Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunder, sunny days

Good few rumbles around Dartford for about half an hour, woke just before it start to rain around 6.20am. Just drizzle now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Yawn, it's rather meh here - much as I love the hot weather I would like something "interesting" now and again, all we get is the occasional cloudy sky. Really could do with some rain for a couple of hours...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: calm and cold (im brontophobic)

and some nice cg

They've formed a band your are the top I'm at the bottom lol
  • Like 1

Posted

Storm is right over me now, Lots of thunder and lightning and torrential rain, roads flooding as drains can't keep up, Storm looks to be growing fast on the radar! Have noticed Gatwick have changed the flight path over me, so guess they have it bad too !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Not sure which way these storms are moving? Lots of lightning and thunder to the N but still dry here.

post-18410-0-31839600-1406529813_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

Not sure which way these storms are moving? Lots of lightning and thunder to the N but still dry here.

I think they are moving in a vortex as the storm seems to come close and go a bit weird

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: if its warm i want sun..if its cold i want snow.

they developed right overhead around 5am..its been endless since about then

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Woken up half an hour ago with thunder to our west. Is it backbuilding?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Storm appears to be moving N to S but very slowly. Lightning more visible and thunder much louder here now but no rain yet, hoping it pours down for an hour or two, means I won't have to water the allotments!

Posted

This is horrible. It's just getting bigger. Think I might have a heart attack before this stops

Posted

Storm appears to have stalled over us, it can't seem to go west or east, and just keeps growing :-(

My poor cat doesnt know what to do, storm has knocked out our TV but luckily not our power (Yet !)

Posted

Is anyone near thorpe park ? Hubby driving eldest to work ATM and I can't find any flood warnings just hope the roads are ok

Hubby just got to Esher (not too far away) and there is a storm there at the moment but said roads not to bad, however a poor car at Sandown Racecourse appears to have been hit by lightning, Hubby has called fire brigade, Don't think its a good day for that car owner !

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: if its warm i want sun..if its cold i want snow.

its unbelieavable..nearly 3hrs of rain..thunder, lightning..

you can see the storm develop on the 15min animated rainfall rader on here/metoffice.

Hubby just got to Esher (not too far away) and there is a storm there at the moment but said roads not to bad, however a poor car at Sandown Racecourse appears to have been hit by lightning, Hubby has called fire brigade, Don't think its a good day for that car owner !

Thank you

Posted

Quite heavy rain here now and the thunder and lightning have become less frequent.

Is anyone near thorpe park ? Hubby driving eldest to work ATM and I can't find any flood warnings just hope the roads are ok

Just started raining quite heavily here but roads look fine.
  • Like 1

Posted

they developed right overhead around 5am..its been endless since about then

I woke up around 5:ooam but I was actually feeling cold!!! First time for a few months!

I can see your storm, and hear it but is is still just to the east of me. It seems very slow moving but is definitely getting bigger looking at the radar.

Posted

I woke up around 5:ooam but I was actually feeling cold!!! First time for a few months!I can see your storm, and hear it but is is still just to the east of me. It seems very slow moving but is definitely getting bigger looking at the radar.

Lucky you I watched that mother roll in and still going I'm so scared and now exhausted its just going round in circles

Posted

Torrential rain for the last 20 mins here! Wow. Garden flooded lol. Stopping now and skies brighter from the E, just had shotgun thunder though.

Edit: Lots of lightning and thunder to the S now.

Edited by stainesbloke