a bonus if it does manage to get here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

I kid you not, last night here in Mile Oak our flat got hit by lightning. 

I was standing on the balcony when it happened and the noise and blinding light was not funny I can tell you. 

I love storms as much as everyone on here, but I have a new respect for them now, I was absolutely terrified.

No joke, I was a mere 10 meters away from the strike, as close as I ever want to get to lightning. 

Out TV has broken, we have no phone line working and my partners ''Sleep Achnea'' machine broke too. 

I'll never forget last night and it's looking like another storm is incoming !!

I only wish I had video'd it, because it was beyond description. 

• Like 4