Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Humid, oh so humid and now heavy rain, last nights storm was a cracker it was like strobe lighting in the skyi sat eating my dominoes pizza in the pool watching it untill the rain hit abd went indoors untill the second storm hit at 3am and I ended up sitting out in the garden trying to cool down!

:shok: :shok: :shok: ! Sounds dangerous, sitting outdoors during an electrical storm! That's where most of the storms were last night, Kent, Sussex etc, all well east or west from me, just got steady rain here!

Posted

Almost a replay of last night. It won't be as active after spell in Channel and will come alive on Eastern side as it heads up further North giving North Sea a light show.

Ow boy looks like that left split supercell leaving France is heading to my location can it survive the channel crossing

Posted

Humid, oh so humid and now heavy rain, last nights storm was a cracker it was like strobe lighting in the skyi sat eating my dominoes pizza in the pool watching it untill the rain hit abd went indoors untill the second storm hit at 3am and I ended up sitting out in the garden trying to cool down!

pool?1

can i come over?!

That storm over northern France is now edging into the channel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Beautiful weather here with 23.5C and humidex of 30C.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Well not a sausage for storms so far today, Has been a corker.

Posted Image Scattered Clouds   Wind Chill: 26°   Ceiling: Unl Heat Index: 27°   Visibility: 6mi Dew Point: 17°   Wind: 7mph Humidity: 57%   Direction: 170°S Pressure: 29.74"   Gusts: NA
  • Like 1

Posted

Interesting to see if this one growing in near Swindon is going to swing enough, seems to be bending and coming smack bang in Cambridge direction. 

So fair had the luck to have pretty much avoided most stuff over the last two days. My luck might be about to run out. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

What's the chance of Lincolnshire seeing storm tonight camera is ready or lightening tonight

Well according to the posters in the storm/convective/plume thread, Lincolnshire is the storm capital of the UK, so your chances must be pretty high!

Posted

The storm that has entered Channel already lost some intensity. Does the Channel literally shear them apart. As they seem to come alive after the crossing on Eastern flank.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

If that lot makes it over the Channel, what sort of time are we looking at to hit my area? Going out later and think I will miss it :(

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

The storm that has entered Channel already lost some intensity. Does the Channel literally shear them apart. As they seem to come alive after the crossing on Eastern flank.

The previous storms didn't they remained very active but decayed as they came into the south east, then intensified again on the eastern flank over SE

Posted

Even last nights had nothing like the number of strikes during and after crossing. On French side literally flashing every second or 2.

The previous storms didn't they remained very active but decayed as they came into the south east, then intensified again on the eastern flank over SE

Posted

As I posted in the main thread- I'd like to moan about a lack of storms so far, but Thursday night's light show, and also yesterday evening minor storms means I really can't. :)

Plus it's not even 6pm yet anyway.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Even last nights had nothing like the number of strikes during and after crossing. On French side literally flashing every second or 2. 

We had flashes every 3 :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey days

Seems to be very little convection around this afternoon in EA. Looking like that's it for this plume, unless the French storms can make it ashore later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

Was pretty awesome here mate.

Posted

Look at Storm East of Le Harve, active, moment it enters channel it loses that intensity. Trying to understand why. Is it the coolness of Channel compared to heat of land?

We had flashes every 3 :D

Not disputing it wasn't quite active and awesome for UK terms just when compared to French side not as active. Assume coolness of water takes energy out of storm.

Was pretty awesome here mate.

Posted

Not disputing it wasn't quite active and awesome for UK terms just when compared to French side not as active. Assume coolness of water takes energy out of storm. 

I reckon it was as active as when it was in France though. I do agree that it's a rarity though. Was the best 8 hours of storms I have ever seen.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Just one of those days really. The sun did break through around midday, but nothing happened apart from some fair weather cloud and an isolated sharp shower. It was hot in London today with a high of 28C. Same temperature in Benfleet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.

Just one of those days really. The sun did break through around midday, but nothing happened apart from some fair weather cloud and an isolated sharp shower. It was hot in London today with a high of 28C. Same temperature in Benfleet.

We've been really unlucky for storms. 

Fair bit of Lightning last night but little thunder. Nothing like I thought it was going to be. 

Posted

You only have to look at lightning data to see frequency France side compared to UK side. Active for UK but not pre Channel experience.

I reckon it was as active as when it was in France though. I do agree that it's a rarity though. Was the best 8 hours of storms I have ever seen.

Posted

You only have to look at lightning data to see frequency France side compared to UK side. Active for UK but not pre Channel experience. 

Where did you find that to compare?. Be great to look at the strikes for the same cell in France and later in Kent? Thanks