Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Cloudy

Humidity 62%

Humidex 28.7c

Dew Point 16.2c

Wetbulb 19.2c

Pressure steady!

Wind W 4mph

Temp 25.3c

Been a lovely day here, just started clouding over! People seem happier when the sun is out, might change when the heat kicks in though!

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything out of the ordinary, except extreme heat

95% cloud cover now. It feels hot hot hot out there. I think tonight will be atrocious for sleeping, unless you are lucky and have air con....Not going to pay to much attention about Saturday yet. Had my fingers burnt too many times.... But things do look promising, and I hope the storms arrive overnight. That way we could hopefully see a great lightening show, and secondly I can enjoy a dry and hot weekend...

yes that would be great! it doesn't seem as cloudy as earlier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

yes that would be great! it doesn't seem as cloudy as earlier.

Same here, the stratus from earlier has thinned out and broken up. Hazy sunshine here. The temperatures haven't dropped, hanging between 24 and 25C now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow and storms

Hello everyone, haven't posted for a while but the developing weather for the weekend looks very interesting. Just watched the latest BBC forecast and there was a warning for violent Thunderstorms with frequent lightning, hail and torrential rain possible across our region. Definitely one to keep a close eye on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: calm and cold (im brontophobic)

Absolutely bricking it for Friday night!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

NMM 18km model looks very good for thunderstorms for a good chunk of the region for friday and through saturday.....first part of the plume destabilzation occurs tomorrow night as a shortwave trough moves north from France. At this juncture it looks only to affect the extreme west of the regions (Berkshire/Oxon and Wilts)

On Friday night however, the fun starts, as a secondary trough pushes north and may well develop an MCS to push through central/southern England, and as MCS's tend to be more active on their east and north-east flanks then this is of good news to storm lovers in the region. 

The threat for surface based home grown storms is then in place for saturday daytime before more surface based storms develop over nothern France during the afternoon and into the evening. Modelling infers these storms will become elevated as they move into the Channel and push inland giving some spectacular light shows and torrential rain saturday night into the early hours of sunday morning.

All in all, a great outlook for storm lovers in the region  :)

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Great update AJ. Hope this really happens :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Awesome update and agree with you wholeheartedly. I don't think I will be getting too much sleep on Friday  :wink:

So FAX charts

Tomorrow

Posted Image

Light winds, backing south easterly later

Dry and actually looks sunnier than yesterdays chart for this time

Posted Image

The hot air will really start to march north tomorrow afternoon.

Temperatures - 25-29C (Maybe 30C in the late afternoon as the cloud fully clears and the upper air heats up).

Thursday night

Posted Image

A trough moves up the west side of the UK. Can't rule out an elevated storm in the west of the region. A very warm and muggy night.

Friday

Posted Image

Looks mostly dry, wind will be a moderate South/South easterly

Posted Image

The heat really builds (850s 16-18C)

Temperatures - 29-32C, maybe a touch higher perhaps. Cooler on the coast though still very warm indeed.

Friday night

Posted Image

Disturbance over France (possible MCS here developing). Could be a lively night. Temperatures may not drop bellow 20C in places.

Saturday 

Posted Image

Cyclonic, winds mainly from the south.

Heavy showers or thunderstorms are likely to break out. Temperatures are a complete unknown here

Posted Image

The upper air is even hotter than Friday (16-20C)

Temperatures - 24-30C as a rough guide, but if anywhere could avoid the storms and see some sunshine then the temperatures could get higher.

Hopefully the rest will follow (if the FAX charts are released before half 11 tonight :p)

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

I want a storm just to get rid of this heat.

Posted

I want a storm just to get rid of this heat.

Um, all I can suggest is maybe a deserved vacation to the east coast next week :) Should be pleasant and sunny there all week if the models are correct.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Getting rather hot in the house now, all windows open!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Anyone think the SW will get a Level 1 severe weather warning tomorrow from Estofex?

Also, when do they release new forecasts? tonight? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Suddenly finding it uncomfortably hot and sticky in the past hour having been perfectly bearable all day, roasting in the house now despite all windows being wide open

Posted

looking  at  the  radar  is that rain  heading  our way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Today wasn`t too bad on the bike,bit sweaty in London maybe,but the M2 was pleasant enough, Don`t think it`ll be that way tomorrow!

Spare a thought for us leather clad bikers as you sup your pint/pimms tomorrow.....glad i booked Friday off for a trip out before the fun and games overnight! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

It looks stormy out and I'm not being funny, actual dark heavy clouds and radar does show something rainy

Posted

Getting rather hot in the house now, all windows open!

Tell me about it. A coolish shower and maybe a sleeping pill :whistling:  may be in order.

Posted

Today on a college outing to Thorpe Park, Hideously hot, on a coach with dire AC which just releases the same old air back was a utter nightmare - felt like hell. No windows or any source of ventilation, it felt like it was over 90F very disturbed by the whole experience, at least it did not happen on Friday - On top of that I hurt my back real bad on Saw - which I was forced into, not much of a thrill seeker tbh. Hope you're having a fine evening, and yup many have gone into hiding come back :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

soz not weather related as such but is jp still on here,i dont get on here much atm so maybe i miss his posts

Posted

rain (OK a light shower)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Evening all, rare summer post here as looking forward to the weekend storms. I've booked a camping weekend at West wittering so hoping to get a swim in on Friday before it all kicks off. I remember watching the storms pass Chichester from the beach a few years ago, I'd like some more of the same if it isn't going to be wall to wall beach weather. Might even be a bit more bearable by the sea!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

evening All-

Enjoy the sun & Heat tomorrow its all going bang Friday night !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

I`m probably close enough to pass you a beer over the fence when the light show starts SM. :D

Posted

soz not weather related as such but is jp still on here,i dont get on here much atm so maybe i miss his posts

we all do, trust me.