Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Goodness me, some quite heavy rain just now and the wind has suddenly increased very noticeably. Still as muggy as all get out though.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Just heard the sound of police sirens, lots of police cars at the bottom of our road and I can make out a car off road... Weather related perhaps

Shut your windows just in case there's a loon on the loose! 15.8c

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Shut your windows just in case there's a loon on the loose! 15.8c

Probably a soaking wet loon by now :D

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Just heard the sound of police sirens, lots of police cars at the bottom of our road and I can make out a car off road... Weather related perhaps

it's the met (office) police Neil....they're coming to getcha!  :wink:

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

just to give members an idea of the amount of rainfall that's been falling this evening, here's the rainfall accumulations for the past 6 hours.....some parts of the region have already had around an inch of rain with more to come for those to the east of London...

post-4149-0-11466200-1407542161_thumb.pn

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Crazy rain here for the past 20 minutes! 15mm so far since it started, and peak rainfall rate of 170mm/hr (heavier than the radar shows). Just has two flashes of lightning too! 

And I was supposed to be having an early night ..........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Windier than I expected this evening. Guess this low is a bit stronger than thought maybe. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

it's the met (office) police Neil....they're coming to getcha!  :wink:

Probably, and an angry mob of met office supporters :p :P :p

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Paha, I'm too busy calling the pound about a wild dog posting on NW ;)

Pedigree chum time! :laugh:

Windier than I expected this evening. Guess this low is a bit stronger than thought maybe. 

The breeze has gone here since the rain came in.

• Like 2

Posted

just to give members an idea of the amount of rainfall that's been falling this evening, here's the rainfall accumulations for the past 6 hours.....some parts of the region have already had around an inch of rain with more to come for those to the east of London...

Posted Imageviewimage (2).png

Hope Bertha doesn't give us too much rain then!!

Posted

After steady rain most of the night, dawn is breaking bright and clear. Have a good day everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Morning peeps. Well garden got its first decent watering last night and early hours. Got to admit it was much needed, Now its the calm before the storm so to speak.Will be interesting to see how tomorrow pans out. Have a good weekend all.

JT

• Like 1

Posted

Morning peeps. Well garden got its first decent watering last night and early hours. Got to admit it was much needed, Now its the calm before the storm so to speak.Will be interesting to see how tomorrow pans out. Have a good weekend all.

JT

well now its looking a  bit wild for  Sunday  time to batten down the garden stuff  ready for the storm to arr!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: calm and cold (im brontophobic)

Well that rain certainly done its job last night! Such a lovely fresh morning, bright and a tad chilly just how I like it! Gunna make sure the kids get their fill.of fresh air today as it looks like a movie and blanket day tomorrow!!

Posted

Off to whipsnade in a moment. Were supposed to go tomorrow but have switched days.

Lovely fresh feel outside.

Rain worked wonders for my grass over night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Got woken up by next doors broken guttering, was chucking it down. Shame there was no thunder with it. Lovely cool night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning, bright start here and it should be a nice day. Off flat hunting today so fingers crossed I will find something.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Lovely morning here, a bit of a fresher feel to it, doors and windows open to let the air through, washing out to take advantage of the sunny spells and light breeze.  Went to bed with it still raining out last night and that was close to midnight, no idea when it finally stopped, also first night in a long time I actually curled up under the duvet as it felt that little bit cooler for a change.

Tomorrows car boot looks to be terminated now as that storm system gets closer the wind and rain appear to be arriving much earlier that predicted near the beginning of the week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Nice bit of much needed rain last night. Cooler too. So, where do you peeps think will get hit by Bertha worst? Not bothered about heavy rain, it's the wind I really don't like or want especially in Aug! If my sweetcorn gets flattened I'll be heartbroken, it's about to ripen!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Nice bit of much needed rain last night. Cooler too. So, where do you peeps think will get hit by Bertha worst? Not bothered about heavy rain, it's the wind I really don't like or want especially in Aug! If my sweetcorn gets flattened I'll be heartbroken, it's about to ripen!

It looks like north Wales across to the Wash and below will see the worst of the winds from what the BBC forecast mentioned earlier, rain was more West and Central though, but we all know that can change all too quickly, as those big rain storms yesterday proved, they were practically popping up from nothing very quickly during the day long before the actual rain band made it to us.