Sign in to follow this  
Paul

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

Looking at French lightning detector there is plenty yet to come up from Spain and France!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=French+lightning+detector&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb&gfe_rd=cr&ei=JoLJU-aND4jR8gfEq4CICQ

Sorry wrong link. Should be this one (I hope!)

http://en.allmetsat.com/images/lightning-france.php

Edited by coldfingers

To the north the sky is ginger/orange/pink/ east black , no rain or thunder, but the lights keep flickering in the house! :cc_confused:

well can say behind this is as calm as anything (heathrow bound plane lights, and clear skies),, so god knows if anything is gonna pop up later, because this one may have sucked all the juice

Lightening and thunder here now.....

YESSSS MASSIVE FORK ACROSS GREENHITHE CROSSWAYS

Absolutely astonishing and beautiful sky seen some stunning c2c fork lightning and sheet awesome

arrrgh, I do like a nice structure, trouble is that's the payoff - either structure or lightning. Boo hiss. And yes I know people can get both but they've had years of practice. I'm getting one chance probably, if I'm lucky.

just been walloped by the most incredible wind ive ever experianced,trees snapping in off debris everywhere,just wondering if ive just been in my 1st tornado,or whether it was just a gust front

very impressive wall cloud or shelf cloud to the south highlighted by each lightning strike

looks like one very massive wedge

just been walloped by the most incredible wind ive ever experianced,trees snapping in off debris everywhere,just wondering if ive just been in my 1st tornado,or whether it was just a gust front

sounds like what hit this part of east kent earlier

The whole sky is cracking from East to West, some incredible forks, a lot of activity to my North East @Medway towns - ish. 

Rain and distant T & L here, mum said it looks good coming over the channel from France. She may be old and disabled but she's always loved a storm.

Big flash! This is turning up to be memorable no rain yet.

Gust front, got it here a few minutes back. Stunning, simply stunning.

sign of a supercell, if you look outside and trees and buildings look like black shadows not a very good sign.

What creates the orange sky, can't purely be the sun setting to the west?

Black away to the south here at greenhitheExpecting some mega excited people on here soonCamber sands looks the place to be

It was ... Took some dodgy video which I'll upload later

Was looking promising for here for a moment but looks like passing East of my location or even dying off. Met Office then predict an explosion of activity between 2am and early am hours significantly West of here.

Yet last night didn't expect anything and got a decent storm.

Love Mother Nature.

are the storms going to miss sussex?

Unless the wind changes direction I would say yes! It missed here by about 15 miles! :nonono:

Lighting flashes in the distance.

We are about 5 miles from the core, however that's close enough-

Somewhere like Inn on the lake looks good

Saying that first lightning just off to my SW which is good news-

S

Well nothing is coming my way now for hours. As last night's severe storms kept me awake until 3:00am I am off for some shut-eye and hoping I will be woken by some action later in the night, or more likely early morning. Night all!