Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

thunderstorms at 3am in Northampton and lots of lightning and thunder cracks.  Still very warm and humid this morning so hasn't freshened the air up at all.  Now in London and it is stiffling here too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Really feeling the humidity today for the first time in this spell, still a bit of cloud around but clearing up nicely so thankfully it looks as if the unexpected storms won't affect the forecast temperatures too much

Posted

Quite a fresh feel in Southampton this morning - cloud cover quite extensive as well so have a feeling the unexpected storms last night may cause a knock on effect for later. If the humidity and sun don't appear by lunchtime then my guess is that all we'll have to look forward to later is a load of rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Posted it over in the plume thread,think my son captured a ground to cloud strike!

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/80884-spanish-plume-anyone-storm-and-convective-discussion-17th-july-onwards/?p=3006280

Edited by anything-but

Posted

A hefty band of storms is just about to hit me in west Cambs. Rumbles of thunder already starting and the sky has darkened. The lightning detector is showing no end of flashes. We heard an amazing storm in the distance during the night, which is probably what most of you have been talking about this morning. It was loud where we were so it must have been amazing if you were under it.

Anyway, the next half an hour could be good!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Made it's to MK and we've just had some hail, and now rumbles and flashes..But the suns out now... Haha!

watched the cell on radar it actually spilt on top of me..does that alot here. Still rumbling here, dark and rainy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Dare I say  I think the sun is trying to come out. Better keep quiet, don't want to frighten it off. At least the drizzle has stopped now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

hoping its my turn tonight,saw loads of lightning around gatwick at about 3am,but by the time i got home,all i could i see was distant sheet lightning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

Posted it over in the plume thread,think my son captured a ground to cloud strike!

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/80884-spanish-plume-anyone-storm-and-convective-discussion-17th-july-onwards/?p=3006280

great shot

Posted

Very muggy night here uncomfortable to try and sleep. This morning there has been a little drizzle. Sun trying to come out (has broken through a few times) but still quite a bit of cloud around. Am hoping we get some nice big thunder storms over the next few days  :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Cloud is clearing now so the temp is going up past 23C. Looks like a hot and sweaty day to come! Have to fly to the States with work tonight, gutted to be missing a near level 3 on Estofex lol but so happy to have seen such a great storm overnight. Not forecasted too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Was amazed to be woke at 2am to a spectacular Lightning show which was constant and lasted a couple of hours. Brilliant constant rumbles of thunder too. Had round two at 8:30am and can now here more rumbles getting closer.

I'm abit worried about tonight if all this is going on now.

Are we still on for tonight? Haven't seen the weather forecast on tv yet.

Current temperature is 21.9c here and very muggy!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

28C at 9am just across the channel. Somewhere in Kent or Sussex going to recorded the highest temp of 33C late this afternoon ? I fancy the southern slopes of the weald with minimum sea breeze affect today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Yes if anything tonight should be more severe and more widespread, same again tomorrow as well. As last night showed though, these events never really go as forecast so anything could happen really, just need to keep glued to the radar from this evening onwards!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all

like others I got awoken just after 03:00 this morning to T&L and heavy rain as it passed, counted a few strikes (most of which appeared to be C2C) to be within a mile of my location, good to see the vivid purples and blues lighting up the cloud base.

I returned to sleep about an hour later, and we then had another storm (further away this time) around 09:30, that has passed and now another system has moved in but this one is just giving heavy periods of rain.

I am glad of the slightly cooler conditions this weather is currently making, still warm and humid though but just not as intense, what that may mean for tonights potential storms I have no idea as I expect those tp be supplied with imported energy.

Posted

Spoke too soon, storm number three has arrived it seems.

• Like 1

Posted

Was amazed to be woke at 2am to a spectacular Lightning show which was constant and lasted a couple of hours. Brilliant constant rumbles of thunder too. Had round two at 8:30am and can now here more rumbles getting closer.I'm abit worried about tonight if all this is going on now.Are we still on for tonight? Haven't seen the weather forecast on tv yet.Current temperature is 21.9c here and very muggy!

For sure.

Last night was a bonus for T&L lovers. Just a teaser of what's to come which IMO will be much worst than what we've already seen. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Am loving it loving it...BUT ..

It is getting very close to having to walk lil one to pre school for her afternoon session and it hasn't really stopped rumbling or raining since about 9am. It's quite open too on the way, so i'm not looking forward to the trip much either.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

No storms in Canterbury :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

I make last night's storm the 17th "Thunder day" this year in Twickenham! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

Nice! Great capture!

Posted

Am loving it loving it...BUT ..

It is getting very close to having to walk lil one to pre school for her afternoon session and it hasn't really stopped rumbling or raining since about 9am. It's quite open too on the way, so i'm not looking forward to the trip much either.

Looking at the radar I would say it is about to clear your locale, so you can go back to the vest and shorts in no time :)