Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I'm quite surprised at that level of activity actually. Looks like it could be brewing up for rain here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Surrounded by dark skies, especially to the NW, but not a drop of rain as usual! Seems that the showers are petering out or just avoiding NW London! :cc_confused: :cc_confused:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Even putting the washing out didn't increase the chance of something stormy. It just circled round me.

Edited by Dami

Posted

If anybody wants a storm, just have a good old moan in here about how storms always avoid your area! Just worked for me! :shok::laugh::p

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I don't even like storms anyway, the last thing I want is one....

• Like 2

Posted

I don't even like storms anyway, the last thing I want is one....

Your avatar suggests you are telling a porkie pie! :laugh: Still it might work! The rain is heavy, the thunder very quiet!

Posted

I just caught the eastern edge of what Lassie had - 10 minutes' not particularly heavy rain and that was it. Bah.

Posted

I just caught the eastern edge of what Lassie had - 10 minutes' not particularly heavy rain and that was it. Bah.

It wasn't all that, watered the garden though which is useful, but as a spectacle, it was a bit of a non event! Still 20c outside!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Had a few minutes of light rain, nothing of any note and was dry again within five minutes.  Back to very warm and sunny now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Yep currently dark and a few drips of rain.. Think and I think there was flashes... Although I can't be sure..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Well that's topped up the hanging baskets and given the lawn a drink.. Lol!

Posted

If anybody wants a storm, just have a good old moan in here about how storms always avoid your area! Just worked for me! 

I've wanted one all day and all I got was dark skies and 10 mins of light rain  :nonono:

• Like 1

Posted

I've wanted one all day and all I got was dark skies and 10 mins of light rain  :nonono:

I think you may have another chance tomorrow! Failing that, the weather is supposed to change at the the weekend! Are the water melons growing well in this warm weather?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Just returned from a walk, just out and around the area, needed to get out for a bit and stretch my legs, released the frustrations of the day via quiet streets, nearby parks and listening to the birdsong as they call the evening in, and a fine, warm and now dry evening it has turned out to be.

• Like 1

Posted

I think you may have another chance tomorrow! Failing that, the weather is supposed to change at the the weekend! Are the water melons growing well in this warm weather?

They look OK but still not putting on much growth but I have forgotten to cover them a few times at night. I'll be pleased if I get one from them, just to prove you don't need a greenhouse to grow them in the UK. I have a £1 bet with hubby and I'm a sore loser.

Even a mini storm would be good tomorrow. I don't like the oppressive feel in the air, London air is bad enough with the pollution anyway with out feeling it being held around you.

• Like 2

Posted

They look OK but still not putting on much growth but I have forgotten to cover them a few times at night. I'll be pleased if I get one from them, just to prove you don't need a greenhouse to grow them in the UK. I have a £1 bet with hubby and I'm a sore loser.

Even a mini storm would be good tomorrow. I don't like the oppressive feel in the air, London air is bad enough with the pollution anyway with out feeling it being held around you.

I have been sneezing a lot lately and I don't suffer from hay fever! I'm putting it down to pollution! The best i have done lately is grown a pea sized watermelon before it dries up and dies! :cray: :cray: :cray: I hope you do better and win the bet! 18.5c here still and cloudy!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Morning all, well didnt get much last night, the wife said she heard a few rumbles before i got back from work.....

Its been rubbish for storms in my area, Friday is looking very wet, are we meant to be getting some?

Posted

Morning all, well didnt get much last night, the wife said she heard a few rumbles before i got back from work.....

Its been rubbish for storms in my area, Friday is looking very wet, are we meant to be getting some?

Hey Lloydyd! How is the pup? There might be some showers today, but not sure about thunder storms.  So the end of the week is looking bad is it? We do actually need some proper rain!

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted

Hi Lassie,

yea the meto app says heavy rain most of the day but it will probably change. I havent looked at the models for a while so couldnt tell you either way. Pup is fine, doing very well. Had to bath him yesterday which is always fun, i ended up more wet than him.

Breaking bad is getting very very intense (s5e12)...wowza. where are you up to now?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Fog here this morning! Quite surprised to see that in June and it was delaying aircraft at Heathrow. It's sunny now and already 19C so looks like a warm one. According to an ancient weather book I used to own, fog in summer inland means a heat wave is on the way...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Was cloudy when i went to take lil one to school, but i can see the sun trying to break thru, which it does with ease here. Not as warm, and the wind feels a bit cooler but it feels humid once the wind drops. :unknw:

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Lovely scattered altocumulus and ac-cas over the coast today

Posted

Hi Lassie,

yea the meto app says heavy rain most of the day but it will probably change. I havent looked at the models for a while so couldnt tell you either way. Pup is fine, doing very well. Had to bath him yesterday which is always fun, i ended up more wet than him.

Breaking bad is getting very very intense (s5e12)...wowza. where are you up to now?

Wow! You are on the last series! I am on season 4 episode 6! I read in your thread that a spin off series is being made! Giving a pup a bath LOL, that must be messy! Does look like rain will arrive here evdentually at some point this weekend! It is still very humid outside! 25.9c and clouding over!

Posted

Yes mate, Better call Saul! Cant wait.

It was very messy.....and wet

Clouding over a lot here in town, looks like some rain developing on the radar......

Posted

Convection beginning to produce some rainfall here, though no rumbles or flashes yet. Temp has dropped from 24c this morning to 19c now though, so it may not last too long in the end. First rain for a good couple of weeks though.