Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm and convective discussion 7th July Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Rain has done nothing to cool things off. Like a ruddy furnace even with windows open

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

does look good , like the UFO in last image !!......

Must admit I didn't even notice it until it landed in next door's garden

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

are they friendly ? Encyclopedia galactic a at hand ???......

No, they took my cat and left without even a single rumble of thunder.........

• Like 3

Posted

Light rain falling now in Leicester, that light it's struggling to wet the pavement...

Humidity seems to have dropped off slightly, yet still very warm.... No sign of anything remotely thundery, although earlier we had sferics 14/15 mile west..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Rotheram in the eye of a storm!!

Just rain rain and more rain

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

Anyone Sudbury way...nice line of ts charging through shortly. Skies must look pretty wild.

I'm a bit of a way from Sudbury but could see it heading (from that direction) towards my area, fairly frequent lightning (compared to what usually happens around here) and big rumbles. Maybe some CG but didn't see them as probably looking away to sort settings on camera. Heavy rain started and is now continuing. Didn't really see any wild skies, generally overcast and camera captures were a washout so didn't see anything of note in those either. Glad to have some thunder at least, it's been a while!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey days

Did that storm of Holland come from the UK? Have we finally succeeded in exporting a storm to the continent?

Posted

Makes mental note to organise BBQ :) that'll guarantee a show or three lol...yes, quite knife edge still, heat building add moisture and other ingredients - much depends where they'll meet up still. In one foul swoop. Near continent, as per, at higher risk..a lot at stake for the Uk.A possible 30C prior to any cb action, further stoking debate with regards to next week. Interesting times.

What do you mean by cb action? There's lots of acronymic choices....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

What do you mean by cb action? There's lots of acronymic choices....

Cb is the acronym for Cumulonimbus. I should imagine triple_x1 was meaning plenty of thunderstorm action. I am hoping so as didn't see a sausage from yesterday's, although wasn't expecting anything this far west anyway despite a brief storm towards the Coalville area.

• Like 1

Posted

Anyone explain why there was not more thundery activity from yesterdays rain,  a band of quite active rain sweeping in just to coincide with the heat of the early evening/ late afernnoon with much of England in the 26c to 27 c range!  yet just a few isolated cells in Lincs and Essex

I am sure this would have triggered more thundery weather with the same setup during the 80's and 90's , it seems a lot harder to get thunderstorms now, or is it just me?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Anyone explain why there was not more thundery activity from yesterdays rain,  a band of quite active rain sweeping in just to coincide with the heat of the early evening/ late afernnoon with much of England in the 26c to 27 c range!  yet just a few isolated cells in Lincs and Essex

I am sure this would have triggered more thundery weather with the same setup during the 80's and 90's , it seems a lot harder to get thunderstorms now, or is it just me?

I think what had happened is that the thunderstorms had low deep layer shear associated with them so didn't last very long and a lot of downdraft associated too so rain was unable to pep up after they left. Basically, they left the air "dry" if that makes sense so basically there was not enough energy or moisture to help aid further development.

• Like 1

Posted

Met offiice yellow warning for today is very similar to yesterday's with a few storms likely

in Eastern areas.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_warnings.html?day=1

Yes, looking at the skew-t's for say Doncaster and Skegness I am a bit surprised as the predicted ascents for both (using Extra output), suggests that any deep instability around at the moment will become far less unstable as the day goes on. So bit unsure why they have gone for that but they are the experts.

No basic sonde data available from the usual site to give us the Watnall output.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Possible plume event during the week? Too far off yet obviously but something to keep an eye on

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey days

MO and WRF seem to want to keep the worst of any rainfall/storms to the far East today.

post-17315-0-61509800-1405242736_thumb.j

Posted Image

Estofex is a bit more general.....

post-17315-0-19473700-1405242634_thumb.j

...southeastern UK, Netherlands...

Storms will move rather slowly and some local elevated precipitation sums may arise. Also, the absence of flow and vertical shear is beneficial for development of spout-type tornadoes, but 00Z soundings looked quite stable with dry layers in the low to mid levels, so no level 1 area was issued at this point.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Holy moly! 

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Panayiotis
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Holy moly! 

Posted ImagePosted Image

The perfect scenario this is as the thundery low tracks over us during Friday afternoon. If this slows and becomes more akin to the ECM then we will probably lose the risk of severe thunderstorms, though isolated cell will probably develop due to the heat. On another note there is definitely a decent chance of importing some big storms from France, well at the moment.

• Like 3