Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/ Snow

V active storm over here, moving across benfleet, slow moving, which is great as i think its developing a lot, cloud to ground and lightning across sky :) , big bloopy rain, very nice, drink ing pint in it at the moment lol.

• Like 1

Posted

20.9c under storm cloud 96% Humidity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Anything going to build behind those storms? I am in the mood for a good storm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

There are two big thunderstorms, one over South Essex (girlfriends location) and one south of Cambridge (where I live), I am currently in Great Yarmouth where nothing is happening.

It's one of those days isn't it  :wallbash:  :rofl:  :cc_confused:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

So We had one storm slip to the south of us down the estuary about an hour ago and then another one picked up just to the north west of us and has tracked through, still rumbling a bit now, and still humid which is good! Quite surprised how long they both lasted, and how quickly they popped up, but the haze really killed the visibility earlier, so no tower-spotting!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

There are two big thunderstorms, one over South Essex (girlfriends location) and one south of Cambridge (where I live), I am currently in Great Yarmouth where nothing is happening.

It's one of those days isn't it  :wallbash:  :rofl:  :cc_confused:

A day in the Triangle. Great to be back, eh!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

A quick update, the storm has passed here now, mostly CG strikes on its trailing edge, the frontal edge is pretty intense as far as lighting is concerned, mostly IC's  but it fades fairly quickly. Just watch out for what is to come, I don't think it's over just yet!

Edited by Wet'n'Dry

Posted

A lot of CG lightning and now bit of hail and heavy rain...

(Benfleet, Essex)

Edited by Ste L

Posted

Another CG and loud thunder, hang on another whilst I'm typing! This is pretty impressive ... and another CG! It's nuts here!!!!

Edited by Wet'n'Dry
  • Like 1

Posted

This storms great, not much rain , but a lot of CG and building, also very slow moving, Internal storm cloud lightning too.

Edited by Ste L

Posted

3 distinct storms in one night and it's still ongoing, yet more CG's and barely a silent moment due to almost continuous thunder!

Posted

2 more CG's in less than a minute, Oh and another while I'm typing this reply. The thunder barely goes quite. Has the Croydon cell arrived yet? Bloody hell another CG out my front window. I haven't seen this much activity for many years!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

2 more CG's in less than a minute, Oh and another while I'm typing this reply. The thunder barely goes quite. Has the Croydon cell arrived yet? Bloody hell another CG out my front window. I haven't seen this much activity for many years!

Croydon cell fizzled out to nothing 

Posted

Bit damp here..The humidity suddenly started to clear..gone a tad chilly in my garden now! Had a couple of spots of rain and the clouds are less thick ..

Posted

Croydon cell fizzled out to nothing 

That's probably our lot for tonight. The Essex storms, 3 of them, were a bit unpredictable but gave a good show with IC and CG especially along their trailing edges. They may have fizzled out before they reached Benfleet. Let's hope we can have some decent home grown storms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

Finally storm heard in distance from the band approaching east, so far only IC lightning, going out to viewpoint in a few moments and will see if it continues to my location or dies out as per normal! Band certainly seems active as it approaches. Watching radar until I go out to see if I can capture some lightning...

• Like 1