Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Really confused at the minute as I read no storms for the south east Of England? Is this right? All the action seems to be to the south west, Wales, the Midlands and Scotland, so we miss out the Spanish plume and storms from North of France, but the weather forecast is saying severe storms fir the south east on Saturday? Any pointers?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

23.1oC in the shed here, cloud is clearing so the sun is making a return along with gathering temps.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Bedford don't get storms. So If it does all happened to the west, at least I can say i told you so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

Definately feeling hotter and more humid now in central London.  I was okay this morning but feeling very sweaty now especially in the sun.  Most people are keeping in the shade.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Definately feeling hotter and more humid now in central London.  I was okay this morning but feeling very sweaty now especially in the sun.  Most people are keeping in the shade.

30.4c here now!

Posted

I confess I'm not that much of a technophobe when it comes to the models and forcasting etc, I just like reading peoples thoughts on the up coming weather, especially in the winter - yet the thing that always makes me laugh, is the fact that living down here in the south-east(ish), we tend to get the lions share of the warmest/humidist weather, but the majority of storms skirt around us and either breakout to the north or west.

I'm expecting Saturday to be another damp squib, with everything shunting westward.

• Like 3

Hope the sweaty ppl put plenty of deodorant on today lol ... Very hot but clouds keep appearing !
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

25C now, highest temperature of the year so far and feeling very warm even in the shade. :)

Posted

I confess I'm not that much of a technophobe when it comes to the models and forcasting etc, I just like reading peoples thoughts on the up coming weather, especially in the winter - yet the thing that always makes me laugh, is the fact that living down here in the south-east(ish), we tend to get the lions share of the warmest/humidist weather, but the majority of storms skirt around us and either breakout to the north or west.

I'm expecting Saturday to be another damp squib, with everything shunting westward.

I don't get many storms here in NW London either!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

commuting home on a packed hot train is going to be such a pleasant experience i'm sure.  I have my deodorant at the ready.  Hope others are going to be equally as considerate :)

• Like 2

Posted

commuting home on a packed hot train is going to be such a pleasant experience i'm sure.  I have my deodorant at the ready.  Hope others are going to be equally as considerate :)

Hope the sweaty ppl put plenty of deodorant on today lol ... Very hot but clouds keep appearing !

I'm allergic to deodorants! :sorry:

• Like 2

I'm a snob I don't do public transport at ALL yuck !

I'm allergic to deodorants! :sorry:

Oooohhh erm how about talc lol ? Lovely sunshine now I'm putting up my huge pool

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Its so damn hot I saw this little guy in orange robes burst into flames, its that hot, you know what I'm talkin about!!You got a window???? Open it! By the way in case you didn't get it......its hot

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

yep it's hot.

Still didn't stop the odd looks I got taking lil one to school in my short and vest top. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Ah, but if the models keep going for a westward shift, then with any luck everything will transfer further east without ending up in the North Sea/Benelux/Germany :D  There's always a straw to clutch at imo!

• Like 1

Posted

I'm glad it's my rest week. Nothing worse than having to deliver peoples mail in soaring temperatures especially when you can't stay in the shade and the nice cold bottle of water you left the office with at 10am has turned into warm water by 10.30. Breezy and hot here at the mo with plenty of cloud

Posted

As I posted in the main threat... A westward shift in the models is much better than the eastwards shifts which always end up in the North Sea! No need to panic!

The real potent air isn't quite here yet, so have some patience and just wait it out!

Edited by saint
  • Like 2

Posted

my rest week too, missing the works aircon though.

Posted

yep it's hot.

Still didn't stop the odd looks I got taking lil one to school in my short and vest top. 

Were you wearing flip flops?

Humidity 48%

Humidex 32.4c

Dewpoint 16.4c

pressure falling!

Sunny!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Pretty exciting potential for us! Going to take a few more runs before it firms up, and then I imagine it'll go to nowcasting, that much instability is bonkers! - not counting my chickens yet (Anyone remember 'Frenchie' from a couple of years ago?!') but then we had a great delivery from a plume last year from what I recall. My night-lightning pics from the US weren't as good this year, so I'm hoping to make up for them at the weekend...... 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow and storms

Dont over do it saint! Plenty of water, hat and sun cream. Good luck.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

yep it's hot.

Do you have 3 arms or something? Why would that attire get odd looks?

• Like 1

Posted

Way too hot, planning a walk in a while to see if I can cool off in the shady woods of the park, shower first (another one today) to see if that helps take the edge off the heat.

• Like 1