Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

why go by a meto warning when they didnt even get it right last night!!

I'm not......don't trust them as far as I can throw them and with my bad knee I shouldn't be throwing anyone.

Agreed 100%!

Some of the best storms have been unforecasted, shame we didn't have any last night

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

Sun out here now and things are getting hot and sweaty :bomb:

is it still sunny in northampton then?  hoping it stays sunny and hot for the rest of today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

26.5oC now in the shed, heat is really starting to build again (last night was not comfortable and required the fan on in the lounge and the cooler running all night in the bedroom)

Tip for anyone not aware of it, good way to keep cool and you do not have aircon but a desk/clip fan is freeze two bottles of water (I use the 2 pint plastic milk bottles), place them in front of a fan so the air can flow through/between and pass them, the air cools as it reaches you, handy for sleeping at night.

Edited by Jax
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Not bad the storms last night, short but pretty sharp! Went out in the garden in my pyjamas in one of them, with the cat! Lightning was right over head, not seen a night time storm for ages! 32c at the moment!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

Things are heating up here as the clouds are starting to roll over and that sun is beaming down now.

26 degrees was last recorded at 12.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Finally hot and sunny here, just love watching the dead rubbish in the west drift past....dead as the proverbial dodo despite getting within about 40 miles. Next time don't bother...

Posted

Not bad the storms last night, short but pretty sharp! Went out in the garden in my pyjamas in one of them, with the cat! Lightning was right over head, not seen a night time storm for ages! 32c at the moment!

You have PJ's?

Posted

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-28364856

Did anyone see this? I think was not far from me, I'm sure I recognise those houses......

Yeah, I posted it up in the plume thread too.

• Like 1

Posted

You have PJ's?

:laugh: Didn't want to go out half naked! :rofl: Although today  is hot enough to! Breezy, but it's not a cool breeze, not a cloud in the sky!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Bit sticky out there! Dewpoint 24c! Temp sitting at 29c....... oooh, it's exciting! Aside the horrendous Tube journey tonight, I'm excited!  I am equipping the flat roof with all camera items and things.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I had to get up and close the bedroom window during the first storm, not too happy having to touch any metal, and I waited till storm no 5 had  past till i finally had my shower. 

Posted

CHEESE AND RICE!

Just passed 28oC in the shed here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Heat really building, just hit 29C here.

Posted

:laugh: Didn't want to go out half naked! :rofl: Although today  is hot enough to! Breezy, but it's not a cool breeze, not a cloud in the sky!

There are some ppl I would like to see half/all naked...

...your not one of them :laugh:

Really getting rather hot here now, after the comfort of 21oC this morning it has changed to very hot and humid again, would be suprised if later today/tonight does not go bang.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

Orange warning? Good times ahead.

I am just to the right of the amber warning, got my fingers crossed it slips a bit further east (which isn't too much of a stretch given last nights action)

How good/bad (depending on your point of view) do we think for tonight...back to the 90s? Also given there is a  level 2 warning for the south east, I wonder why the amber MET Office warning does not include us? 

Edited by scotteboi

Posted

There are some ppl I would like to see half/all naked...

...your not one of them :laugh:

Really getting rather hot here now, after the comfort of 21oC this morning it has changed to very hot and humid again, would be suprised if later today/tonight does not go bang.

Yes, not a pretty sight! :bad: Feels like 38.8c here! :shok: :shok: :shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Well last night was awesome, I am heading out for Nando's soon, extra hot chicken! There will be a storm later and im not just talking about one outside! ;)Also I dont really think you can blame the Meto, we live in a very unpredictable country, meteorologically speaking.BBC is using the word 'Thunderstorm' in their forecast!! What is going on?I found this and it made me laugh:http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/science-technology/attention-seeking-weather-told-to-grow-up-2014071888720 

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

it must be the hottest day so far this year in central London.  I have been okay so far this week but today i am feeling it.  I think the mix of high temperatures and relatively high humidity is making all the difference.  I am not complaining though....at least not yet :)

i can beat that i think. i went out in the torrential downpour in just my boxers to retrieve my fragile peppers plants :)

Posted

DAMN it is hot - 28C looking firm to hit 30C. Outside is horrendous.

The sun is strong, and the temps march on...

Missed what happened I was fast asleep, saddened but there is more to come :good:

Posted

it must be the hottest day so far this year in central London.  I have been okay so far this week but today i am feeling it.  I think the mix of high temperatures and relatively high humidity is making all the difference.  I am not complaining though....at least not yet :)

i can beat that i think. i went out in the torrential downpour in just my boxers to retrieve my fragile peppers plants :)

:shok: Can anybody beat that or have they been arrested for public indecency! :laugh: Strong easterly breeze now! The Daily Mash, thanks Mesoscale, it made me laugh, that festival article too! :rofl:

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

I am just to the right of the amber warning, got my fingers crossed it slips a bit further east (which isn't too much of a stretch given last nights action)

How good/bad (depending on your point of view) do we think for tonight...back to the 90s? Also given there is a  level 2 warning for the south east, I wonder why the amber MET Office warning does not include us? 

Not being funny the Met don't have ANY lightening symbols for our whole area for any time in the warning period. Completely useless. Don't they realise that Joe public use them to find out what's going on?? Not everyone is fortunate enough to belong to NW....really annoys me

Posted

30 c reached at 2 metres in the shade in Beltinge. Wind off the land still. Might hit 33 later. Was 25 at langdon bay at midday with onshore wind, so its definately classed as hot today.

Posted

is it still sunny in northampton then?  hoping it stays sunny and hot for the rest of today.

Some cloud here to the east of the county, cannot say for sure in N'ton, but very hot and humid now, 28.6oC in the shed, just took a stroll to the corner shop and feel like I have been cooked, just need a fork sticking in me to make sure I am done.