Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Four storms in one night here. I don't remember that happening before. Lovely and fresh with a breeze for now, but I don't somehow think that's going to last...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Morning , I can say with absolute faith that I witnessed one of the most incredible storms of my life last night . Two intense storms , one to my west and one to my east . Constant lightening , fork , sheet , and bolts , with loud crackling thunder , bombs going off all around me, realy quite scary at times. The forecasters never saw that coming last night. I don't think any of us thought it was going to go off like that? Although warnings were issued by netweather an co come late afternoon , the intensity and how widespread they were really shocked me . What a night !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: calm and cold (im brontophobic)

ANy possibility that because of the unexpected nature of the storms last night and their intensity, that we may not have such a bad night tonight into tomorrow? Please?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Planet Norfolk is mostly cloudy (thanks for that southern counties...not) and rather windy, humidity is off the scale...at the bottom. I do wonder if our local forecasters actually do any forecasting instead of using the national forecast, because the latter rarely gets it right for the extreme east! And I'm not talking about storms, just the general weather conditions - it's not humid and it's definitely not warm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Must of missed out here as none of us woke up and its hardly even wet outside  :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

At about 642 I got up as there was a storm rumbling to the south, the one over/near Colchester. Taking a quick look at radar it seemed a nice little storm was heading my way A marked cloudline and a front of something rolled over incredibly fast and it was as black as night but kind of hazy looking - quite eerie but wouldn't translate to camera very well. All the action was again happening to the west/south west, and despite all the lightning on the radar, I saw about three flashes, and that was it - more rumbles and as per usual it fizzled out as soon as it got level more or less with my location/Ipswich. Rain set in and I feel I missed it - again, also it was travelling pretty fast so no time to really chase further - should have got up earlier!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The showers are clearing now. Just scattered altocumulus left now. Here comes the heat. Temperature is around 19C but will rise very quickly now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Amazing storm here in Frome last night!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Closest flash and rumble so far... Wow!

That was the one that woke me up. Thank god it did....

Amazing storm last night. Woken at 2.40 by constant flashes, a lot of it was skirting around me but made for some amazing forks in the sky. Seriously, if that wasn't the main event, then tonight might deliver something really memorable

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Morning

An absolute cracker last night. Woke around 3am to hear torrential rain, then the room lite up with flashes of lightening and the loudest thunder I have heard in years. I think it lasted around 40 minutes, woke around 5am to hear more thunder.

This has certainly whetted the appetite for more storms.

You can't beat a nighttime storm..

• Like 1

Posted

Planet Norfolk is mostly cloudy (thanks for that southern counties...not) and rather windy, humidity is off the scale...at the bottom. I do wonder if our local forecasters actually do any forecasting instead of using the national forecast, because the latter rarely gets it right for the extreme east! And I'm not talking about storms, just the general weather conditions - it's not humid and it's definitely not warm!

I agree to a point, they rarely get it right for anywhere East of the Wash.

But this morning, this is what my weather station is saying this morning, humidity is well up

post-9318-0-86922300-1405668419_thumb.jp

Posted

I agree to a point, they rarely get it right for anywhere East of the Wash.

But this morning, this is what my weather station is saying this morning, humidity is well up

And now it's totally overcast and drizzling. I really wish local forecasters would look at the radar just once every now and again. And people wonder why we get so cross....

Posted

Amazing storm @ 3am this morning, just like being in Florida. Absolutely wonderful. Loudest thunder I've probably ever heard in my long 41 years on this planet.

More please.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

just uploaded one vid my son sent me,once he sends the others i`ll probably edit `em all into one lightfest. ....go to 2:25 for the moneyshot,lol

Edited by anything-but
  • Like 2

Posted

Morning all. Great storm last night, best night storm we've had in a long time.

Currently travelling up the M1 to MK, and to the East it's sunny, but off to the West, there's a line of storms and it's very dark with a nice few lightning strikes being seen from the Motorway :)

• Like 1

Posted

And now it's totally overcast and drizzling. I really wish local forecasters would look at the radar just once every now and again. And people wonder why we get so cross....

The "Local" BBC Breakfast didn't even show the huge storm over Essex, obviously pre-recorded saying that all storms would be clear by breakfast!!

Never mind, let's see what happens over the next couple of days, will we still have cause for complaint come Monday?

• Like 1

Posted

The "Local" BBC Breakfast didn't even show the huge storm over Essex, obviously pre-recorded saying that all storms would be clear by breakfast!!

Never mind, let's see what happens over the next couple of days, will we still have cause for complaint come Monday?

In a word - yes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

Wow, what an incredible storm last night - perhaps the best I have seen for a very long time, if ever in Sutton. I have never seen lightning like it ! And it wasn't even forecast ! I so hope we will have more to come later although because it has been forecast I'm not expecting to see anything and I will return to the no-storms zone !

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Well that was a turn up for the books after being forecast nothing. Storm rolled in at about 2.45am with regular flashes (but were hidden by cloud). Torrential rain and thunder. Lasted for about 30 minutes and then a smaller more powerful one rolled in at about 5am.

Considering the main action is supposed to be in the next 24 hours, I am pleasantly surprised.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

I understand your pain - the storm shield here was working once again this morning. The storm that did arrive nearby was moving so fast, that I never would have been able to keep up especially around rush hour. According to all those in Essex and a bit further south it was a stunner. It's frustrating despite a whole lot of lightning going off a few miles away. Though haven't you had some nice storms visit Norfolk in recent weeks? Think we will have to get our own HAARP program running... sunshine here now, and temps rising, things drying out slowly. Another nice day - but am hoping for storms later. It's got to happen! :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

yep had round 2 at 5.10 this morning, and now it looks like i have got round 3 on it's way, just heard another rumble..

I'm like I don't get storms and 3 in 24 hours?  :shok:  :shok:

Totally unexpected and totally welcomed.

Posted

I understand your pain - the storm shield here was working once again this morning. The storm that did arrive nearby was moving so fast, that I never would have been able to keep up especially around rush hour. According to all those in Essex and a bit further south it was a stunner. It's frustrating despite a whole lot of lightning going off a few miles away. Though haven't you had some nice storms visit Norfolk in recent weeks? Think we will have to get our own HAARP program running... sunshine here now, and temps rising, things drying out slowly. Another nice day - but am hoping for storms later. It's got to happen! :)

Well, nice in terms of structure but that's it. One or two rumbles, with emphasis on the one haha. It's now positively autumnal out there, the forecast couldn't be more off beam if it tried...

• Like 1