Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: calm and cold (im brontophobic)

Hmm we had rain overnight and I have no idea if there was any thunder or lightning activity as I was fast asleep. I suspect not because I would have woken..Would like to see what is going on on the radar but currently netweather radar isn't showing a thing on my iPhone.. Ie looks like we have clear skies all the way so don't know what the fuss and warnings are about! ;) ... Anyone else have the same issue?

Not working on my iPhone either. Looking at the radar on my tablet instead and it is certainly not clear! Lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Not working on my iPhone either. Looking at the radar on my tablet instead and it is certainly not clear! Lol

Ah interesting.. All working now so yes I can see what you mean certainly not clear! Lol. Meant to be travelling to Chichester today and I see the rain has kicked in there.looks to be a very wet drive.. Still you never know I may see some lightening. :)

Posted

Cannot believe how that MCS in the North Sea is maintaining - if that had actually tracked where it was allegedly supposed to we'd have been under the cosh for almost 3hrs. Not sure what it will take for this area to actually get something halfway decent :(

I agree Rob,  it was amazing the way that the big storm that came North last night just fizzled at the Norfolk/Suffolk Border.  The rain got to Diss then backtracked 20 miles in 20 minutes.  The Storm part never got out of Essex.  At the risk of sounding old, I remember when a Southerly track like last night's would just keep building and there's be a Humdinger,

Looking at the radar, for once I want showers South of us to fade, especially those in the blue box in the attachment

post-9318-0-79426600-1405753074_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Posted

Thunder and wet here again today. I'd appreciate it if it could dry out 11am-1pm as I will be out in it otherwise.

Posted

Jesus! it is pelting it down here.. but lightning is all high based, cant see any stikes due to low cloud

Posted

Jesus! it is pelting it down here.. but lightning is all high based, cant see any stikes due to low cloud

Torrential rain a couple mins back, now eased unfortunately , we want this cloud to disperse asap. Or it may blight our chances of getting a severe/potent storm, all what is coming over the channel is not particulary thundery or intense. We need a clearance - surface heating is essential. :help:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A very brief thunderstorm here, couple of rumbles and five minutes of heavy rain. Turning brighter here now. Very humid

Posted

Rain is easing here at the moment and it's certainly fresher outside , the skies clearing too which is nice but I'm sure it won't last

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

One small storm at 10.30 last night and that was it, just some cloud here now.

Posted

So was that an actual supercell over the east last night? Or was it just trying?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything out of the ordinary, except extreme heat

Went to bed at midnight did I miss anything in gravesend seems all the gravesindians were in bed lol

Not sure but there was certainly quite a bit of lightning around on this side of the river. not that far from you really. 

Posted

So was that an actual supercell over the east last night? Or was it just trying?

No supercell, it was a tame MCS, which lost most of its electrical activity after it made the crossing. Good news the cloud is thinning in places, if you have sun beaming down on you that is a good sign. Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

No supercell, it was a tame MCS, which lost most of its electrical activity after it made the crossing. Good news the cloud is thinning in places, if you have sun beaming down on you that is a good sign.

Here comes the sun doo dee doo doo....well, it's trying bless it!

Posted

No supercell, it was a tame MCS, which lost most of its electrical activity after it made the crossing. Good news the cloud is thinning in places, if you have sun beaming down on you that is a good sign.

No it's not a good sign I'm petrified of storms!There's no sun anyway it's just very murky and grey out there. It seems because I live right on the coast everything gets pushes and pulled over me very quickly it's not till it hits London area that it kicks off big time thank god.I think your all crazy for willing it on! Lol
  • Like 2

Posted

Morning everyone. Damp and humid here in west Cambs. Don't think we had anything last night because I slept right through and it doesn't take much to wake me. I can still hear rumbles of thunder a long way away but the storms seem to have missed us completely. Very disappointing. Let's hope we strike it lucky for some over the coming week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Haha! Love the way that MCS is still blazing away in the North Sea. Oh the irony!  :rofl:

Posted

denied again! a corridor formed leaving us with just a sultry 'orrible night that was almost impossible to sleep in.

Yeah know the feeling. Saw the forecast this morning and laughed at the fact I was in the corridor of nothingness. Got a drop of rain though.

Posted

Fascinated at the amount of storms that move up from France in to the North Sea off the East Coast. As a youngster near Corringham way we seemed to sometimes catch these. But in Hertfordshire now and maybe even back then, no such luck.

If they leave France East of Cherborg with a NE profile they invariably miss here.

I think in recent times I catch best weather from home grown stuff moving from SW London NE to here.

Posted

No it's not a good sign I'm petrified of storms!There's no sun anyway it's just very murky and grey out there. It seems because I live right on the coast everything gets pushes and pulled over me very quickly it's not till it hits London area that it kicks off big time thank god.I think your all crazy for willing it on! Lol

Well for today most of the action will be homegrown, those futher inland with a increased risk yesterday was imports good for your location, or bad as you may look at it :p I'm sure you'll get something today lol. Murky sky is good to discourage storm development. Vice versa sunny skies promote better breeding environment for storms.Still grey out there but the cloud is starting to thin, small patches of blue. Edited by Daniel*

Posted

Well for today most of the action will be homegrown, those futher inland with a increased risk yesterday was imports good for your location, or bad as you may look at it :p I'm sure you'll get something today lol. Murky sky is good to discourage storm development.

I'm watching th rafar very closely. We're forecast some heavy rain with thundery potential after lunchtime but they say it's hit and miss. My anxiety seems to lessen in day so if it comes then Ill so better than I have the last two nights!We'll see what happens but I'm hoping it will skim is again, if not lets hope it blows over quickly!