Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Evening all, WOW What melter today was, Even warmer tomorrow. Could be some excellent T storm activity over the next couple of days. Humidity really punching in. This warm to hot spell looking to continue for a while based on current output, That's just based though never confirmed,However signals are very good. take care folks.

:rolleyes:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Lovely day here, not too hot, nice onshore breeze and plenty of cloud in the afternoon, humidity conspicuous by its absence. Perfect weather for a serious re-vamp of various parts of the garden. I do love a bit of slash and burn (the bonfire is about 15ft high) :D  

There will be no hatch battening here over the next couple of days, never known overcast and dry weather to cause flash flooding haha

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

It's really pleasant outside near with a fairly stiff breeze, my room on the other hand has bottled up this plume and is serving me with temperatures of 29 degrees. Please drop a little bit :)

Edit - down to 27C now.

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Right T-day (terrible pun I know)

Saturday

temperatures

Posted Image

Looks hot, the track of Fridays MCS looks to be through central England so there is every chance that Eastern areas could remain clear.

Dew points

Posted Image

Reaching 22C by the afternoon and carrying on into the evening.

Cape

Posted Image

Off the scale by late Afternoon

Same at the mid-levels

I think there is definitely a chance of something developing during Saturday that could be quite violent.

I've over-stewed my tea, by about half an hour  :rofl:  whoops, serves me right for spending to much time checking for storm potential.

• Like 8

Posted

Good stuff Matt, we don't want that MCS's eastward edge any further east than the IOW as a minimum! :D

Stewed tea is the best tea hehe

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Great posts captain both in here and the model forum I for one am greatful for explainations and charts of what is going on or what could happen in the future. I'm learning all the time over a couple of years thanks to posts like yours and others such as JP to name one. Good to see great humour too. Temps at 30 in my 2 year olds room tonight all windows open with a nice breeze blowing through at times.

• Like 1

Posted

If the thunder activity backs west slightly and leaves the SE clear on Sat, surely with the higher uppers there is a chance of it being hotter than Friday?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

The front which is moving north-east over the Channel is just hitting Southampton. All of a sudden the curtains have started sucking in and out of the open windows and the lights just flickered - lightning strike just to my south-west according to http://www.blitzortung.org/Webpages/index.php?lang=en&page_0=12

Still over 21C, but the pressure is falling rapidly and the humidity is 69% from 53% this afternoon.

Posted

There's a mess of intense showers just leaving Normandy which should be waking lots of people up along the central Southern coast in a couple of hours! :rolleyes::lazy:

• Like 1

Posted

Don't laugh but I'm sitting here with a blanket on my lap and fluffy slippers on cos it's definitely not warm in here! This is a strange county....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

fan on full blast here

• Like 1

Posted

too hot (did I mention that?)

Posted

Don't laugh but I'm sitting here with a blanket on my lap and fluffy slippers on cos it's definitely not warm in here! This is a strange county....

Currently 16.1C outside near the North Norfolk coast.

So should go lower overnight

• Like 1

Posted

Posted Image

This chart shows clearly how things are predicted to pan out. Note the shallow trough over the UK, the northern flank will be the main area of thundery rain, its position by now is north west England, we are effectively in the warm sector under some very unstable air. The steering winds are south to north. This means as well as getting potential surface based convection, we could also pick up some thunderstorms from central France as they track northwards. So a night time show cannot be ruled out either.

Temperatures again, the GFS has 29C, but it could get higher. Also Cape values are through the roof and the mid-level cape stays strong through the night, only dying down late on Sunday.

That's all from me. Goodnight.

• Like 2

Posted

Yeh, frequent rumbles now. Intense storm off the Needles . :yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted

too hot and now planning my exit for the evening.  goodnight all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

Good to see most of the region under a Level 1, let alone a level 2.

What's slightly concerning is that if you read the warning in its entirety, they were considering a level 3!!!!

Posted

Good to see most of the region under a Level 1, let alone a level 2.

Well it may have been upgraded to a level 3, which shows of the potential severity. I wouldn't underplay the possibilities."An alternative scenario is that not much convection will be surface-based, and the bulk of the activity will be elevated, reducing the overall severe threat. Because of this uncertainty, an level 3 was not issued at this time."^ Night

Posted

Cracking stuff over the Forest right now. Near continuous thunder!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Looks like we might see a little action tonight. My little Oregon alarm clock is showing rain. It's primitive but usually accurate.

Edited by Storme
  • Like 1

Posted

Amazing!!!! Still flashing away to my East .went down to the coast at Milford and watched the storm come in. .loads of cgs one hit between us and the marine cafe! Continuous lightning and thunder...best storm here for a long time...scary but wow!!!

• Like 2

Posted

Can see frequent flashes here and hearing distant thunder in Burgess Hill