Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Holy Moly, going to feel like 36.2c on Friday apparently !

I see your 36.2c and hand you' my feels like 38c'

• Like 2

Posted

I see your 36.2c and hand you' my feels like 38c'

Pfftt is that it 38.6C for my location = fireworks :D so much fuel it is gonna be explosive if we get the PPN.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything out of the ordinary, except extreme heat

Morning everyone! Well, what an awful night for sleeping. At once stage the whole family was up and we all met on the landing! now, typically, they've gone back to sleep and I've got to go to work. Also, I thought it was meant to be cloudy this morning? Pardon my ignorance, but will that have an impact on the predicted temperatures?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning all, some sunny spells here, very little frontal cloud, just some patchy low level stuff. Looks hot today with a high of 30C in London. Expecting something around 27C here.

Could we hit 33C tomorrow? Quite possibly and it might not be London either getting that.

Have a great day everyone  :hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Maybe an hors d'ouevres tonight in the SE before the main event starting tomorrow evening?

post-11059-0-09806400-1405581589_thumb.p

Then the main event.

Charts for midnight Friday / Saturday, from the hi res NMM. Right near the top of the scale; just spectacular. Also CAPE inhibition is pretty negligible.

post-11059-0-70573100-1405581743_thumb.ppost-11059-0-18875000-1405581765_thumb.ppost-11059-0-09845900-1405581784_thumb.p

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything out of the ordinary, except extreme heat

Perhaps I spoke too soon ....... quite cloudy now. It was beautiful blue sky earlier!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

morning all,

had a fab night last night at the Attitude hot 100 party, my friend got number 2 and beat the likes of becks and hugh jackman.....It was so hot in the paramount bar 31 floors above London but made for an amazing sunset.

I cant wait for the storms this weekend, I hope to finally make it out of the NSC yayyyyy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Perhaps I spoke too soon ....... quite cloudy now. It was beautiful blue sky earlier!

Yes. It was lovely and sunny around 6am, but now the cloud has come. Going to be another very hot one today :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Had some rain last night and my phone was telling me the weather was clear. Epic fail. :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

The Met office are saying just light showers for my area......why? Is it that they don't know where the storms are going to hit? What does everyone think as looking at the mods the cape is massive over us for Friday night into Saturday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all

Early start here, gave up early last night as well, too hot to get much done, took advantage of the slightly (and it was slight) cooler conditions earlier this morning and got a couple of jobs done, already uncomfortable in the sun, some cloud has arrived now with temps in the shed already past 20oC

Posted

The Met office are saying just light showers for my area......why? Is it that they don't know where the storms are going to hit? What does everyone think as looking at the mods the cape is massive over us for Friday night into Saturday

I wouldn't worry about it! It's just a downside of the MetO weather symbols!
  • Like 1

Posted

Like snow, with the up and coming storms it will be a matter of nowcasting as things start to develop over the next few days.

BBC news weather also mentioned significant potential storm wise but not everyone would see them.

Posted

Sunny since the start of the day, few clouds bubbling up now.  I expect the wind to move round from Southerly to Easterly as the day goes on, should keep us a few degrees cooler with the lingering effects of the cooler sea breeze.  Going to be an interesting few days, can the storms live up to the advance publicity :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

Not sure what is happening to as i used to really feel the warm weather when i was younger, but i am sleeping okay even though it is quite warm during the nights, but i'm not finding it uncomfortable at all.  This mornings's commute into London was actually very pleasant and not the sticky nightmare i was imagining it would be.  I am just grateful that we are finally getting some proper summer weather and even if it does become quite uncomfortable it will only be for a few days so we may as well enjoy it while it lasts.  We will be in winter soon enough.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Beautiful sunny day here now after some early cloud. Was 19C at 6am, marvellous. Now 23C at 09:45am hehe. Off to get BBQ dinner food items then it's a day of sunning oneself before going back to work tomorrow.

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Sunny since the start of the day, few clouds bubbling up now.  I expect the wind to move round from Southerly to Easterly as the day goes on, should keep us a few degrees cooler with the lingering effects of the cooler sea breeze.  Going to be an interesting few days, can the storms live up to the advance publicity :cc_confused:

Yes, pleasant enough this morning, not too hot and that breeze should make working outside really nice later :)  As far as the next few days go, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else's spectacular lightning shots as I think we'll be suffering a post-MCS hangover! Still, at least I can practice my exposures whilst flashing a torch on and off  :closedeyes:

Posted

Problem I find with this kind of heat is it takes away my energy to do much (not just physically either), if I could afford it I think I would have just moved into the pub for the week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Just wondering, what is this chart? Is it a % risk?

It's a predictive tool for thunderstorm risk. :)

http://www.skystef.be/calculator-totaltotalsindex.htm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Sitting out eating breakfast in the garden at 22C. :air_kiss:

Posted

A lot of cloud here now.

Posted

It's been sunny since dawn but a few clouds popping up here and there now. 24.6c and 70% humidity.