Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

As it stopped raining I popped outside to clear a few bits in the garden, noticed very quickly how hot and humid it is again, sun has gone as the cloud returns, 24.6oC now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Welcome to "The Storm Desert".  Any resemblance to the Triangle of Doom is purely coincidental

Posted Imagetriangle.JPG

Sad isn't it? :D  

Now really warm and sunny with a fresh onshore breeze, same as yesterday so no doubt nothing will happen again

Posted

I know storms are hard to predict. But really, how hard? Whilst there's obviously been amazing storms about recently, none here in my location when predicted, some when nothing predicted and as for pre-emptive measures taken by Heathrow, the cricket and the open golf, all starting to look rather embarrassing.

Posted

Think that is the nature of such events, they are difficult to pinpoint though rather than predict/forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

The heat in West London is really building now. I do hope we get something out of this, we didn't really get anything last night - it just missed us to the East

Posted

I am trying to get that electric purple/blue into some artwork I am doing, want it to retain the vividness (its a WIP though at the moment).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

You may remember that yesterday's Kent MCS started in the Le Harve area and drifted towards Kent.

Well a VERY active cell has just exploded in almost the exact same area as yesterday.... Could history repeat

http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime?lang=nl

Posted

You may remember that yesterday's Kent MCS started in the Le Harve area and drifted towards Kent. Well a VERY active cell has just exploded in almost the exact same area as yesterday.... Could history repeat http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime?lang=nl

would prefer it a tiny bit more west lol
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Welcome to "The Storm Desert".  Any resemblance to the Triangle of Doom is purely coincidental

Posted Imagetriangle.JPG

Didn't you get a storm around 4.30-5.00 am?

Posted

I find it fascinating how the storms do tend to leave coast at Le Harve frequently and active. The channel seems to take the energy from storms often though. I've wondered what causes that?

You may remember that yesterday's Kent MCS started in the Le Harve area and drifted towards Kent. Well a VERY active cell has just exploded in almost the exact same area as yesterday.... Could history repeat http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime?lang=nl

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

I find it fascinating how the storms do tend to leave coast at Le Harve frequently and active. The channel seems to take the energy from storms often though. I've wondered what causes that? 

Not really sure but I read here that the surface based ones tend to die but the elevated ones can last the journey over water better. Apparently the ones yesterday were elevated I think !

Posted

Think that is the nature of such events, they are difficult to pinpoint though rather than predict/forecast.

Yes, but we were talking big, active areas of rain here, not isolated storms. Not a drop of rain my location today and mostly sunny. Couldn't be more different to the met's area forecast, the updated location forecast, the amber weather warnings, etc. Edited by pureasthedriven

Posted

Hope the cell leaving France stars moving a bit more nw. Can anyon post the stearing winds so we can see where it is heading

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

So humid I feel like collapsing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

So humid I feel like collapsing

I have this plastic thing with blue gel in it and I put it in the freezer and then stick it on my forehead! WARNING! Let it defrost a bit first, otherwise you'll end up with a frost burn on your forehead! I will upload a photo later! :laugh:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

I'm going to be out until about 7.00 pm and won't be back on here until 8.00 pm.  I doubt my part of the region is going to get anything, though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Humid, oh so humid and now heavy rain, last nights storm was a cracker it was like strobe lighting in the skyi sat eating my dominoes pizza in the pool watching it untill the rain hit abd went indoors untill the second storm hit at 3am and I ended up sitting out in the garden trying to cool down!

Posted

Ow boy looks like that left split supercell leaving France is heading to my location can it survive the channel crossing