Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Cyclonic you been out Wrecking Sandown again....

Gawd, ive been caught..runss lol

But crickey that was an insane 5 minutes of intense winds and lightning with debris going everywhere, lots of damage reports coming in across the island too

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Still/Hot or extremes. Fog/Damp etc boring...

IOW had better survive till Sat !! I'm out on the water around there then lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Incredible lightning on that IOW cam

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Hopefully before the night runs out....after watching all the ecxellent costal webcams, it will be good to treat Brumcam to a few night  flashes :good:

If it holds its intensity and movement then I predict SW Birmingham should get this around half 2, perfect for some night time lightning. Derby would probably see it around dawn time but the charts do show it dying before it gets here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Watching all them crawlers and CGs on the Cowes webcam, whilst watching the live lightning detector is making my heart race. This is it now, the initial plume beginning to fully destabilise and swing into action. Have fun everyone but primarily, please take care! Just watching these storms now is actually scary, and its only 1am... Please, please take extra care everybody!

Edited by Convective
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Don't feel left out we all know your webcam is the best lol

pressures on now :laugh: audio is on btw Edited by Arnie Pie
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Thunder and lightning started here about 5 mins ago. Still a fair way off though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Come on....is it seriously dying down close to Bristol yet again....can see flashes far to the East so looks like another near miss :(

Posted

Can see flashes and hear thunder here in Burgess Hill

Posted

Whilst I realise it will pass me, the fork lighting in the distance is still a real treat. ☺ï¸

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

That Portsmouth storm looked quite insane! Funny how the areas at less of a risk are seeing the best action. Just shows how hard it is to predict these storms. Looks like a complete non event for Ireland etc now. 

At least they know how we feel about Belgium and France 95% of the time!

I don't mind missing a few storms, come to think of it the UK has infact ten times more the amount of Thunderstorms that Ireland ever receives per year lol nothing new, now if you take a look at the radar you can see the left section of the trough has not yet hit the east coast of Ireland, so I'm thinking coastal storms :).

I had a good run two nights ago forecasting a Typhoon over the Philippines (Typhoon Glenda), what a day and night, and to tell you the truth the speed to how a storm can change is rather surprising, even people here now enjoying tonight are surprised by tonights event, but I would have to say it seems the norm to me lol.

Enjoy the night everyone, be safe.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Lightning must have caused a problem somewhere, my broadbean is down. That doesn't happen too often!

Ps: The wind is very gusty now, reminds me a little bit of Winter.

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted

Anyone got an explanation for why we're seeing these thunderstorms so far east? Is it just a case of the unpredictability of plume events? 

im in stevo i cant see them

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

I can see the lightning over the Nailsworth area, clearly, here all the way in Cardiff! Bright CC yellow flashes.... seagulls here have just began screaming and going crazy!I Is this a good sign for the hours that follow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and ice. The usual.

Well, peak intensity has passed here now, although still flashing, I can see stars.

Have to say, after a long wait for a true storm in my neck of the woods for many years, that was one of the best i've seen for a long time in these relatively storm-starved areas.

Highlight was being momentarily blinded by a huge very local bolt of pink coloured CG, followed by a deafening clap of thunder and a fit of the giggles - who said adults can't get excited by the weather? :D

To those in the line of fire, enjoy. :)

• Like 3

Posted

That was amazing best thunder and lightning since this time last year 23rd july 2013

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Still/Hot or extremes. Fog/Damp etc boring...

haha fair play. Now heading NE as predicted... Interesting that a cell has arrived at Brighton too. Infact sod it.. I'm going for a drive :)

• Like 3

Posted

im in stevo i cant see them

Not here quite yet, was in reference to the recent lightning over surrey south west london. I reckon it won't be long before we'll see flickers to the south http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime?lang=de check out this lightning detector 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

I don't mind missing a few storms, come to think of it the UK has infact ten times more the amount of Thunderstorms that Ireland ever receives per year lol nothing new, now if you take a look at the radar you can see the left section of the trough has not yet hit the east coast of Ireland, so I'm thinking coastal storms :).

I had a good run two nights ago forecasting a Typhoon over the Philippines (Typhoon Glenda), what a day and night, and to tell you the truth the speed to how a storm can change is rather surprising, even people here now enjoying tonight are surprised by tonights event, but I would have to say it seems the norm to me lol.

Enjoy the night everyone, be safe.

Hopefully youll get some later on :):good:

Posted

Wow just wow not sure how it was down the west way but there is cgs going off everywhere here crazy stuff just awaiting the wind an rain now lol

Didn't expect this an got tomorrow night yet :p

Edited by ryan93

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: all weather

Just got back from one of my favourite spots for watching lighting, and managed to capture a few bolts ! Will post them asap probably after work. Got to say that I have just had one of the best storms I've seen in a long time.Good luck to everyone tonight and into the weekend TM1981

I think I've just witnessed the same 1 driving back from Blandford to Poole. it was the best storm I've seen in my life. who need to be Oklahoma haha