Sign in to follow this  
Paul

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

Yes, heavy showers only make things less muggy for a very short time, as anyone who's been to Florida could confirm. Fundamentally a change in air mass is needed for long term relief. :)

Yep, even I am getting tired of this hot air. All gets a bit boring and makes me feel a tad ill. Fingers crossed some fresh air filters its way down here soon!

Any thunderstorms forecast for the SE tomorrow? There is a weather warning for rain, any thundery stuff in there?

Any thunderstorms forecast for the SE tomorrow? There is a weather warning for rain, any thundery stuff in there?

Depends what I decide to have for dinner tonight, how thundery do you want to go??

Depends what I decide to have for dinner tonight, how thundery do you want to go??

Are we talking curry? :cc_confused:

Thunder and lightning here. Just been woken up by it. Anyone else awake? :)

There's a few cells suddenly sparking into life in the East and South East...

Edited by saint

Yep...im watching the radar. :) ... damn it...not gonna get back to sleep now. Its still flashing and rumbling here at the moment!

That cell's moved away from me now. S'pose i better go back to sleep ^_^

Looks to be a fair bit of cloud-cloud lightning

Pouring down here, was trying to watch the tv, down quiet because of sleeping family, hail arrived and drowned the TV out, 5mm of rain here so far, very very slow moving cell, very localised too, over Benfleet, Rayleigh & Wickford, but not Basildon or Canvey, there's another one approaching from the south too 

No rain or thunder here, but a gust of wind just blew my curtain and knocked the table lamp on the floor! Getting a bit rough out there but all the thunder is well away to my east! Lucky I got woken up, someone left the patio door wide open with the keys still in the door! :oops::doh:

Edited by lassie23

No rain or thunder here, but a gust of wind just blew my curtain and knocked the table lamp on the floor! Getting a bit rough out there but all the thunder is well away to my east! Lucky I got woken up, someone left the patio door wide open with the keys still in the door! :oops::doh:

We might be lucky yet as something appears to be developing to our SW.

We might be lucky yet as something appears to be developing to our SW.

I'll try and stay awake! :lazy: :lazy: :lazy: :lazy:

2 very close Bolts here in Leigh On Sea but all quiet now, first at 350am and second around 4am, nothing but rain since!

Getting pretty dark to my NE, might be able to have a quick nap before anything develops and wakes me up again! :laugh:

Big storm developed rigt overhead potent cgs aswell pretty amazing stuff didn't see this coming

Big storm developed rigt overhead potent cgs aswell pretty amazing stuff didn't see this coming

That must be what im hearing

That must be what im hearing

Yeah I'm guessing so, it doesn't seem to be moving lol most likely growing in size as it's back an forth above me

Yeah I'm guessing so, it doesn't seem to be moving lol most likely growing in size as it's back an forth above me

Yeah I'm watching it on the radar hopefully it goes away soon :(

Scrap that here it comes just as I'm on my own :(

Have woken up here to very angry skies. Lots of thunder and I'm seeing lightning now to my N. Sky getting darker and it's just started spitting with rain. Feels much cooler!