Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

Posted

i do find these threads weird congratulating people for having a few bits of thunder and heavy rain?

i love all sorts of weather but i'd love to know why people like storms in summer and don't like snow in winter?

it seems a bit odd.

each to their own though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

Gawd Blimey.. nothing showing on the live lightning map (so not all strikes are showing)

I've got cloud to ground strikes to my south

It's happening folks

• Like 2

Posted

I hope we see something tonight at least then the SE can have their lightshow tomorrow night.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Being in Exeter I caught a glimpse of a very small thunderstorm which had passed Exmouth, I have 4 pictures which I will upload now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

Likely to change but the skew-t for Norfolk at 18.00 on Saturday looks good and showing potential of an elevated nature.

Cape 1200j/kg and -6li. Nice to see even though there is a chance of a downgrade before the event.

post-7331-0-42233100-1405631417_thumb.pn

Edited by Greenday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

i do find these threads weird congratulating people for having a few bits of thunder and heavy rain?

i love all sorts of weather but i'd love to know why people like storms in summer and don't like snow in winter?

it seems a bit odd.

I like thunder and snow any time of the year but especially both together!

• Like 2

Posted

Firstly, this is a STORM discussion thread where like minded enthusiasts share their knowledge, current reports, and general love for thunderstorms...

Secondly, there's very few, if any, of those on Netweather who you can categorize in your second sentence, as the majority go nuts for storms in summer, and positively go weak at the knees for the prospect of snow in winter

and i would like to know why people find storms so fascinating.  surely the right place to ask?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Thundery or Cold & Snowy

The channel has exploded into life in the last couple of radar scans, looks very rapid. Could be an interesting night along the south coast

• Like 1

Posted

Who is this William haha just kidding, watch his location get smashed by Supercells and the odd megacell :o (that last bit was a joke) some potent cells moving northwards across the channel. Land's End has been blitzed whoever is fortunate to live in the far SW must be getting a spectacle. Albeit there may be localized flooding, if them rash of cells persist at that potency. High rainfall totals.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Ok guys, so is it likely that any more storms will be witnessed in exeter?

Not too sure right, now but we'll see how everything develops.

Posted

Ok guys, so is it likely that any more storms will be witnessed in exeter?

I think , looking at the radar, we have had our fun for the evening. Further East along the coast looks promisingNice photos Ben Sainsbury :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

and i would like to know why people find storms so fascinating.  surely the right place to ask?

yes it's the right place to ask, but possibly due to the busy period we're into, the wrong time, as most folk are probably glued to radar or sky watching right now.....might be an idea to start your own thread on this  :good:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

it seems a bit odd.

You're a little misguided in your analyses, most people here do in fact enjoy winter storms and snow. The event we are awaiting is a summer phenomenon which is likely to bring Thunder and Lightning plus potentially a lot of rain. Skip forward to February and we will probably all be here. Can't really be chasing snow storms in July can we?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Are the cells in Morecambe Bay anaprop or real? They seem to have popped up in the last few frames on the radar and seem more substantial than anything else N of the Channel.

Edit: rewinding it seems to be anaprop.

Edited by Muffelchen

Posted

Here are the pictures thoroughly enjoyed the 10 minute spell of thunder an lightning!

Nothing special but just a few piccy's, taken by my IPhone too.

Posted Imageimage.jpgPosted Imageimage.jpgPosted Imageimage.jpgPosted Imageimage.jpg

What app did you have to take them pics trying to find a good one for my I phone

Posted

Lightning reported offshore County Cork

Hopefully I'll see some of this before It dies

Edited by pad199207

Posted

Who is this William haha just kidding, watch his location get smashed by Supercells and the odd megacell :o (that last bit was a joke) some potent cells moving northwards across the channel. Land's End has been blitzed whoever is fortunate to live in the far SW must be getting a spectacle. Albeit there may be localized flooding, if them rash of cells persist at that potency. High rainfall totals.

Not sure that is correct as there hasn't been much rain here and a lot of this lightning is from medium level instability.