Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Paul

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

Awesome storm totally unexpected as I have been busy, I was worried at first as I could hear what I thought was a tornado but what I think it was was actually the sound of the rain and hail coming.Crazy amount of movement in the almost shelf cloud, some pretty close CGs here for a time, the ones that dazzle you for a while, just like a Flash Grenade.

Here you go.. Look at the length of this thinghttp:////f1.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_images/tctc91_simplify/attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Looks like that is hitting me now!

Almost passed through now... Short lived but good fun!!

Sunny then cloudy,rainy,then breezy, right old mixture of weather today so far, still very warm though oh and thunder in the distance now

Edited by Jo S

sunny here now.

That lot to west of london seems to be getting more potent.

Biblical rain just swept through did not last long at all.

Sky tv . Gone off .Clouds black and boiling!Now distant thunder

Did you enjoy the rain on Friday. We drove through the floods to visit our son and his family. The road was particularly bad by the allotments just off the roundabout leading into Godmanchester. Grandson who is 3 is attending his friends birthday party today. The hosts were hoping they could run wild in the garden, but by what you have just written they will be going manic indoors instead. :clapping:

Kind regards

Dave

T&L in the squall line to the S of London seems to have died out.

Heres the technical jargon dark clouds,coming over really fast now, loud thunder and lightening, wind picking up, going to pour down soon 

Now that the squall line has passed through, it's time to light the barbacue! :friends::clapping: 24.4c!

Looks like squall is about to hit here soon. A distant rumble of thunder, and very dark clouds moving in from the horizon to the west!

Looks like squall is about to hit here soon. A distant rumble of thunder, and very dark clouds moving in from the horizon to the west!

well if that was the squall, it is fading very rapidly. Just a few gusts and moderate rain for about 3 minutes

Looks like it's about to hit here but no line anymore, more broken clouds.

This morning I drove from Benfleet to Louth and from joining A14 to arriving in Louth I had bouts of torrential rain, at times monsoon like.

60 years driving experience from the Arctic to Africa, worst weather I've ever experienced. Worse than driving at 100mph on ice, above Arctic circle in Finland!

Well that was disappointing. Less rain and wind in that squall than there was this morning!

Just got hit by the drizzle line!

It actually calmed the winds down, they have gone now, and I registered 0.0mm of rainfall. although it did spit for a bit. LOL!

Damn it... stupid crappy drizzle line :(

Pathetic wasn't it  :laugh:

Not where i was from 8am to noon! Never seen rain like it before in the UK.

I've been watching the radar all day here, out west the amount of rainfall in the squall looked intense! Just east of Basildon the squall just started to fizzle out in it's middle, resulting in not much of anything here :(

Oh well. Some torrential rain today, pretty strong gusts for this time of year, some T&L, and now blue skies and sunny. You have to love the English weather :-)) anyone would think its April showers...

Take a look at this beauty, following behind the squall line, planes circling at 23,000ft are passing below it!

post-12190-0-48254800-1407682097_thumb.j