Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm and Convective Discussion 23rd June Onwards

Nick L

Posted

Just got a message from one of the other engineers on the shop floor, apparently it was our factory that was struck by one of the lightning strikes and now a load of our machines have decided not to want to work any more.

I thought the thunder was a bit loud!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

I would say keep on the lookout clouds are doing some strange things here in Norwich. Different directions. Nothing organised but keep a look out. Its definitely intensifying.

Posted

I'm not getting into an argument, just stating what I believe is what is/will happen at my location.

The convergence line you speak of looks as though it get considerably weaker the further East you go.  North West Norfolk will indeed benefit, I have my doubts as to whether it will even rain here

I shall happily agree to disagree then, as i watch some cracking cells firing up over Norfolk  :wink:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Shower missed me, just a little bit of rain. Looks like it got going though. typical.

sat up the hill waiting with my dad for about an hour, was just rain in the end. Sky doesn't look as convective now either :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

sat up the hill waiting with my dad for about an hour, was just rain in the end. Sky doesn't look as convective now either :(

A few drops of rain atm :wallbash: , but it's done it's thing further up as per the usual. :wallbash:  :nea:  :(

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Cells certainly look more discrete over Cambs and Norfolk recently, may even be a few brief supercell type structures looking at radar signatures - strong SW 500mb flow towards E Anglia, which is evident from the radar too which will help vent those storms. Possibility for large hail, strong wind gusts and even a tornado if cells can interact with possible sea breezes - as indicated across Norfolk on the xcweather wind obs:

post-1052-0-08894500-1403874727_thumb.gi

Edited by Nick F
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Wonder if it will get this far north? What direction is this system moving in (can't access radar atm)

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Wonder if it will get this far north? What direction is this system moving in (can't access radar atm)

Edging very gradually north 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Bust for Kent again and the BBC has now downgraded to light rain today and tomorrow.

Posted

Bust for Kent again and the BBC has now downgraded to light rain today and tomorrow.

Unfortunately the SE corner often misses the action when the steering winds are southwesterly, I feel your pain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Dark as night over Dereham, some thunder and a short burst of rain - anyone to my NNW is in for a treat! The Garvestone Gap is fully operational as storms pass either side....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

A few drops of rain atm :wallbash: , but it's done it's thing further up as per the usual. :wallbash:  :nea:  :(

Not even enough rain to wet the ground! Yup always north, we breed them while linconshire enjoys the results lmao

Edited by TheToastPeople

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

Its incredible, clouds are moving in all different directions not seen this apart from on usa news storm watches. Im super duperting em tbh. Cant get on the road and stuck at work.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Although nowhere near me, I'm loving this bisection of the UK. Well played all those who're getting storms today

post-21337-0-69547900-1403875554_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

It seems too much emphasis was placed on southern areas.

Another crappy forecast by the beeb so far! They made it look almost impossible for  London and the SE to escape the showers today! Instead it looks impossible that we will even see one! :doh: :doh: :doh::angry: :angry: :angry::wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Another crappy forecast by the beeb so far! They made it look almost impossible for  London and the SE to escape the showers today! Instead it looks impossible that we will see one! :doh: :doh: :doh::angry: :angry: :angry::wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Tomorrow will be more favourable, as the low slowly moves east. Today however, South today forecasts went awry. The Euro 4 isn't very good in these situations either. :laugh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Awesome awesome storm just passed through. Hail/Rain falling in all directions. Looked like the beginning of some serious rotation, but all calm now. 

Posted

14:30 Leicester

Well, the level of overcastness is varying at the moment between quite bright and no rain overcastness (Cricketers would be playing) to heavy overcastness & no rain (they'd be off for light!) level!!

And at the moment it's sort of halfway house accompanied by heavy rain..

Thunder heard now and then, but miles and miles away, what can we expect in the next couple of hours my friends??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Not even enough rain to wet the ground! Yup always north, we breed them while linconshire enjoys the results lmao

How's the weather in Linconshire today I wonder? :laugh:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Another crappy forecast by the beeb so far! They made it look almost impossible for  London and the SE to escape the showers today! Instead it looks impossible that we will even see one! :doh: :doh: :doh::angry: :angry: :angry::wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

They have been pretty atrocious in general the last month or so.
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I expect the sun to come out, cloud is clearing. :sorry: