Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Hot next week and going to Bude for a holiday with the kids yay !

First holiday for two years too.

Edited by 80sWeather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

Thunder in Ashford... Looks like a cell skirting south of Tonbridge has now starting producing lightning as it passes through Ashford.

EDIT : That was a cell north of Ashford that exploded from nothing to white echoes on RainToday in a fifteen minute period. Wow. Very black and a lot of thunder

Edited by TN26

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Another great day here. Bit more cloud than yesterday, but when that sun came out it felt hot. There is more of a breeze also, which is making it feel more comfortable.Looking forward to maybe reaching the magic 30c this week.As for the MetO - I find there weather app pretty consistant and it's free!

Hot next week and going to Bude for a holiday with the kids yay !First holiday for two years too.

You picked a great week!! Great part of the UK for a holiday, I've been there loads of times. Have a great time.....
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Next week has heat and thunder! 

heard of the first mag but not the other one.

Very warm here, the breeze is nice mind, dry and wall to wall sunshine (salad with my mum earlier for dinner, just the two of us)

Posted

No storms here saw the towers go up above me that have the nice storms to kent. Just wondering when will it be my turn lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

No storms here saw the towers go up above me that have the nice storms to kent. Just wondering when will it be my turn lol

Next Saturday!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Well I was nowhere near Medway last night so missed any T&L. Typical! Although I hear it wasn't a storm, more just some activity several miles away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Another great day here. Bit more cloud than yesterday, but when that sun came out it felt hot. There is more of a breeze also, which is making it feel more comfortable.Looking forward to maybe reaching the magic 30c this week.As for the MetO - I find there weather app pretty consistant and it's free! You picked a great week!! Great part of the UK for a holiday, I've been there loads of times. Have a great time.....

Thank you :-)
  • Like 1

Posted

had nice ride out the afternoon until we hit ely cambridgeshire where it was flooded drove through a puddle more like a lake about foot deep very rough weather suffolk cambridgeshire area afternoon

Posted

Next Friday and Saturday are still a very long way away in Weather terms... Don't get too excited about thunderstorm potential just yet!

At the moment it is looking like we will have 30c or higher, with a possible 'thundery breakdown,' in the settled spell by the end of next week!

• Like 2

Posted

At the moment it is looking like we will have 30c or higher, with a possible 'thundery breakdown,' in the settled spell by the end of next week!

Yes, the forecasts are showing that, but I suspect the models will have changed by Wednesday at least!

Stay patient and have faith. :D

Edited by saint
  • Like 1

Posted

how can it be a settled spell if a break down?

just asking? (looks for popcorn)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Drove through some heavy showers this afternoon, really torrential. The drive home from Benfleet was sunny and peaceful. Felt very warm and muggy for a time with 25C reached in a couple of spots.

Looks hot by the end of the week. A breakdown would suggest a change of airmass fro the hot continental to a cooler Atlantic flow. No guarantees here, we could get stuck underneath a low with some very hot air trapped beneath it. The ECM is a thunderstorm breeding ground tonight. 

Posted

how can it be a settled spell if a break down?

just asking? (looks for popcorn)

Maybe the term should be, 'possible break up! change, or weather turning to onions by the weekend!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I, for one, is not looking forward to 30C and what kind of temps the night will bring. Going to stick my neck out and say that as Bedford seems to have an amazing chance of having NOTHING storm wise, I am glad i will be dry for the school run and hope i don't melt getting there. I shall be thankful for the breeze that we have had for ages. Next weekend though, it is very welcome to do it's thang

I don't like hot weather.com :girl_devil:

Edited by Dami

Posted

Maybe the term should be, 'possible break up! change, or weather turning to onions by the weekend!

onions is plausable :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

onions is plausable :)

Maybe fried onions :p

Posted

ahhh man!

I was hoping for a few salad days.

Posted

Fried by the weekend! We  will be feeling like fried onions in those temps by then!

Posted

I am not looking forward to the coming week at all

Posted

Well I got a cracker of a storm today in Ashford :p of all places, absolute mental rainfall, however i did not observe any thunder & Lightning. But the rainfall alone and the angry sky was a banger.

It is a shame, it just glanced by and we got the edge of it... Back in London groggy and warm, not unbearable but not pleasant. 30c on the cards, distinct possibility of low 30s into the week. Going for 31.4c St. James's Park. We have reached the time of year when warm temperatures are most doable.

Posted

Yes, the forecasts are showing that, but I suspect the models will have changed by Wednesday at least!

Stay patient and have faith. :D

I agree with your sentiment Saint but fear you may be wasting your breath once again. 8)

• Like 1