Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I checked my rain gauge this morning after the showers we had last night and I was surprised we only had just short of 1mm considering we had gentle rain on and off for 2 hours.

Currently blue skies with no sign of rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Gone all dark, some spots of rain and...

...thunder!

Posted

MONSOON has arrived!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Bah. A few more spots of rain. Story of today :wallbash:

Posted

Bah. A few more spots of rain. Story of today :wallbash:

I am only up the road from you too.

Posted

Had a lot of nears misses today, on to number 5, which is giving me the odd spots of rain. Not a minutes walk and I can see all around so perfect for watching things build and develop, not so perfect for being actually hit by anything.

Posted

Heavy rain moving across the low countries...was that sposed to be for us? Dry as a bone here after 1 shower yesterday and I think a little overnight rain..cool and breezy with racing clouds and sunshine at the moment...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Seems to be lots of convection towards London/Essex way but doesn't appear to be dropping anything.

Nothing happening in NW London, been sunny all day after a morning which looked promising for storms!

A few cells round me, doing all they can to miss me.  Can't make out how things are moving tbh, thought i was going to be lucky and then it suddenly changes direction. :nonono: They are winning.

Wonder why storms are allergic to your location! :cc_confused: :cc_confused: :cc_confused: Is it the same with snow in the winter?

Noticed BBC has no mention of the showers that never turned up and nothing tonight

Swept under the carpet, although I was told in the storm thread not to be too harsh on the BBC because storms are hard to predict!

Posted

Storms are very much hard to predict, and a variety of models were slightly wrong about this event. Despite the MetO's warning, their own graphics last night started to show the storms missing parts of the Se and E.

Tomorrow there is a better air flow for us down here, and I suspect we will see showers/cells pop up and head our way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Storms are very much hard to predict, and a variety of models were slightly wrong about this event. Despite the MetO's warning, their own graphics last night started to show the storms missing parts of the Se and E. Tomorrow there is a better air flow for us down here, and I suspect we will see showers/cells pop up and head our way.

Exactly, showers are impossible to predict to a local accuracy, there have been plenty of thundery showers about today, no point blaming the MO or BBC because your locality didn't get oneAnyway, a nice day again today in Basildon and similarly nice this evening in Ealing, warm with a pleasant breeze and plenty of sunshine. Interesting cloudscapes this evening with some unusual high cloud patterns Edited by Harps
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

We now have the second batch of downpours - heavy rain and distant thunder.

Oy give it back it's mine  :rofl:

Posted

Been in my location best part of seven years, last winter the only winter we didn't have snow. Even had snow on the ground one Christmas. 

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Swept under the carpet, although I was told in the storm thread not to be too harsh on the BBC because storms are hard to predict!

I'll be as hard as a rock when it comes to the met! Hard to predict, what about all the other weather patterns they have difficulty with? :p

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Exactly, showers are impossible to predict to a local accuracy, there have been plenty of thundery showers about today, no point blaming the MO or BBC because your locality didn't get one 

Always one! :(

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Been in my location best part of seven years, last winter the only winter we didn't have snow. Even had snow on the ground one Christmas. 

Wow! Hope you like snow! So it is thunder storms that avoid you! Clear skies here, nice sunny evening!

Edited by lassie23

Posted

Exactly, showers are impossible to predict to a local accuracy, there have been plenty of thundery showers about today, no point blaming the MO or BBC because your locality didn't get one 

Spot on Harps but you are wasting your time trying to get that message across here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

I'll be out in a middle of a field mid morning tomorrow so there will be a down pour where I am! That is for sure!

• Like 1

Posted

The MetO warning covered a large area because the models suggest storms could break out anywhere, and again, they are showing the same for tomorrow, except, there is more of a suggestion of them being further south. 

It could be all to play for tomorrow, but anyway, the MetO do a good job, and in many respects, covered today's warnings well.

Sadly, with thunderstorms, there's always going to be people disappointed. 

Edited by saint
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Been out in the garden today, what a brilliant year for insects here is a quick run down of the ones ive seen in my garden alone in the last few weeks.

One of these ichneumon wasps (pure black though) was tapping my fence for larvae.
Posted Image

We have loads of these Summer Chafer flying round the cherry tree:
Posted Image

We have red and blue damselfly around our pond (one even landed on me!) stunning insects:
Posted Image

I have also seen some common darters about too.

I have seen a wasp that looks a lot like this Cerceris, not sure if it was but it looked exactly like this:
Posted Image

I have also seen a wood boring bee:
Posted Image

Pretty decent! I might go hunting under some rocks tomorrow to see if I can find a few centipedes etc.

None of the pictures are mine btw I currently do not have a decent camera.

Have a great weekend everyone!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Nothing here today in South Essex, turned out to be lovely afternoon and evening

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Cloudy morning, bright and warm this afternoon, 22C with virtually no wind. So much for cool and unsettled :p