Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

A bit worrying looking at the radar prediction on the met office app (UK4?) which shows the storms in northern France dying out over the channel before storms get going again to the west of London later in the night

I know it won't go like that but an anxious few hours ahead as we see how it behaves over the sea

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

I hate to say it, but the western end of the MCS appears to be on a direct course - that being said, the worst of it is to your east.

Posted Image

:oops:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

A bit worrying looking at the radar prediction on the met office app (UK4?) which shows the storms in northern France dying out over the channel before storms get going again to the west of London later in the nightI know it won't go like that but an anxious few hours ahead as we see how it behaves over the sea

Forget the forecasts - this is a "nowcasting" situation - live radar is very handy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: calm and cold (im brontophobic)

It looks like we're gunna get the eastern side yes fingers crossed we miss the worst of it but I'm sure it will still be horrible. I can't watch the radar when it starts coz I'm fingers in ears and hiding under as much pillow as I can get so I'll let u know how I fair up in the morning if we don't all die!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I'm australian and the storms there I'm told were huge I was 3 yrs old when I come to uk so maybe I picked up a fear when I was younger ? But I hate them my heart pounds too :(

You both should be perfectly safe indoors, just stick some headphones in and watch a movie or listen to some music!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I hate to say it, but the western end of the MCS appears to be on a direct course - that being said, the worst of it is to your east.

Agreed, it's likely to scoop up some moisture as it crosses the channel so rain might be the worst element, as it makes landfall it will ramp up so coastal areas might be spared as it intensifies as it moves inland!

Having said that, it's a real beast and anything can, and most likely will happen!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

A bit worrying looking at the radar prediction on the met office app (UK4?) which shows the storms in northern France dying out over the channel before storms get going again to the west of London later in the nightI know it won't go like that but an anxious few hours ahead as we see how it behaves over the sea

Ignore the radar predictions, they're useless and wrong 90% of the time

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

On its way.....

Posted Image

Posted

It looks like we're gunna get the eastern side yes fingers crossed we miss the worst of it but I'm sure it will still be horrible. I can't watch the radar when it starts coz I'm fingers in ears and hiding under as much pillow as I can get so I'll let u know how I fair up in the morning if we don't all die!

You'll be okay. I hate storms, don't see the fascination with lightning that can potentially harm you or things around you but we're all different and all love different types of weather. Just stay inside and try to keep calm however bad it get's. Try to take your mind off of it by doing something even if that is difficult. It's just a matter of getting through the next 24+ hours for the worst of everything to come through...easier said than done but don't worry yourself sick as it'll make you ill  :good:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Anybody on Beachy Head?

Not the best place to be during a thunderstorm, so hopefully not! :laugh:

• Like 3

Posted

This is why bbc forecasts are so naff, nothing like the current radar! ( Yes I know it says 9pm )

post-7255-0-21365600-1405710249_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Anybody on Beachy Head?

What a view that would be, (my old viewing spot )

Any one on the coast seen any thing yet?

Not the best place to be during a thunderstorm, so hopefully not! :laugh:

Went up there a fair few times, stayed in the car mind. If the storms heading over the channel the view of it there is something else. But yes it is dangerous.

Edited by Dami
  • Like 1

Posted

The anvil head is now over Canterbury, it's hazy :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!

Gone very, very dark here with rumbles in the distance. Camera at the ready!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: calm and cold (im brontophobic)

Rains stalled slightly can here thunder in the distance

Posted

I ment in a car not literally standing on Beachy head? very dangerous, just watching it, could be interesting? hope there are no air to air missles this time why the planes are avoiding the channel?