Posted Image
Sat 19/07Storm Risk 87%
Posted Image
Sun 20/07

Storm Risk 52%

BR4 9DZ  NICE!!

• Like 1

Posted

Just noticed that last nights Euro4 is now predicting 32C with my location being the hot spot!

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/euro4/2014/07/16/basis18/ukuk/tmax/14071818_1618.gif

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe thunderstorms, strong wind, heavy snow

There's much potential yeah but I am still pessimistic. Maybe we'll have a few rumbles on Saturday. Albeit in the distance as per usual for this area.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

There could be some thunderstorm action here tonight but the BBC think further W towards Cornwall.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

There could be some thunderstorm action here tonight but the BBC think further W towards Cornwall.

BBC does seem to be quite west, ESTOFEX don't seem to be as far west issuing their level 2 in the Bay of Biscay. I don''t expect everything to be as far west as it is, but we'll see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, good visibility, unstable and stormy!

I'm looking forward to saturday! Hopefully my first time photographing lightning with some flying on sunday!What lens to choose for thunder hmm, 18 - 55mm or 75 - 300mm hmmm choices ha ha!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe thunderstorms, strong wind, heavy snow

I wish the best of luck to all of you all over the Country. It's looking juicy in vast areas of England, Wales and Scotland for some big thunder storms late Friday Night and in to Saturaday. All through Saturday too. Please though, if you have a camera record it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Norwich - 0% storm risk Friday, 80% on Saturday and 63% on Sunday. Just need the possible MCS not to screw things up  :nonono:

Posted

Morning everyone, well it looks like the potential for some decent storms is still there, looking forward to at least 1 good one over the next 2/3 days, i am making sure the camera is primed and ready and i will fire up the Lincolnshire storm magnet. stay safe everyone, this could go with a bang.

• Like 1

Posted

BBC does seem to be quite west, ESTOFEX don't seem to be as far west issuing their level 2 in the Bay of Biscay. I don''t expect everything to be as far west as it is, but we'll see.

Estofex looks extremely encouraging. A level 2 just to the S of me, this could be a crap night or one of the best nights ever.

Posted

When I see a altocumulus castellanus cloud line then I'll get excited, only saw a tiny bit last night.

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

What a great start to the day! Lots of exciting developments and good news about prospects for the next few days. Hope everyone gets a good share of the thunder cake too.

Just remember to be safe if you're out and about - it's very easy to worry about the lightning or the hail and forget that there are gonna be strong winds too! So watch out for dangerous gusts and stuf blowing off of other stuff.

Posted

Morning everyone, well it looks like the potential for some decent storms is still there, looking forward to at least 1 good one over the next 2/3 days, i am making sure the camera is primed and ready and i will fire up the Lincolnshire storm magnet. stay safe everyone, this could go with a bang.

Watch us in lincolnshire be the only ones without a storm much to everyone's amusement :-)
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair Weather, Snow, Thunderstorms

Might be a Cornwall Clipper tonight rather than Kent Clipper :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Just noticed that last nights Euro4 is now predicting 32C with my location being the hot spot! http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/euro4/2014/07/16/basis18/ukuk/tmax/14071818_1618.gif

Ever remember our classic storms of the 90's! This looks like it will be a trip down memory lane. Have not seen the steering upper winds this directly south since like a decade ago! This is what's been responsible for sending the huge French monsters into holland etc, not now! :p

Posted

Watch us in lincolnshire be the only ones without a storm much to everyone's amusement :-)

i am sure that would amuse a few peeps as lincs has come in for a bit of stick regarding the ammount of storms we have had so far this year,im starting to get withdrawl symptons, last thunder we had here was Saturday afternoon, all good fun though and lets hope everyone gets to see at least 1 good storm, and this is making up for the first snowless winter we had here since i moved to Lincs 12 years ago

• Like 1

Posted

Carol on an earlier forecast, didn't say "humdingers", but provided some amazeballs insight, apparently some of the thunderstorms will be "thundery"

• Like 4

Posted

Carol on an earlier forecast, didn't say "humdingers", but provided some amazeballs insight, apparently some of the thunderstorms will be "thundery"

lol whatever next, wet rain???  :laugh:

Bish

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

The met office are still going for Thunderstorms the only thing solve still is where they will hit as some will inevitable miss them

Friday:

Scattered heavy showers continuing to spread northwards over Scotland and Northern Ireland. Mainly dry, very warm and humid elsewhere, hot in the south. Further thunderstorms possible in the south later.

Outlook for Saturday to Monday:

Frequent thundery showers likely to spread northwards on Saturday, with torrential downpours in places. Further showers on Sunday, less widespread than Saturday. Showers easing through Monday. Very warm and humid.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Is it really a Spanish Plume though - it seems more a homegrown event on Friday into Saturday with similar taking place over the near continent also.??

Posted

Who's going out chasing all night then, who's going to sleep after work, waking up midnight lol...

I am in Central London all day after no sleep night before....Saturday

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Is it really a Spanish Plume though - it seems more a homegrown event on Friday into Saturday with similar taking place over the near continent also.??

A Spanish plume is not defined by importing storms...it's simply the origin of air from over the Spanish plateau but which happens to be often very unstable and conducive to thunderstorms. Furthermore, home grown storms from a Spanish plume are in my experience just as awesome, if not better as far more likely to be surface basedI would caveat this however by saying a mature night time MCS, especially one that's surface based, does take some serious beating (especially if you like trying to capture lightning shots like me :D) Edited by Harry
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Looks like something interesting will approach here around midnight. It's gonna be a late one!!

• Like 1