Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm and convective discussion 7th July Onwards

Posted

Interesting to note that the Estofex warning is only valid until early Friday morning....

Their Friday into Saturday forecast will make interesting reading!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

There is a hot air Balloon festival at Temple Newsam Fri Sat and Sunday so there will be storms up here.. Normally naff weather when the Funfair is in town.

• Like 1

Posted

One thing i'll never forget is when the village here got hit by a supercell, it went from light to twilight within minutes and thunder crashing at pretty much every few seconds. Then came the 70mph winds, horizontal rain and hail, and then the bits of tree's and wheelie-bins making a dash for freedom. All over within 15 minutes but there's some good festival footage from the US and Amsterdam which shows just how quick these storms can cause conditions to deteriorate.

Posted

I think I need to be with a chaser....... Face my fear full on....

What's happened to my fellow lightning hater GORDON? Bedworh I think his locale was/is?

Wonder if the Speaksons would take my case....?

Thing is, and I have mentioned it before, I do actually have quite a fascination for thunder, but I also have this irrational (or is it) fear of  âš¡ and I don't know where it came from, except it goes as far back as I can remember.... And I'm ** years old now!!!

Posted

Well my excitement levels have gone up a notch.

Reading through the posts and the mention of big storms supercells MCS etc has me excited though I have to tell myself it could still be the same as usual out come and I will see nothing.

I really hope this is not the case and I get something and so do the other members of Netweather.

Will be serious clock watching at work today eager to finish and get home and prepare myself for any action.

Have pre warned my boss that if it happens tonight I will be like a zombie friday due to lack of sleep ha ha.

Anyhow best of luck to everyone hope you get something

Bring it on!

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Tremendous amounts of cape available on Saturday according nmm a lot less according to the latest GFS

post-2404-0-06196900-1405572456_thumb.pn

post-2404-0-26173300-1405572536_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Oh dear the words of doom from Carol K Humdingers. All over folks I'm afraid.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Local weather just said thunderstorms during the early hours but they will be more about lightning with not much rain, sounds like an elevated display to me. Further S and W this is not the case with the likelihood of some big storms across SW England, S Wales and the SW Midlands before they move north as elevated storms towards morning. 

I need the best of the storms to be before around 6-7pm on Saturday as I will be unable to chase after this time. Currently Friday night and Saturday day look more than enough to keep me happy though whilst I have the ability to chase.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Morning all, please carry on over here..

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/80884-spanish-plume-anyone-storm-and-convective-discussion-17th-july-onwards/

:)

Edited by Jane Louise