Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Just back from my trip to mums and I can confirm it was lovely weather at Greatstone. Blue skies, warm sun and calm see. Shame I spent it sitting in waiting for mums new cooker and washer/dryer to be delivered and installed.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Just back from my trip to mums and I can confirm it was lovely weather at Greatstone. Blue skies, warm sun and calm see. Shame I spent it sitting in waiting for mums new cooker and washer/dryer to be delivered and installed.

At least they turned up, did they say they would arrive between 7am and 7pm? Sunny day here too, eventually, still 16c outside!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

still 17c! its a lovely evening.I didnt do much today, just relaxed by the pond.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

who said there would be a ban?

Posted

Give it another week!

give it ages yet ( well a week at least)

Posted

Morning all

busy day here, have had some time out in the fine warm weather but not much due to working from home.  It is a a fantastic day to celebrate the peak of the year with, some friends were in stonehenge this morning, as I had to work that was never an option for me.

already reached 18.9oC in the shed and the sun has not come fully round to the garden yet, and it is dry, calm with a scattering of clouds.

hope you all get a chance to enjoy this fine weekend :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning all.

Beautiful sunny day here, going to be very warm with temperatures getting into the mid-twenties.

My girlfriend is on face-painting duty for a school fayre today. I of course, am on slave duty and hence have to provide lunch :p.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Lovely day here so far, lots of blue sky and strong sun, a light breeze and current temp of 21C. Nice! Enjoy everyone

Posted

Just finished chopping down and cutting up a dead bush from the front garden, was a tad warm doing that in the sun I can tell you.

Would like to say I will now have a cool beer to recover but alas I have no beer, cool or otherwise.

Nice in the breeze though and drying out the washing a treat.

Posted

At least they turned up, did they say they would arrive between 7am and 7pm? Sunny day here too, eventually, still 16c outside!

One was booked between 2pm-4pm and the other 12- 7pm. 1st one arrived at 11am just as I did and the other at 8.45pm. I got a refund on my premium paid for delivery slots. It was a long day by time I drove back to London.

Been lovely weather today though, my plants are happier as am I. Speaking of which I'm off to water them.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Today I feel was a perfect English summer day. It was one that transported you back to childhood. Simply lovely. I went for a ride on the horse this morn at 8am and the views were stunning. Back home to have a quick kip.. 630am starts aren't that great for me after a long week, then Mow the lawn then paint the garage door.. One coat of top coat for now.. Then off to a village fete.. So lovely. Britain is definitely stunning!

• Like 3

Posted

One was booked between 2pm-4pm and the other 12- 7pm. 1st one arrived at 11am just as I did and the other at 8.45pm. I got a refund on my premium paid for delivery slots. It was a long day by time I drove back to London.

Been lovely weather today though, my plants are happier as am I. Speaking of which I'm off to water them.

John Lewis wouldn't attach my gas cooker to the gas supply because my kitchen is a hazard apparently! At least I didn't have to wait long for them to deliver it! Weatherwise, sunny and warm, still 20.6c outside!

Today I feel was a perfect English summer day. It was one that transported you back to childhood. Simply lovely. I went for a ride on the horse this morn at 8am and the views were stunning. Back home to have a quick kip.. 630am starts aren't that great for me after a long week, then Mow the lawn then paint the garage door.. One coat of top coat for now.. Then off to a village fete.. So lovely. Britain is definitely stunning!

Wow! Sounds nice where you live out in the sticks! I am scared of horses, nearly got kicked by one, not been near one since! Lovely animals though! A few more days of settled weather to come, things will cool down, may catch some showers too later!

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Mostly sunny, 24C

Pretty much perfect, well except the sunburn of course :p

Tomorrow looks warmer still.

Posted

John Lewis wouldn't attach my gas cooker to the gas supply because my kitchen is a hazard apparently! At least I didn't have to wait long for them to deliver it! Weatherwise, sunny and warm, still 20.6c outside! Wow! Sounds nice where you live out in the sticks! I am scared of horses, nearly got kicked by one, not been near one since! Lovely animals though! A few more days of settled weather to come, things will cool down, may catch some showers too later!

Bless you Lassie.. Shame you got kicked .. Ones I ride are well behaved and aren't interested in kicking..lol. Not completely in the sticks but near enough 10 mins from Newbury and there is all the Berkshire countryside. It was certainly warm today and interestingly though when I bought the washing in about 7pm ( sun wasn't on the garden then) clothes felt a little damp again? Maybe humidity perhaps? Hoping this will carry on for a bit as you say but would welcome some rain.. Water butt water getting low! ;) ... Heh anyone know anyone go to summer solstice by the way?On that note Happy Summer Solstace everyone!
  • Like 1

Posted

Bless you Lassie.. Shame you got kicked .. Ones I ride are well behaved and aren't interested in kicking..lol. Not completely in the sticks but near enough 10 mins from Newbury and there is all the Berkshire countryside. It was certainly warm today and interestingly though when I bought the washing in about 7pm ( sun wasn't on the garden then) clothes felt a little damp again? Maybe humidity perhaps? Hoping this will carry on for a bit as you say but would welcome some rain.. Water butt water getting low! ;) ... Heh anyone know anyone go to summer solstice by the way?On that note Happy Summer Solstace everyone!

Maybe the horse I met was grouchy or having a bad day! :laugh: Wish I could ride out a horse in the country on a fine summer's day! I have been dragged to Newbury racecourse before, are you anywhere near there? Clear skies and the temps are holding up, will be an uncomfortable night for sleeping! 25c predicted for tomorrow! Wow the longest day of the year already! Time flies!

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Another lovely morning with blue skies, little wind and 16C at the moment. Looks like it will be a warm one again, could get used to this!

Posted

Sunny start down in Benfleet too, going to be another cracker of a day.

Posted

looks like another day of one you wish to keep for later!! anyway could be the odd heavy downpour this evening according to met

Posted

Cloudier here today compared to yesterday.  Looked North at 11:30 last night and there was still light in the sky  --  every year I forget how long the day becomes.

My local forecast says showers tomorrow - better get the grass cut :-)

Have a good day everyone,

Posted

grass  cut  bushes  cut back  now can get me  feet up to watch  f1  and  the football for the rest  of  the  day!!!!

Posted

Morning all

Bit of a late night last night after a busy day working and in the garden, followed by an evening at my parents, got to see the new paddock, bit of a trek to reach but a lot bigger and better at first glance (other one has been sold by the owners), so managed to get out and enjoy the warm sunshine, after dinner we retired to the garden, shame it started to cloud over by then.  After getting the chickens and geese to bed before it got dark it was back to the garden and a bottle of wine to sample the twilight.  Got home just after midnight and still very warm even then.

Awoke around 05:00 this morning due to the warm air making sleep a tad difficult, but managed to snooze till around 08:00, boy has it got even warmer since then, it is now 25.8oC in the shed, have been indoors all morning sorting out stuff but will be out in the garden soon to enjoy the day :)

• Like 1

Posted

Afternoon all,

Hope you had and still having a pleasant one .. Lovely again here, hot this morn and a breeze too.. Sunny this afternoon though cloud which I think started around 4pm has built up considerably as you can see if you look at the radar. All mainly to the west and over Reading. Any thoughts on potential ppn anyone or is this just a bit of lingering cloud?

• Like 1

Posted

Maybe the horse I met was grouchy or having a bad day! :laugh: Wish I could ride out a horse in the country on a fine summer's day! I have been dragged to Newbury racecourse before, are you anywhere near there? Clear skies and the temps are holding up, will be an uncomfortable night for sleeping! 25c predicted for tomorrow! Wow the longest day of the year already! Time flies!

lol yep probably! Yep not far from the racecourse although never have time to go! Certainly was warm last night. Today another blaster.. Clouding over a bit here now as per my post. How's it your way?
  • Like 1

Posted

lol yep probably! Yep not far from the racecourse although never have time to go! Certainly was warm last night. Today another blaster.. Clouding over a bit here now as per my post. How's it your way?

Very warm here Polar Bear, 26.5c but feels really humid! It has clouded over now, but I think the shower threat is overnight and into tomorrow! Eastern parts will get most of those, might be some thunder too, so say the beeb! :laugh: Quite nice out in Newbury racecourse, you could get sun stroke if you're not in the stands though!

• Like 2