Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: calm and cold (im brontophobic)

All Blue Breezer does in here is criticise!! Calm down, jeez!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I'll look for a local weather station website and stick their temp in !

weatheronline is a good bet, your closest station would be either Northolt or Heathrow

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/weather/maps/current?LANG=en&CONT=ukuk

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Bright start here with sunny spells, fresh if not chilly feel here.

To be honest thunder potential looks slim for today with the main focus in western areas. This suggests a mostly dry day for the region bar a few isolated showers.

Posted Image

Temperatures scraping into the low twenties.

Have a good day everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Very cool start today but already 16C here so not too bad. If that breeze died down it wouldn't feel too bad in the sun. Looks like more sun and showers today, forecast is for the showers to be less intense than yesterday. Bit hacked off with the model output, looks pretty grotty for much of Aug. What a shame.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Very cool start today but already 16C here so not too bad. If that breeze died down it wouldn't feel too bad in the sun. Looks like more sun and showers today, forecast is for the showers to be less intense than yesterday. Bit hacked off with the model output, looks pretty grotty for much of Aug. What a shame.

I know what you mean. Tbh though, if it happened that we had a window of fine weather over the August Bank Holiday, I'd take it. I also think we'll have a fine warm spell in September too, although we'd obviously have lost a fair chunk of daylight by then.

I do find it strange that a few people on Netweather seem to want nothing but cold and wet weather in the Summer - no-one that I've noticed in the SE though. I have unflattering visions of these people - fat and sweaty blobs sitting in their one room; friendless and spending most of their days looking at their computer screens. Probably a wrong vision of course, but it's the one I have. Ah well, horses for courses I suppose.  :unsure2:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I had a sunny day all day yesterday, making up for the ten minute wonder I got on sunday. :nonono:

A bit cloudy today,sun peaking though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

I know what you mean. Tbh though, if it happened that we had a window of fine weather over the August Bank Holiday, I'd take it. I also think we'll have a fine warm spell in September too, although we'd obviously have lost a fair chunk of daylight by then. I do find it strange that a few people on Netweather seem to want nothing but cold and wet weather in the Summer - no-one that I've noticed in the SE though. I have unflattering visions of these people - fat and sweaty blobs sitting in their one room; friendless and spending most of their days looking at their computer screens. Probably a wrong vision of course, but it's the one I have. Ah well, horses for courses I suppose.  :unsure2:

That is the funniest post I've read in here in a long while! Thanks for making me howl! Fat, sweaty, friendless blobs....classic. I have the same vision lol....why anyone would want cold and wet in summer is beyond me. We get months of that as it is. Anyway...each to their own I suppose.As for the models....seems a lot of divergence next week. Hoping for a decent end to the month and a nice September. Also would love a dry weekend this coming one as I'm going to a festival and am camping for 3 nights so rain would be very unwelcome!
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Just experiencing a torrential downpour. It has not lasted very long and it looks brighter to the southwest and so hopefully it will stop soon.

Kind regards

Dave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Currently 17.5c here in benfleet, had a max earlier of 21.8c at 1:30pm 

Looks like tonight is going to be another 'cool' one for the time of year, predicted 'average temp' of 10.6c around 6am going by the GFS 48hr forecast

Looking forward to the Perseids meteor shower tonight, hopefully it starts to clear up before it gets dark, quite a bit of lingering cloud right now 

Edited by Essex Easterly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Heavy rain at the moment and breezy! The heaviest shower of the day! 12.9c The temps have really taken a nose dive in this shower!

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Dry and warm here. Had a few heavy showers this afternoon, but nothing to write home about. Cloudy skies at the moment, hope it clears so I can see the persieds meteor shower later.

Posted

All Blue Breezer does in here is criticise!! Calm down, jeez!

On reflection that is probably fair comment in recent days and I'm not too proud to apologise. Time to review my medication perhaps ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Evening peeps

A few showers here this afternoon and into the evening, seems to have all passed here for now though, remains mild and the wind has calmed down some in the last few hours too.

On reflection that is probably fair comment in recent days and I'm not too proud to apologise. Time to review my medication perhaps ?

Four cans of special instead of two should do it :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Ooh I thankfully missed this beast as I was on the train...reading didn't!

I didn't have a camera handy to photograph the rainbow, so thanks Polar Bear!

Posted

Lassie with all due respect if you are going to post temperatures, the least you could do is recalibrate or resite whatever equipment it is you are using to record them because they are way off the mark, and have been for some time.

I would add that location of the sensor is important too, if it is in sunlight it will record higher, why when I state my readings I try and include that it is in the shed and if said shed is in the sun or shade at the time, mine is currently giving a reading of 17.7oC which in the current time would seem close to being right now, the nearest offical station I have on the PC is giving a reading of 19oC but that is a county away in terms of crows flapping and stuff.

• Like 1

Posted

And there was I, prepared to turn over a new leaf Jax :wink:

leave it a week and see how you feel :wink:

Posted

Captains log 12th August 2014....

Nothing happened

:rofl:

Ok it was a cool but fine day, 19C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Hubs brought a rain shower home with him, not very heavy mine, just enough to wet the ground. clear here now.

Posted

Hubs brought a rain shower home with him, not very heavy mine, just enough to wet the ground. clear here now.

When I was married it had to be flowers!

Posted

Tomorrow

Posted Image

West/North west wind, moderate to start but picking up a little as the front pushes through.

Heavy showers, probably more widespread than today. Cape values are low so the chances of thunder are pretty slim.

Temperatures - 20-23C so a little warmer than today.

Thursday

Posted Image

Gentle westerly flow.

Still got some interest here with a trough moving west to east. Better chance of thundery showers.

Cape values higher, more so along the south coast.

Temperatures - 20-23C

Friday

Posted Image

Light northerly flow

Again some decent disturbances so again the risk of heavy thundery downpours.

Temperatures - 19-22C, cooler along the north norfolk coast.

All in all an OK set up, average temperatures, some sunny spells and the risk of some thundery downpours.

• Like 1

Posted

Brr...chilly at 14C...will we get down to single figures tonight? Summer, come back!

• Like 1