Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

No wind now but I do have rain at last! well, more like drizzle but it's something, and if it lasts long enough the garden will appreciate it.

Lot's of low cloud here now with drizzle and a brisk NE wind! 17c!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

I have put washing out so hope there is no more rain for the next 24 hrs or so.

Posted

Window still open in the bedroom to try and get the air as cool and fresh as possible, still rather warm inside though, so I shall take a bottle of cool filter water from the fridge and wander to bed with my book.

Good night all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Morning all. Interesting yesterday evening as the weak cold front went through, sudden strong NE wind and the temp dropped 5 degrees in an hour. Cooler start today at 13C but sunny again, nice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Nice bright start here, though today will definitely be cooler than the last few days. Given a cool and stable airmass, cloud cover could be an issue in land as cloud builds to a certain point and spreads out. Ironically the sunniest places will be around the coasts which is unusual given the wind direction.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

A glorious morning in town, not too warm and a fresher feel which is welcome. Friday still looking very wet and the weekend looks like showers....will any of them be thundery?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

BBC showing a storm graphic for my area on Saturday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Not sure what the actual temperature is but it's far from cool in Essex, the BBC forecast last night said a high of 18C but it's very warm again with barely a breeze. A lot of cloud about but the sun is managing to shine almost uninterrupted

Posted

BBC showing a storm graphic for my area on Saturday.

I have one for Friday, wonder if it will still be there, or vanish by tomorrow, like usual! 21c at the moment and sunny! Still warm here too.

Posted

Another warm day here, was a cooler start but it still managed to keep to double digits, but only just I must admit, nice and cool this morning around 06:00 as I headed out early ish to save on the rushing around, too tired to rush after another poor nights sleep, looking like the weekend is cooler in comparison to recent days/nights, and damper too it seems.

Even having a small short shop this afternoon was enough to feel hot and sweaty again (I do all my shopping on foot so have to carry it all back, means buying only what I need)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I have one for Friday, wonder if it will still be there, or vanish by tomorrow, like usual! 21c at the moment and sunny! Still warm here too.

Have one for Friday and Saturday afternoon now, but I am about as hopeful as them remaining as I am about winning the lottery.

Posted

Not seen any storm icons for this area so far, and hoping for a dry Sunday to try and get at least one car boot in this month, I have a lot of my old stuff that needs to go, really liking this reduced living thing where the life space is less cluttered and more clear to see and do in, works for the mind too so I am told (and that is a cluttered mess so any help is a boon).

Hazy sunshine here still and not cool at all, dry and calm with little in the way of any breeze, already have doors and windows open to try and get the air moving a bit indoors for a hopeful goods nights sleep later this evening/night.

Posted

Have one for Friday and Saturday afternoon now, but I am about as hopeful as them remaining as I am about winning the lottery.

The weather forecast hasn't changed yet, I think you actually have an outstanding chance of something thundery Friday and Saturday! Hope i haven't cursed it, I'll go into hiding if you get nothing! :ninja: :ninja: Sunny evening here 20c!

• Like 2

Posted

Feel better after a clean shower having tackled the triffid in the front garden this evening, it is a tad slimmer ( but not maybe shorter as I could not reach the higher bits ), nice evening here too, think the extra effort will go some way to making me flake out later and get a decent nights sleep if it cools down enough (else I shall be up reading till the wee small hours again like the other recent nights)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Interesting to see the BBC using the word "thunderstorm" in their forecasts. Probably means light drizzle then :p

Nice day here, better than expect to be honest, temperature crept to 20C today.

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

The one day I don't really want any thunder, I have thunder symbols a plenty. Typical. :whistling:

Posted

Surprise surprise, yet another weekend of potential storms, yet all I ever seem to hear from everybody is how we never have anything  :rofl:

Posted

Surprise surprise, yet another weekend of potential storms, yet all I ever seem to hear from everybody is how we never have anything  :rofl:

I would be very surprised if the whole of south east england, east anglia, central and southern england avoids the thunderstorms! Or maybe I shouldn't be, the forecast I saw for storms is from the beeb after all!

Posted

Yesterday. Clear skys almost and yet a rainbow ?? How does that happen ??

post-13593-0-67135500-1403764697_thumb.jpost-13593-0-81583500-1403764749_thumb.j

Posted

Judging from the angle of your photo (which looks like you were looking straight up), it's possibly one of these:

http://www.atoptics.co.uk/halo/cza.htm

Are the storms supposed to get this far east today?

Edited by Crepuscular Ray
  • Like 2

Posted

Judging from the angle of your photo (which looks like you were looking straight up), it's possibly one of these:

http://www.atoptics.co.uk/halo/cza.htm

Are the storms supposed to get this far east today?

Cheers Ray

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

morning each,

A nice enough start to the day. Im hoping for some storm activity from tonight and into tomorrow but im not holding my breath....We will see I guess

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Morning. Very hazy here with a SE'ly breeze and a current temp of 17C. Keep seeing the word 'storm' being mentioned lol....that'd be good! Allotments are parched. A front is moving in slowly from the SW and W France so who knows, though getting some good sunshine first would help I'm sure.