Cold?
IGNORED

The changing daylight hours thread

Boydie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
1 hour ago, ManiaMuse said:

Happy solstice :)

Things can only get better from here (apart from the mornings which still get worse for a while...)

To be fair not notice anything yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

And so begins the decent into misery,restlessness and uncomfortableness that Summer brings. Those early mornings wake up calls,the streaming sunshine seen through the haze of sneezing and running eyes can't wait,....:angry:

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, markyo said:

And so begins the decent into misery,restlessness and uncomfortableness that Summer brings. Those early mornings wake up calls,the streaming sunshine seen through the haze of sneezing and running eyes can't wait,....:angry:

As a SAD sufferer going through a tough period with day after day of grey, drizzle and no prospect of any sun for a few days, I’m your exact opposite. Onwards and upwards from here, although it’s hard to notice for a month or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
53 minutes ago, Maz said:

As a SAD sufferer going through a tough period with day after day of grey, drizzle and no prospect of any sun for a few days, I’m your exact opposite. Onwards and upwards from here, although it’s hard to notice for a month or so.

I suffer SAD also,not being flippant at all,i have reverse SAD,the Summer months for me are the most unpleasant of the year,so i understand what your going through. I count the days day after mid June to a more bearable time of year like now. Hope you can find a bit of comfort when a proper clear winters day comes along,not many i know.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Stop adjusting clocks twice a year, Lithuania tells EU

Lithuania said (on) Thursday that it would push the European Union to abolish its law on daylight saving time, claiming that most people find it annoying to have to adjust their clocks twice a year. The Baltic nation's parliament voted 76 to seven, with seven abstentions, in favour of the government's proposal to open negotiations with the EU Commission.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/stop-adjusting-clocks-twice-lithuania-tells-eu-184545109.html

Posted

Oh dear where has the sun gone, not seen any since Saturday. The forecast remains a gloomy prospect, and it won't be until early next week when we see any real brightness, which would mean about 10 days with barely any sunshine.. 

Posted
1 hour ago, markyo said:

I suffer SAD also,not being flippant at all,i have reverse SAD,the Summer months for me are the most unpleasant of the year,so i understand what your going through. I count the days day after mid June to a more bearable time of year like now. Hope you can find a bit of comfort when a proper clear winters day comes along,not many i know.

Yes, a clear frosty winters day or better still  snow can provide a great midwinter boost for me. As I’m guessing can a cool, drizzly day in Summer for you. I’m glad you are enjoying the dark days, and I will think of you when the spring light returns.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I'm enjoying the extra daylight in the evening now that the shortest day has gone, can sit out in the late evening sunshine and even enjoy a late BBQ:drunk-emoji:

Posted
19 hours ago, lassie23 said:

I'm enjoying the extra daylight in the evening now that the shortest day has gone, can sit out in the late evening sunshine and even enjoy a late BBQ:drunk-emoji:

7 minutes gained since the solstice, might need to do the sausages in the oven a bit before putting on the BBQ!

Mornings near enough bottomed out now, will be gaining over a minute a day from the 31st.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

As someone who looses interest in the loss of daylight shortly after Halloween, I have to say that the extra light of an evening time is starting to become noticeable of an evening now, even on cloudy days... Not by much, but enough. 
In fact I went out to watch the sunset the other day, and I can confirm that for my neck of the woods (with the topography of the land etc, etc), the sun was setting eight minutes later than it was! :)
Soon be thunderstorm and barbecue season 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
4 hours ago, Dangerous55019 said:

As someone who looses interest in the loss of daylight shortly after Halloween, I have to say that the extra light of an evening time is starting to become noticeable of an evening now, even on cloudy days... Not by much, but enough. 
In fact I went out to watch the sunset the other day, and I can confirm that for my neck of the woods (with the topography of the land etc, etc), the sun was setting eight minutes later than it was! :)
Soon be thunderstorm and barbecue season 

Of course at this time of year most of that change is due to the equation of time rather than the lengthening day. The day has only got six minutes longer since the solstice, but because of the equation of time the sun sets 8-9 minutes later than it did. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Starting to move now on an evening,twenty past 4 and it was daylight,lovely.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Yes its a welcome sight SS! Brighter times round the corner

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Beginning to notice it now for sure. For work reasons I'm welcoming the gradually lengthening days...it also means storm chase season is just around the corner (4 months to go!) :D

Edited by Nick L
  • Like 1