Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Good to see you back posting JP. Thanks for the valuable updates...:-)

Must say though, the captain done a great job in your absence.. :-)

• Like 3

Posted

hi leigh

hope your well

agree captain done fine

wont be able to update all the time so captain will no doubt continue too :friends: :friends: :friends: (hopefully anyway)

heres tuesday

Posted Image

still under that breezy north west wind

looks dry most of the day but by mid pm showers likely to rattle in from the north west

these could be heavy with a rumble or 2

temps still disappointing  18-20 degrees

ukmo raw for wednesday

bottom right

Posted Image

looks similar to tuesday but a higher chance of a period of more sustained heavy rain

although thats lala land at present

anyway take care and will be back tomorrow night to try and get sundays worked out

best regards

john

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

ITS FRIDAYYYYYYYYY

that is all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Unexpected torrential downpour here. Raindrops really 'bouncing' high when they hit the ground.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Bit of nip in the air this morning and next week looks like being decidedly on the cool side too, just when I'll be having a short break down in Dorset.

Chance of heavy shower and a few thunderstorms developing across the SE this afternoon, though not as numerous as yesterday, have a camera handy though, as wind convergence over our region may mean funnel clouds or even weak tornadoes/waterspouts develop

post-1052-0-42525100-1408094142_thumb.pnpost-1052-0-80777600-1408094123_thumb.pn

• Like 1

Posted

While in the south east this summer continues to hold meteorological interest on a practical level it has not been the most likeable. Last year a warm but not humid, dry and sunny July and August followed a long period of below average temperatures making it one of the most unexpected and pleasant summers in my memory. 2014 by contrast has been uncomfortably humid throughout June and July making working and sleeping difficult and barely more than one week into the main school holidays has morphed into a very wet, cloudy and cool affair just when the majority are able to take some time off. Give me 2013 over 2014 any time whatever the records for the three month summer will say at the end of August.

Edited by Kentish Man
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: calm and cold (im brontophobic)

While in the south east this summer continues to hold meteorological interest on a practical level it has not been the most likeable. Last year a warm but not humid, dry and sunny July and August followed a long period of below average temperatures making it one of the most unexpected and pleasant summers in my memory. 2014 by contrast has been uncomfortably humid throughout June and July making working and sleeping difficult and barely more than one week into the main school holidays has morphed into a very wet, cloudy and cool affair just when the majority are able to take some time off. Give me 2013 over 2014 any time whatever the records for the three month summer will say at the end of August.

Couldn't agree more the humidity in july was unbearable at times and so many thunderstorms!! Which I hate!Dont mind it being a little bit chilly and showery, however the showers we are getting or have been getting have been torrential making it very hard to plans things tomdo with children. Grateful for being on maternity leave for this years heat wave tho, hate working in the heat!

Posted

Heavy shower here in Wadhurst. Red Arrows just flown past heading West, so look out over Ashdown Forest area.

Posted

Heavy shower here in Wadhurst. Red Arrows just flown past heading West, so look out over Ashdown Forest area.

They'll have been heading to Eastbourne it's Airbourne this weekend. Displays yesterday, today and all weekend too. Worth a trip if anyone fancies a good day out. Had the Battle of Britain Memorial flight fly over the house earlier on.

Edited by Sussex Jules
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Very short, but heavy shower. Not on the radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Oh these polar maritime flows, gives nothing but endless stratus here. Bright start but clouded over this afternoon to grey skies, not a drop of rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon

A drier day here, cooler to the touch than recent weeks have been, just a few light spots of rain had here but not enough to even leave a mark really, wind has gone and it is tangible T-Shirt weather out, but the early morning and recent evening temps have felt the need for a second layer if out and about, but only if remaining static so as to cool one down a bit.

Weekend (Sunday more so) is looking cooler and rather windy, tomorrow it builds to the Sunday in question later in the day it seems.

Oh well, weekend looking for inside than out then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Off to Scotland tomorrow for a week, may pack a jumper! :D

You could go snow chasing up Ben Nevis  :rofl:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Off to Scotland tomorrow for a week, may pack a jumper! :D

Are you taking your argos snow sledge with you?

JMA this afternoon looks like we could get a more settled spell from around the 22nd- let's hope so! 

Have the JMA published their autumn temperature prediction charts for Europe yet?

Posted

Not much activity today, I felt quite cold in the morning am I the only one :crazy: ? Perhaps my body is not used to these significantly lower temperatures, by mid feb I'd be calling it mild.

Ben Nevis may get a a sprinkling of snow on the highest peak but it will melt fast, although it does signify that summer is slipping away - and we are soon to be in Autumn. Talk of the well welcomed fresh weather, does make me a little irritated it is summer after all, many are on their holidays. Hoping to enjoy the summer warmth, northerly winds what good are they now - come back in 3/4 months time! There is quite a large cold bias group setting up shop for the winter season lol. I am not to judge but it is very premature.

• Like 2

Posted

Posted Image

tomorrow

a breezy north west flow

looks like a day of sunny spells

the only snag looks a slim chance of some late pm showers to our v far north,
its very slim and if not light showers it will probably end up cloudy

temps

max 20-21
but lower coastal regions and feeling a tad chilly in the wind

sunday

Posted Image

sunday

still got that annoying north west wind

rainfall

north of our region
rain and drizzle early but looks to shift south by just after lunch
dry pm looks likely

south of our region
starts dry but rain - showers moving here by around 10
then as the afternoon gets here some of the showers will be a shade heavier
typically will clear around 6-7 pm

temps
around 17-19 degrees and actually feeling quite cool

sorry brief

hope your all well

have a good weekend

john

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: calm and cold (im brontophobic)

I don't know what everyone's complaining about, this is perfect weather for me :) love a chilly morning

Posted

I don't know what everyone's complaining about, this is perfect weather for me :) love a chilly morning

Seeing the sun would be nice, a cool fresh sunny day is ok, but cool and fresh also mean a strong convective cap which results in a lot of low/mid level cloud which covers most of the sky. Higher temperatures usually reduce this by allowing cloud to build upwards results in sunnier skies or sunshine and shower type scenarios. Of course the south of the region had a more unstable airmass which allowed showers to develop compared to my location.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Pretty cool out, but not cold! Some low temps in the forecast nextweek! It would've been okay if it was October, but in August it doesn't do the garden any favours! My tomato plants are doooooooooooooomed! :cray: :cray: :cray: :cray:

Felt a bit less humid today, which was welcome.Now my attention turns to the forecast for Reading festival... Hopefully my Wellies won't see too much action! ;)

When is the festival?

Posted

Pretty cool out, but not cold! Some low temps in the forecast nextweek! It would've been okay if it was October, but in August it doesn't do the garden any favours! My tomato plants are doooooooooooooomed! :cray: :cray: :cray: :cray: When is the festival?

It's next weekend- I'll be there Thursday to Monday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow deprived so anything white.

Nice morning.. calm but feeling fresh around town in Leighton Buzzard.