Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

I ment in a car not literally standing on Beachy head? very dangerous, just watching it, could be interesting? hope there are no air to air missles this time why the planes are avoiding the channel?

Probably because there's a great big thunderstorm slap bang on the middle of it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Milky skies now :-) my word that run was challenging. I still keep smiling about last nights storm, and maybe what might happen tonight. Feels very humid and close.

Fingers crossed for tonight, and I hope anyone who was to lazy to wake up this morning at 3 am (haha) see and hear something great tonight.

This feeling is not close to snow watch, but for summer time BRING IT ON..... :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: calm and cold (im brontophobic)
You'll be okay. I hate storms, don't see the fascination with lightning that can potentially harm you or things around you but we're all different and all love different types of weather. Just stay inside and try to keep calm however bad it get's. Try to take your mind off of it by doing something even if that is difficult. It's just a matter of getting through the next 24+ hours for the worst of everything to come through...easier said than done but don't worry yourself sick as it'll make you ill  :good:
Yo

I can't don anything apart from hide I'm going to the docs on Monday to see if I an have some anxiety meds or something I'm a 22 year old mother for Christ sake!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

No storms yet but got caught in a heavy downpour 10 minutes ago and just 1/2 mile to the west in Angmering it's light rain, right on the western edge of the rain band.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Black hazy skies, love it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

right in position this weekend, damn if only I could chase this. Still south east Essex should get at least a glancing blow from this.

Yo

I can't don anything apart from hide I'm going to the docs on Monday to see if I an have some anxiety meds or something I'm a 22 year old mother for Christ sake!

Control your breathing and buy some rescue remedy (google it) I suffered panic attacks for ten yrs

Posted

Planes avoiding the channel

http://www.flightradar24.com/50.15,0.64/8

Posted Imagemcs.jpg

Interesting as usually planes from Gatwick to the continent fly out across Worthing and come back across I.O.W and Portsmouth. Obviously diverted  because of the storm I can see from my back window. I have heard quite a few rumbles but a bit too far east for Bognor to get this lot. later tonight I am hoping it may be as good as last night when we initially had lightning flashes on an average of every 3 seconds

Posted

wow, ACCAS and Altocumulus flooding in from the south and it's dark based as well

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

This picture take now is from a high point in Chafford hundred looking over the river to Kent..... Looks darks and menacing....

Sorry it's sideward... On phone

post-12257-0-16269600-1405711490_thumb.j

Posted

Oh if only I could view this at the firehills you can't do much better. The scene must be exceptional.

Watch the forum go laggy :p I expect a magnitude of users, to come back from the grave!

Posted

wow, ACCAS and Altocumulus flooding in from the south and it's dark based as well

Just been outside .... wow ... yes. Dark based clouds right above me.... amazing.... im just lovin this! ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

I know this is OT for the storms, but I've been busy recently and haven't been on the forum - what's happened to John Pike?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Humidity feels like its gone through the roof here this evening, just been for a 5 minute walk to the shop for the beer run and feel like I've run a marathon, drenched in sweat, incredibly oppressive now

• Like 1

Yo

Hi you are the same as me i have a phobia of storms, that is why i come on here just hoping no storm comes near me as last night i was sweating under covers, i will not go out in a storm.Tomorrow we have a big fete where i live always go there too get plants but i know i cant go tomorrow as so scared it will thunder when i am out, i am a mother and all my kids dont mind thunder.I wished i could be like that.

• Like 1

Posted

Humidity feels like its gone through the roof here this evening, just been for a 5 minute walk to the shop for the beer run and feel like I've run a marathon, drenched in sweat, incredibly oppressive now

Same, it's got much more humid, really oppressive 

Posted

tell me about it have a major headache trying to get kids down impossible!

Posted

The cloud build up to the south and south east has happened very quickly in the past hour here in East London. Oppressively hot still and the wind has died but the cloud keeps building.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

So this lot on the Saturday coast now is the first lot with more batches later.?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

FAX charts

Posted ImageCyclonic southerly

Posted Image

850s - hot, very hot airmass

Expect thunderstorms both home grown or imports. Severe storms are possible.

Temperatures - 25-31C

Saturday night

Posted Image

Front crosses the region, so expect the storms to rumble on into the night, this is supported by the hi-res models.

Also there is instability behind the front, so that could be interesting for Sunday.

Another warm night - 17-20C

That's all the charts for the moment, still looks thundery for Sunday, much drier next week and staying warm or very warm

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I hope I can stay awake, not been asleep since 03:30 this morning after two separate storms tracked through. Now a potential MCS heading my way! 11 storms so far this year, that equals the whole of last year and it's only July!!!