Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm and Convective Discussion 23rd June Onwards

Nick L

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Looking good out there so far, been overcast all morning but now getting short bursts of heavy convective rainfall, can't see any cloud tops as the sky is covered in cloud. It feels like one of those days when a big storms going to creep up on you because you cannot see any cloud structure. Can already see sporadic lightning popping up all over the place, so looking very good for later on this afternoon. I just hope the rash of showers won't get to carried away and stop any storms from building as they'll all be feeding off each other being so closely situated.

Posted

Looking at the V4 Radar for down south looks as if somebody's been at the paint. Looks a right mess

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

The netweather storm forecast is a bit off today, said at 4-7pm im going to get 60.89mm of rain.... wish i was warned yesterday so i can blow the inflatable dingy up!

Another home grown storm day today from the looks of it, and there seems to be alot more action going on already than this time yesterday. Good luck storm fans!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

Looking good out there so far, been overcast all morning but now getting short bursts of heavy convective rainfall, can't see any cloud tops as the sky is covered in cloud. It feels like one of those days when a big storms going to creep up on you because you cannot see any cloud structure. Can already see sporadic lightning popping up all over the place, so looking very good for later on this afternoon. I just hope the rash of showers won't get to carried away and stop any storms from building as they'll all be feeding off each other being so closely situated.

Would be the same thing that happened to us yesterday. Crept in amongst the other cloud that was about.Well convection is going well here, nice and defined. Bases are beginning to darken nearby in Norwich. Something will definitely kick off soon somewhere.

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Downpour,thunder heard,although a glance at the radar suggests the worst of it missed SE13 and moved South of us.Can we score a direct storm hit here just for once today?.....watch this space!

Posted

The netweather storm forecast is a bit off today, said at 4-7pm im going to get 60.89mm of rain.... wish i was warned yesterday so i can blow the inflatable dingy up!

Another home grown storm day today from the looks of it, and there seems to be alot more action going on already than this time yesterday. Good luck storm fans!

I think you'll find it's meant to be 6.89MM, MK says 7.83mm per hour at that time frame.  :rofl:

Posted

Then I looked again out of the window :-)

post-7331-0-48013800-1403952077_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

I think you'll find it's meant to be 6.89MM, MK says 7.83mm per hour at that time frame.  :rofl:

Erm nope, well when i click on it it sais 27.06mm at 16:00-17:00 then 32.57mm from 17:00-18:00 Search the postcode MK42 and see for yourself!

I can only dream of rainfall like that lmao!!

Edited by TheToastPeople

Posted

Erm nope, well when i click on it it sais 27.06mm at 16:00-17:00 then 32.57mm from 17:00-18:00 Search the postcode MK42 and see for yourself!

I can only dream of rainfall like that lmao!!

Hmmm well the guy doing the forecast obviously fell off the embankment and into the river while estimating today's rainfall. pmsl

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Quick post from the mobile as I'm driving from swindon to home.... Loud thunder woohoo!!

Posted

Omg! Strong visible, organised rotation seen right above my head wow! Got video. Norwich in for a shout again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Hmmm well the guy doing the forecast obviously fell off the embankment and into the river while estimating today's rainfall. pmsl

It is computer generated. See my post yesterday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

A few showers so far today but no thunder. It looks like later is more favorable as the SSE wind is really not helping things.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Heavy rain here and a couple of rumbles, nothing overly exciting but some nice cloudscapes earlier and warm sun. Hope later on brings better!

post-18410-0-27446300-1403953965_thumb.j

post-18410-0-29621300-1403954072_thumb.j

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Lovely sunny day so far here haha. Cbs to the east, north and south but very little to the west (typically). 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Sudden heavy downpour here. No T & L but Barometer Dog isn't happy so maybe something on the cards :/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

Solid looking cumulus heading towards Norwich now, radar suggests a few rumbles then 3hours of messy rain today.

Posted

Dark menacing looking skies and torrential rain with embedded small hail falling in MK, no thunder yet though although it's getting heavier by the minute.

Posted

Thunderstorm now forming overhead in MK instant thunder after the lightning flash, and still the torrential rain is falling, also dramatic shift in wind from a NW to a SE flow, this thing is building in place over the top of the city.

• Like 1

Posted

Rumble of thunder here from somewhere to the west, all a bit messy out there really. 

Edit: North east of here, cell developed very quickly 

Edited by liambailey09

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Absolutely nothing happening here. Virtually every direction except where the weather is coming from. Write off for my location today I think.

Posted

Heavy rain here and a couple of rumbles, nothing overly exciting but some nice cloudscapes earlier and warm sun. Hope later on brings better!

Is that Commercial road allotment?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Thunderstorm approaching from the W.