Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: calm and cold (im brontophobic)

I live less then 1/4 miles away from the floods in worthing but u wouldnt be able to tell looking out my window

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I live less then 1/4 miles away from the floods in worthing but u wouldnt be able to tell looking out my window

I saw some footage from Worthing, it got hit bad! :shok:

Posted

I saw some footage from Worthing, it got hit bad! :shok:

I know! Had my fingers in my ears for most of it but when I did take them out I couldn't believe how loud the rain was against my window, spoke to my mum, she went on a bikeride in it!!!!

Posted

I know! Had my fingers in my ears for most of it but when I did take them out I couldn't believe how loud the rain was against my window, spoke to my mum, she went on a bikeride in it!!!!

What! :shok: :shok: :shok: I take it she got caught in it by accident and didn't actually fancy a bike ride in a thunderstorm? Clouding over here now, the temp has dropped a bit too!

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

It'd be interesting to know how much rain fell in Thaxted, during the 1 1/2 hour period centred on 2:30 this morning. The radar returns look pretty unbelievable. :blink2:

The result was flash flooding and a collapsed road.

I work in Thaxted (live in braintree), most places here took a bit of a pounding this morning, numerous businesses & private dwelling basements flooded, sideroad at the bottom of the high street is completely shut, will need a good bit of work to put that right...the water basically washed it away! One local resident said he has lived here for 70 years and has experienced nothing like this morinng, so it must have been bad! We are at the top of the high street and even our storgage sheds at the back of ours had 3 inches of water in them...files are ruined, thank god for PC back up!

We had a fair bit of heavy and persistant thundery rain in Braintree, but I dont think it was a patch on what they got here.

Are we expecting another batch this evening?

• Like 1

Posted

What! :shok: :shok: :shok: I take it she got caught in it by accident and didn't actually fancy a bike ride in a thunderstorm? Clouding over here now, the temp has dropped a bit too!

No I woke her up to come to me as my other half left for work, he came home about 5 mins later as he is a roofer, so she decided to go for a ride!!No more storms. Please!!
  • Like 1

Posted

No I woke her up to come to me as my other half left for work, he came home about 5 mins later as he is a roofer, so she decided to go for a ride!!No more storms. Please!!

Oh I see, thanks! Can't be fun being on a bike in a thunderstorm! :) Distant rumbles of thunder here now, although the shower seems to have split and the main part has gone elsewhere!

Posted

Apparently we finally had a thunder storm about 4am this morning (I was told, I slept through it!!!) :(

The rest of the day has been very warm and cloudy.Clouds look white, not at all angry...

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Looks like it's going to rain later and be much cooler

YES!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I work in Thaxted (live in braintree), most places here took a bit of a pounding this morning, numerous businesses & private dwelling basements flooded, sideroad at the bottom of the high street is completely shut, will need a good bit of work to put that right...the water basically washed it away! One local resident said he has lived here for 70 years and has experienced nothing like this morinng, so it must have been bad! We are at the top of the high street and even our storgage sheds at the back of ours had 3 inches of water in them...files are ruined, thank god for PC back up!

We had a fair bit of heavy and persistant thundery rain in Braintree, but I dont think it was a patch on what they got here.

Are we expecting another batch this evening?

I stayed at the Swan on Friday and Saturday night, so took more notice than I might have otherwise. Where I live, we had practically zilch from the event.

It's started raining here and the wind has picked up - very unsummery! I can't believe there'll be a repeat of last night, tonight - not on the same scale anyway. :) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any weather

The missus' snoring woke me around 2.20am - still hot and humid - saw some flashes so hung out the window and watched the flashes in the top of the clouds from storms the went south east from me. They were slow moving and the flashes lasted well into dawn.

Still quite humid now. 

Off for a rare 'day off work' evening cycle ride I think

Posted

Flirted with a couple of storms today but ended up with nothing! Looks like that is it for the day!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/feeds/28524695

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-28522557

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-28525628

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted

Must say as much as I hate storms it was needed and it's nice to be able to sit in my lounge and not melt!! Its very wintry out, now just radar watching to see what the night brings

Posted

Must say as much as I hate storms it was needed and it's nice to be able to sit in my lounge and not melt!! Its very wintry out, now just radar watching to see what the night brings

Think you are okay now Thunderbuddy, the worst has passed! :)

• Like 2

Posted

Hopefully. Still that big blob on the radar moving west, not showing any lighting though, unless my radar just isn't working lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Hopefully. Still that big blob on the radar moving west, not showing any lighting though, unless my radar just isn't working lol

Looks like the big blob is heading out to the channel so you'll be ok hopefully thunder buddy. :)
  • Like 1

Posted

Looks like the big blob is heading out to the channel so you'll be ok hopefully thunder buddy. :)

Fingers crossed! Lol same again next weekend I suppose, nice all week then epic storms!! :(

Posted

http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/twoother/latest.aspx Looks like the weather will go downhill by the end of the week! Thunderstorms or just rain??? :unknw: :unknw: :unknw:

Didn't someone post a forecast for next week saying something about another msc or mcs? (not sure what it's called) think it was posted a few days ago

Posted

Didn't someone post a forecast for next week saying something about another msc or mcs? (not sure what it's called) think it was posted a few days ago

I didn't see that! Was it in here or the storm thread?