Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

28c in my living room and bedroom. It's going to be a difficult night to sleep again. I'd love a really good storm right now, it  would clear the air and drop the temp a bit.

But on a positive note my watermelon plant is happy :) and finally putting on some good growth. Just need it to flower asap so I win my bet with Mr Tadpole, but I do have a great butternut squash crop this year, that's much better than last year.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

way too hot here, door and windows open, fan on full blast...

...gonna be a long night.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

GFS showing a storm risk for tomorrow for southeast and east. Dewpoints high teens, ok temps a bit less but still gonna be humid. Wind convergence over southeast and the cold front arriving in the east by midday. Low to mid lapse rates steepening throughout the day.

Lets see how it looks in the morning :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

25C at 11:30pm, so nice! Sitting outside in tshirt and shorts, could get used to this

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

God it's hot....

Edited by 80sWeather
  • Like 1

Posted

24.8c in the bedroom, 19.4c on the balcony. Apart from the legions of bitey things, I'm almost tempted to move the bed outside. 

Update: Settled for the ceiling fan on full and the legrandfromage legs akimbo option. Hopefully Mrs stun12 is asleep downstairs. I've seen what she does to the turkey at Christmas.

Edited by stun12
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

28c in my living room and bedroom. It's going to be a difficult night to sleep again. I'd love a really good storm right now, it  would clear the air and drop the temp a bit.

But on a positive note my watermelon plant is happy :) and finally putting on some good growth. Just need it to flower asap so I win my bet with Mr Tadpole, but I do have a great butternut squash crop this year, that's much better than last year.

Still 20.5c outside! Had a barbecue, not sure why we think it is a good idea to light a fire when it is already sweltering!Posted Image Very dehydrated after all that heat! Too hot inside to sleep at the moment and the fan is blowing warm air around! Tadpole, I'm sure the watermelon plant will flower by September, unless the weather goes :cold: :cold: :cold:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Question :

Why was it so humid tonight, almost oppressive? My hallway was at 29C and my living room was nearly 36C and this was at 8.30 at night, even outside temps were about 24c+. The air felt really awful, I had a fan on and all my windows open ( Only at night ) Yet it made no difference. I went through the very hot days and didn't end up suffering as much as I did tonight.

Gave up and went over my family home and it's just as bad there :(

• Like 1

Posted

Question :

Why was it so humid tonight, almost oppressive? My hallway was at 29C and my living room was nearly 36C and this was at 8.30 at night, even outside temps were about 24c+. The air felt really awful, I had a fan on and all my windows open ( Only at night ) Yet it made no difference. I went through the very hot days and didn't end up suffering as much as I did tonight.

Gave up and went over my family home and it's just as bad there :(

No idea, but agree with you, indoors it's 26c and that is with a large fan on continuously!

Posted

might  if im lucky might get the odd shower to-day my rain alarm picking up showers  up over Norfolk  hope so its been far to  hot and humid

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all

Survived another hot and humid night to be greeted with a slightly less hot and humid morning.  Been out for a stroll to the local shop, breeze was nice, just enough to take the edge of the heat and humidity, toying with finishing the front garden trimming and weeding while it is cooler, will mean a trip in the car to the tip as I will have a one tonne sized sack (builders sand sack) of garden waste to get rid of.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Well this could be fun for the South east again next Sunday.

Just over an inch last Sunday caused chaos for Canvey, GFS is now predicting 5 inches over 2 days.  :fool:

Looks like it could be another MCS looking at the precip charts, everything moving north off of the continent 

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Nice

post-7255-0-49423100-1406461358_thumb.jp

Posted

No thunder in it but a decent downpour anyway. Hopefully it will cool things down a bit.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Cooler and much cloudier today but still fairly warm at 25C currently. Week ahead looks nice, I have a week off work so was expecting freezing winds and dark clouds but pleasantly surprised with model output!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

Seem to under a streamer here from Hastings and up through Ashford and onto Canterbury.

Since  2 pm we must have easily had an inch of rain here and the "streamer" is still going.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Some banging and crashing going on Deal / Sandwich way, can hear from Ramsgate.

Probably chavs racing their old bangers on the sea front. :wink:

Edited by Steve C
  • Like 9

Posted

A few heavy showers in Hailsham earlier, which made it a lot less muggy. Back in London, it's just as clammy as it was on Friday.

Posted

Still humid in London, have had two barbecues, all barbecued out! Think I'll become a vegetarian!(For a day) :p Cloudy here now, but still muggy! 23c!

• Like 2

Posted

A few heavy showers in Hailsham earlier, which made it a lot less muggy. Back in London, it's just as clammy as it was on Friday.

Yes, heavy showers only make things less muggy for a very short time, as anyone who's been to Florida could confirm. Fundamentally a change in air mass is needed for long term relief. :)

• Like 6

Posted

Still humid in London, have had two barbecues, all barbecued out! Think I'll become a vegetarian!(For a day) :p Cloudy here now, but still muggy! 23c!

Crikey, you've managed two barbecues? You're a better man than me. We English are great at doing burnt burgers and sausages for the first servings and then totally overcooking chicken (in case of food poisoning  :rofl: ) I guess you're now very thirsty?  :laugh:

• Like 7

Posted

I have mown the front lawn today. Slightly cooler, but just as humid. Roll on tomorrow with the cooler(hopefully) conditions. Had enough of this muggy heat now. Need some fresh, cool air x

• Like 5

Posted

I have mown the front lawn today. Slightly cooler, but just as humid. Roll on tomorrow with the cooler(hopefully) conditions. Had enough of this muggy heat now. Need some fresh, cool air x

Looking warm for the rest of the week, after tomorrows brief cool down!