Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

Posted

What an absolutely horrible day. Unbelievably hot and humid, just nothing in the air. Already had a few rumbles about 20 minutes back. Had a couple in the night, luckily didn't get smashed like most people close by in the night. Incredibly that was just the stuff that wasn't hardly forecast too, it'll just be the starter for the main course and dessert that's to come over Friday/Saturday  :wallbash:

Posted

well after a bit of sunshine, things now very cloudy again, just not getting the energy or humidity, the storms will just die before they get here

Edited by sparky1972

Posted

Any one have any good high spots in the east midlands to watch these storms? I was thinking Breedon on the Hill church but I dont know if that is too exposed to go and watch thunderstorms from?

Posted

25c already and clouds extremely convective... Low level clouds drifting south upper level drifting north....somethings going to go bang soon...quite humid too...

Posted

If last night taught us anything, it's that several days of stressing about model outcomes is a complete waste of time and energy. 

Didn't get a direct hit here but I did enjoy several hours of spectacular lightning in the distance. It wasn't in any of the forecasts. 

• Like 2

Posted

From Estofex: "CAPE locally exceeding 4000 J/kg in northern France according to both models" :bomb:

• Like 4

Posted

local met office forecast for my postcode is sunny and 31c at this rate we will be lucky to hit 21c, so cloudy and brezzy, and getting darker, and now raining again.

Edited by sparky1972

Posted

Chin up sparky we already have thunder and lightning here in market deeping accompanied by that light rain. Incredibly humid feel.

Posted

This has surprised me. I expected a few light showers followed by hot sunshine, currently I have lightning and thunder. The knock on effect is I doubt we shall reach the predicted temps unless these storms pass through quickly.

I think this is our 7th or 8th storm this summer. Can any other Peterborough members confirm the number?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Thunder to the east of Derby with very threatening skies.Its a battle between the showers and sun at the moment with the showers winning.Feeling very muggy as well.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Normal Thundery weather. Odd light shower and drizzle cool and cloudy at the moment. Sheffield Shield in full hyper drive shredding mode. Storms about but fizzling out as soon as they approach us.

Posted

Thunder to the east of Derby with very threatening skies.Its a battle between the showers and sun at the moment with the showers winning.Feeling very muggy as well.

We both need something to flare up S of us for a good and unexpected direct hit :D

Posted

Chin up sparky we already have thunder and lightning here in market deeping accompanied by that light rain. Incredibly humid feel.

have packed the tripod and camera away, rain getting heavier, still a fresh feel to things outside today, looking out peterborough way things do look alot darker, i might be able to hear the thunder Teits has got.

well this has killed the heat and humidity, heavy rain, no thunder, no lightening, no sunshine, all things needed to aid the storms.

Edited by sparky1972

Posted

Altocumulus has erupted from clear skies here in the last 20 minutes. Maybe that finger of high pressure isn't as strong as forecast. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Wow, Looking at the Sat24 today, Looks like zero chance for sunshine around here today.

I hope something pops up later down south.

Last nights storm was something else.

Flashes every 5 to 6 seconds. Constant rumbling. 1 in 10 was CG strikes however most was IC.

• Like 1

Posted

The weather is just so cruel at times  :diablo:

Those lucky sods in the south who saw some brilliant lightning displays last night should get an even bigger/more dramatcic serving tonight, before round 3 comes up saturday afternoon/evening!!!

While us in the north are left to fight for scraps. I'm half tempted to drive down to the south and book a hotel so I don't miss out lol.

• Like 1

Posted

The weather is just so cruel at times  :diablo:

Those lucky sods in the south who saw some brilliant lightning displays last night should get an even bigger/more dramatcic serving tonight, before round 3 comes up saturday afternoon/evening!!!

While us in the north are left to fight for scraps. I'm half tempted to drive down to the south and book a hotel so I don't miss out lol.

True - weather is absolute pap here at the moment.  Cool breezy and grey

Posted

How highly rated is the EURO4 model is it the best model to use for forecasting tricky situations like tonight,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

GFS 06z is tastey. Must get some lightning shots with the SLR but its so convenient shooting video from your phone and capturing stills!

What a great period this is!

Posted

Looks like we peaked 24hrs early! Great storms last night. Latest GFS doesnt look that great for tonight now. Maybe tommorow afternoon will be the main event?

Posted

Woken up around 3.00am with a massive strike, just managed to get a couple of shots before it died out. Been rumbling on for most of the morning here. Looking forward to the main event later!

Posted Image

WOW!

Lets see the other shot. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Rumble of thunder here.

Posted

True - weather is absolute pap here at the moment.  Cool breezy and grey

Thankfully we have a bit of sunshine here poking through, but hard to see anything develop with all this crappy cloud around.

I suppose our threat of big storms has and always will come down to home grown ones, the sort where there is little wind and they develop slap bang over you.