Sign in to follow this  
mike Meehan

The Americans Making their Rules to Suit Themselves.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/us-not-playing-fair-trade-093349003.html

I have long suspected this to be the case especially when you consider that back in circa 2007 the Americans were selling on 'Toxic Debts' from their dubious mortgage systems, which I personally consider to be fraudulent, and these kick started the economic crisis of that time - as far as I know there was not any action taken against their own banks and financial institutions, though some did go 'bust'.

Yet when outside banks are bending the rules they end up with swinging fines which I expect that if they wished to continue trading in the US they have no choice but to pay it up.

Is that the Americans have one rule for themselves and another for everybody else?

Of course the US lives by it's own rules, it's by far the richest and most powerful nation in the world. We did the same thing before the empire fell.

Of course the US lives by it's own rules, it's by far the richest and most powerful nation in the world.

Not for much longer

Not for much longer

Technically, sure. But militarily China and India are nowhere near it. And even then, there's little way to enforce rules on America.

Technically, sure. But militarily China and India are nowhere near it. And even then, there's little way to enforce rules on America.

Is that where a large debtor has more clout that a large creditor i.e. they have the power to have you by the short and curlies if they renege on the debt.

Is that where a large debtor has more clout that a large creditor i.e. they have the power to have you by the short and curlies if they renege on the debt.

Pretty much. China can dump US debt and screw them but in doing so they'd at the very least suffer a massive loss in exports and realistically, it would mean war.That said there's no evidence China wants to screw the US anyway, its quite happy to play the capitalist game.Now Russia I don't trust but their unimportant.

Pretty much. China can dump US debt and screw them but in doing so they'd at the very least suffer a massive loss in exports and realistically, it would mean war.That said there's no evidence China wants to screw the US anyway, its quite happy to play the capitalist game.Now Russia I don't trust but their unimportant.

True, China basically owns America but can't afford to call in its debts just yet. In a nutshell china buys US debts because it needs to continue producing goods to fuel its own economy. America is on borrowed time as no1 

But the key to future growth of China, and the world, is not necessarily about money but mineral production. Just one example is coal (could easily be copper).

In 2013 China and India together imported million 364 metric tons, twice as much as the imports of Japan in 2010 when Japan was still biggest importer worldwide. Only 10 years ago China was exporting 70 million metric tons.

Could explain the huge investment in solar power in those two countries.

Edited by knocker

True, China basically owns America but can't afford to call in its debts just yet. In a nutshell china buys US debts because it needs to continue producing goods to fuel its own economy. America is on borrowed time as no1

not strictly true us owned assets globally far exceed those of china or Japan or any other nation