Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

Well the cloud is breaking up here in the southeast

yeah but your not expected to get that many showers

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

Meanwhile in the north naff all is going to happen!!!!

wish I could swap with you

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

wish I could swap with you

It's nice here Gordon...err that is if grey leaden gloomy skies, light rain/drizzle and a cool feel is your bag.By the way Bedworth is currently showing 0% storm risk for today.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Someone from Coventry tweeted thunder there about 45 minutes ago.

Posted

Sun peeking through a bit here, a small convergence line building here going W/NW with some dark bases already appearing.

Posted

One lives in hope! :D  It's just totally pfft this morning...

Couldn't agree more, had some drizzle for 15 mins, then some light rain, now back to dry, cloudy and miserable.

There is no chance of convection here, unless we import it from somewhere, anything home grown is a complete no no

Posted

Storm showing now near Kington, Herefordshire

• Like 1

Posted

Couldn't agree more, had some drizzle for 15 mins, then some light rain, now back to dry, cloudy and miserable.

There is no chance of convection here, unless we import it from somewhere, anything home grown is a complete no no

You should look at radar and satellite before writing, a convergence line building and heading towards Norfolk, it just left here and convection was bubbling up nicely, where are you getting your judgement that there is no chance of convection because there already is.

• Like 1

Posted

Indeed now sparking off for you :)

Posted

Sferic east of Cov

Really for once im hoping for no storms today as im fishing and frankly i cant think of anywhere id less like to be in a storm.

For this weekend im a member of Team Gordon ;)

Posted

You should look at radar and satellite before writing, a convergence line building and heading towards Norfolk, it just left here and convection was bubbling up nicely, where are you getting your judgement that there is no chance of convection because there already is.

Hi Chris,

I'm about 70 miles north north west of you as the crow flies and the sun hasn't broken through the cloud at all today.  It's cloudy, miserable and murky.  I'd welcome some sun before the convective bit, but I'm telling it as it is here and convection doesn't happen though unbroken cloud

Posted

Sferics near Leicester and over Cardigan Bay

Edited by TonyH

Posted

OMG a lightning bolt has just hit a house just 100 metres away. The thunder was instant and incredibly loud.

My poor cat is petrified and the rain is incredible!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Keep watching the radar, this setup looks likely to deliver for some places.... Good luck all!

Posted

Hi Chris,

I'm about 70 miles north north west of you as the crow flies and the sun hasn't broken through the cloud at all today.  It's cloudy, miserable and murky.  I'd welcome some sun before the convective bit, but I'm telling it as it is here and convection doesn't happen though unbroken cloud

We haven't had any sunshine here in Peterborough and its remained overcast and yet we now have a storm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

crap here so far, steady rain for the past couple of hours from a trough, no doubt it'll turn electrical as it moves up into the midlands. Need the clearance over the south west to push through to enable convective energy to be realised

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

OMG a lightning bolt has just hit a house just 100 metres away. The thunder was instant and incredibly loud.My poor cat is petrified and the rain is incredible!

That was a real loud clap of thunder that was! No sunshine, just out of drizzly muck we are getting this! It's kicking off now !Scary how I said it's waiting to drop a CG too lol ;) Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91

Posted

That was a real loud clap of thunder that was! No sunshine, just out of drizzly muck we are getting this! It's kicking off now !

What area are you in as im in Gunthorpe?

Now have car alarms going off!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

I'm right near the city centre at the minute! Looks bad up towards the north of the city.

Posted

I'm right near the city centre at the minute! Looks bad up towards the north of the city.

Im expecting some sunshine to break through after this storm and then the action should really kick off afterwards.

Lincs could see some action shortly as this line of storms intensifies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Just heard thunder in bedford!!!¬ no sferics on the radar to confirm it yet though

Posted

Some breaks in the clouds here with the sun poking through. Hopefully enough to spark off some storms